rugbyunion
Latest News:

Lions Tour 2017: British & Irish Lions V Highlanders 13 June DHL NZ Lions Series At Dunedin
marjanjenifa34 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 04:20
[Advert - Deleted]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2017 09:39 by Craic Admin.

Re: Lions Tour 2017: British & Irish Lions V Highlanders 13 June DHL NZ Lions Series At Dunedin
The Sligo Rover (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 05:59
JUST WONDERING, how many of The Highlanders team are NZ born?

Re: Lions Tour 2017: British & Irish Lions V Highlanders 13 June DHL NZ Lions Series At Dunedin
HMRH (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 06:19
How many of our players were born in England?

Cill Dara (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 10:17
I don't really know how to take that game? Far too many penalties.

Prisco stripe Hibernico

Shawshank (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 10:43
Pretty dismal again.

Very poor basic skills from many of the Lions - how bad is Payne? Haskell looks miles off any form, and Warburton did one thing right the whole match.

Lack of attacking ambition as well.

Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 10:48
Agree Haskell well off the pace. Tom curry would be better.

How on earth Jones is there and not Launchberry is embarrassing frankly.

Joseph had a real mixed bag. looked great going forward but skills let him down at crucial times and got battered in defence.

Game changed when Webb went off for me. Laidlaw is just so un-dynamic and un-inspiring.

Dan Cole managed to play himself out of the test squad with that performance. 2 scrums 2 pens against him.

bisach (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 11:05
One quick question.

Are there no other nationalities other than Welsh so do the half time interview?

Or are there so many of them they have to be given something to do?

Ok, two questions.

HMRH (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 11:22
Angus Gardner the referee so that's harsh on Cole - I'm not one for blaming refs but even Kiwis think Gardner is rubbish, mind you he is Australian

Finno (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 11:29
Quote:
HMRH

What's being born in England got to do with anything when discussing The Lions?

Shawshank (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 11:40
Quote:
bisach
One quick question.
Are there no other nationalities other than Welsh so do the half time interview?

Or are there so many of them they have to be given something to do?

Ok, two questions.

Chuckles has decreed that every Capt, Vice-Capt and Interviewee has to be Welsh.

I'm sure the Judge on the Tour is also from the Principality.

And we're rapidly becoming the laughing stock of NZ.

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 11:54
Such a big difference in the interpretation of the rules between the 2 hemispheres. The tests really could come down to where the ref is from, esp at scrum time.

I thought Warbs was ok defensively but O'Brien is still the best 7 on tour. CJ was average today after a good 1st start. Haskell below ave.

Too many dumb penalties yet again. We clear our lines in the last few mins after a great turn over & just give them a penalty to get back onto our 5m line. How many pens were there? 10? 12?15?

Webb put his hand up for a starting place. Biggar was better than previous showing but maybe a bit too predictable. Too many flat passes to marked players.

HMRH (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 12:03
Quote:
Finno
Quote:
HMRH

What's being born in England got to do with anything when discussing The Lions?

I was responding to the question about how many players in Highlanders team were.NZ born - so my question was really why?

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 14:33
I think that was a team of "possibles" that Gatland wanted to prove themselves.

Apart from Webb. Anyone else catch your eye today?

GHA (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 16:07
New Zealand's strength in depth is so good that a Lions possibles side don't appear to be as good as NZ super rugby sides... A first choice Lions side could beat all of them on tour with enough recovery, but not the second string IMO

Shawshank (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 09:36
Ha, Rhys Webb interviewed at half-time...(Sm100)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net