rugbyunion
Latest News:

The European Rugby Challenge Cup
Egg Head (IP Logged)
27 July, 2017 10:22
Anyone know when the European fixture dates will be published?

Re: The European Rugby Challenge Cup
Griff (IP Logged)
27 July, 2017 10:43
Finalized dates? Probably not for a month or so and even then it'll probably only be the October fixtures. We should know the order of the opponents by mid-August as well (so you can at least start to plan away trips). Note: ECC match windows run Thur-Sun so if you're booking anything early you'll need to take that into account.

Exilesqueen (IP Logged)
27 July, 2017 12:09
I contacted them yesterday and was told early August for the first 4 rounds with confirmed dates and kick off times, as usual the last 2 rounds will only be announced after rounds 3 and 4 are complete.
Only going to go to the Paris away game so hope that is not the first round as have to go to a wedding on 14th

exile99 (IP Logged)
27 July, 2017 12:20
The little bit of research I've done shows a return trip to Krasnoyarsk is going to cost a little over £500 return, involves changing planes at Moscow and will take around 12 hours. Add another £200 for a hotel. Plus a sensible sum for quality thermal undies.

I think I'll give it a miss, unless the club are going to charter a plane to get the squad there (possibly a cost effective option) and offer the spare seats to supporters.

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
27 July, 2017 13:07
Plus visa costs: Somewhere around £120

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/07/2017 13:11 by DrV'sHairyCraic.

Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
27 July, 2017 13:28
Making New York look cheap(Sm2)

Monoblock (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 22:35
Can't imagine the club want the squad doing lots of changes, wonder if there will be a chance of a charter and spare seats purchasable - maybe I'm in dreamland

waltham (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 20:34
Quote:
Monoblock
Can't imagine the club want the squad doing lots of changes, wonder if there will be a chance of a charter and spare seats purchasable - maybe I'm in dreamland

Might work....When CityJet were sponsors they used to offer a few seats on the team flight.

SteveS (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 18:20
Any one pledging to go to Siberia come hell or high water? Surely it has the makings of legendary overseas escapades. The main tourist attraction apprarenty is an electric power dam

Challow (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 22:39
Who is going to volunteer to do the match report?

HMRH (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 06:06
Even if possible wouldn't go to Russia under Putin - invaded the Ukraine and helped to shoot down an airliner. Not for me thanks

stmky (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 08:08
Quote:
HMRH
Even if possible wouldn't go to Russia under Putin - invaded the Ukraine and helped to shoot down an airliner. Not for me thanks

This is a typical Western propaganda. The plane was shot down by the Kiev Natzis. On that day, Putin flew from Warsaw to Russia on his white IL-96. They're the idiots who mixed it up with the white Boeing. And Crimea voluntarily joined Russia after a peaceful referendum. It's logical, there's an absolute majority are Russian people. Crimea can be compared with Northern Ireland, only diff in the Crimea Russians 90%, in Nothern Ireland 50\50 Irish\Britans.

HMRH (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 10:10
Idiot

SteveS (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 10:52
Did we debate US foreign policy when we pitched up at the Red Bull stadium? Let's move on lads

HMRH (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 11:46
Did we discuss apartheid when rugby was played against South Africa?

It's a personal opinion but the Pro PutinRussian garbage spouted makes me sick

Griff (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 11:55
We don't do politics here, move on chaps.

03 August, 2017 13:27
...unless you want to end up in a Siberian Gulag.

stmky (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 13:39
We also have many questions about Anglo-Saxon politics. Therefore, it is better to play in rugby, but not in "tank biathlon".
Today Krasny Yar defeated Slava Moscow 76-0. The fans are already waiting for the Challenge Cup in Krasnoyarsk, because there is almost no competition in the Russian championship. Enisei and Krasny Yar, Kuban and VVA only can compete.

Shropshire Hugh (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 14:00
Quote:
Griff
We don't do politics here, move on chaps.

I agree...so who's remaining and who's leaving?

Live in West Wales, work in England, supporting Scotland and London Irish

SteveS (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 17:02
Quote:
stmky
We also have many questions about Anglo-Saxon politics. Therefore, it is better to play in rugby, but not in "tank biathlon".
Today Krasny Yar defeated Slava Moscow 76-0. The fans are already waiting for the Challenge Cup in Krasnoyarsk, because there is almost no competition in the Russian championship. Enisei and Krasny Yar, Kuban and VVA only can compete.

Welcome aboard. Do you think many of your fellows will come to the UK for the game?

Strom (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 18:22
Quote:
SteveS
Quote:
stmky
..... Enisei and Krasny Yar, Kuban and VVA only can compete.

Welcome aboard. Do you think many of your fellows will come to the UK for the game?

