rugbyunion
Latest News:

darren dawidiuk
Earlyirishfan96 (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 21:28
Seems like we have taken on Darren Dawidiuk. Trialiast or signed I don't know. He can been seen walking around in the back of one of the videos on the twitter page. Very strong hooker who I would image would add quality to the hooker position, once you take away paciey and fainaga I think the quality drops dramatically. He was knocking on the England door a good few years. Wonder if a change of scenery may reignite his career. Proven premiership quality coming in to his prime for a front row so would like to see how this one pans out. Also started following us on twitter which all but confirms the move, minus the cameo in the recent video.

Video in question can be found here: [mobile.twitter.com]

Re: darren dawidiuk
Alphacat (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 21:46
You sleuth! Good find - but still not a lock...

olw131 (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 21:50
Great spot!

Can only be good news in terms of competition. Premiership proven and not too old - me likey.

That's Paicey, Fainga'a, Dawidiuk, Porecki and Gleave. To be fair to him Porecki was decent whenever he played last season and should look to put some pressure on the jersey; Gleave still a bit of an unknown.

Earlyirishfan96 (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 21:51
If you watch the video, for a split second the camera pans out and you can see a extremely tall heavily tattooed ginger fellow who I can only presume is a second row. Seems quite young so may be academy player or someone we picked up who has been released will be interesting to see who he is. Also another player seen in the video is a player called dan Barnes. He is captain of the Berkshire county team and plays for redingensians very good player, hugely underrated. Very very powerful. I presume we have signed a few released players as trialiat as the intensity of the premiership requires a large squad.

LING (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 10:11
Quote:
Earlyirishfan96
If you watch the video, for a split second the camera pans out and you can see a extremely tall heavily tattooed ginger fellow who I can only presume is a second row.

I think you may find that you are describing one of the strength and conditioning guys. I remember being shown around the Hazelwood gym by someone matching that description at the Members day two seasons ago.

Ecksile (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 13:01
Would seem that the gentleman in question has confirmed with his tweet on Twitter

kiwi02 (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 14:18
Do we really need 5 Hookers in the senior squad?

SirBurger (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 14:25
Quote:
kiwi02
Do we really need 5 Hookers in the senior squad?

Gleave and Porecki are pretty untested at the top level so I can see the logic in it.

HMRH (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 16:12
Seems a late decision so assume our new SH arrival won't hit the ground running until nearer November so DP needs back up and as neither TG nor DP have that much experience have we moved to fill that gap?

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 16:38
Dawidiuk would be a solid squad signing with plenty of prem experience.

Fainga'a will certainly be rusty having barely played in super rugby this season with a family bereavement and persistent foot injury. Dawidiuk could even be injury cover for that.

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 17:32
Good to see that the replies from the Glaws support to the tweet are of the should still be in cherry and white variety

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/07/2017 17:32 by Jon_r43.

exile99 (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 11:08
It's official: [www.london-irish.com]

Saz's old man (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 20:42
Quote:
Earlyirishfan96
If you watch the video, for a split second the camera pans out and you can see a extremely tall heavily tattooed ginger fellow who I can only presume is a second row. Seems quite young so may be academy player or someone we picked up who has been released will be interesting to see who he is. Also another player seen in the video is a player called dan Barnes. He is captain of the Berkshire county team and plays for redingensians very good player, hugely underrated. Very very powerful. I presume we have signed a few released players as trialiat as the intensity of the premiership requires a large squad.
Barnes was released by Redingensians last season for being a naughty boy, and he wasn't captain of Berks last season either....he might get a game for Wild Geese but no higher...

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 21:27
Lots of very positive comments about Dawidiuk on twitter with lots of Gloucester fans gutted he's not with them. Think he will be a great addition and will push for a starting berth

Florida (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 22:03
The opinion of flats

[twitter.com]

Ecksile (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 17:16
Sounds like a nice piece of man management at Glos.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 17:49
Quote:
Ecksile
Sounds like a nice piece of man management at Glos.

Doesn't sound like there's a massive amount of communication going on down at Gloucester.

That said, it's one side if the story and it's a little odd that neither he, nor is agent seem to have asked the question prior to that. I know I'd be asking if I had a contract about to expire, so I could try and make other arrangements.

Doesn't matter now though and hopefully he can put in a good shift for us this season.

MattM (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 21:44
I took it that he expected to go but bobody had actually confirmed it... Can't help feeling if it had been completely out of the blue he wouldn't have such a laid back reaction.

Sponsoring Ollie Hassell-Collins for the 2017/18 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

HMRH (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 05:33
Either way it's still not the best from Glos

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net