Are there any rugby supporters among the London Russian community?

stmky (IP Logged)
04 August, 2017 05:32
Quote:
Strom
Quote:
SteveS
Quote:
stmky

Steve, it's very expensive to fly from Siberia to London. And after the fall of the ruble in 2 times in 2014, it became even 2 times more expensive. By the way, for foreigners it's the other way around, it's 2 times cheaper to fly to Russia.

I see the only option if the club invites a few fans to join the plane.
As for the Russian community in London, it is mostly oligarchs and former officials who stole a lot of money in Russia and fled justice to London. They are mostly from Moscow. I doubt that one of them will be rooting for the rugby team from Siberia. For them, more like support Chelsea Abramovich.

HMRH (IP Logged)
04 August, 2017 07:17
no comment

Strom (IP Logged)
04 August, 2017 09:46
Quote:
HMRH
no comment

Best not to - especially if Pat-the-Paddy™ has spawned another sockie. winking smiley

SteveS (IP Logged)
04 August, 2017 17:31
Quote:
stmky
Quote:
Strom
Quote:
SteveS
Quote:
stmky

Steve, it's very expensive to fly from Siberia to London. And after the fall of the ruble in 2 times in 2014, it became even 2 times more expensive. By the way, for foreigners it's the other way around, it's 2 times cheaper to fly to Russia.

I see the only option if the club invites a few fans to join the plane.
As for the Russian community in London, it is mostly oligarchs and former officials who stole a lot of money in Russia and fled justice to London. They are mostly from Moscow. I doubt that one of them will be rooting for the rugby team from Siberia. For them, more like support Chelsea Abramovich.

(Sm6) Well I hope a few of your genuine fans make the trip. Hope we don't see any Chelski here either smiling smiley

Exilesqueen (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 12:23
Rounds 1 - 4 fixtures out Tuesday at 14.00

Egg Head (IP Logged)
21 August, 2017 17:25
Thank you, Exilesqueen. That would be the answer! Other geographical, political and economic tangents have been interesting and entertaining in equal measure.

HMRH (IP Logged)
21 August, 2017 20:02
There were no political comments it was just Western propaganda

John H (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 10:36
fixture details available at 3 pm today

code]
[www.epcrugby.com]
[/code]

Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 14:08
Round 1
London Irish v Edinburgh Rugby
Saturday 14th October 2017, KO 15:00
Madejski Stadium, Reading

Round 2
Stade Francais Paris v London Irish
Saturday 21st October 2017, KO 20:45
Stade Jean-Bouin

Round 3
Edinburgh Rugby v London Irish
Saturday 9th December 2017, KO 19:35
Myreside, Edinburgh

Round 4
London Irish v Stade Francais Paris
Saturday 16th December 2017, KO 15:15

Round 5
London Irish v Krasny Yar
11/12/13/14 Jan

Round 6
Krasny Yar v London Irish
18/19/20/21 Jan
TBA

MickeyMouse (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 14:15
That's odd isn't it? I liked the old mechanism of play 3 different teams for the first 3 games and reverse the fixtures.

We have Kasny Yar as a double header in January. Let's pretend this is a pool of 4 evenly matched teams, but the team we play in January finds themselves out of the reckoning. They will field a weakened team, but we benefit twice because of it, rather than just one match and another team facing them after...

Seems a bit silly to play the 2 strongest in the pool first, then the weakest at the end...

fatlad76 (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 14:17
If you look at it as a whole Kasny have two home games first and three away games when it is brass monkeys so makes sense

Griff (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 14:19
I'm going to guess the Krasny Yar fixture will be in Sochi. I can't imagine they play a lot of rugby in Siberia in mid January...

22 August, 2017 14:28
Quote:
Griff
I'm going to guess the Krasny Yar fixture will be in Sochi. I can't imagine they play a lot of rugby in Siberia in mid January...

They're playing round 2 (Edi) at the Fili Stadium which is in Moscow - Which is also pretty cold in Jan. Small place & I doubt it there's any undersoil heating.

Lincs-Exile (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 14:32
Lasha is the bloke to speak to about playing/watching in January in Russia

Griff (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 14:32
I've got these added to the MB header and fixture list now. I've added a (Russian based google-maps alike) map to the links for Krasny Yar on the header which I found interesting. If only to go "well, that's a long way away!".

For anyone who can't get the header:

Map
Translated website
And in Russian in case you can

waltham (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 14:42
(Sm25) that really is a very, very, very long way away....

nod (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 14:52
Confusion on the offy.

Fixtures is saying LI v Krasny on Sat 13/1 @ 15:00

And Krasny v LI Sun 21/1 @ TBC but at Slava Stadium (Moscow)

The “News” says 18/19/20/21 TBC.

EPRC says TBC for both.

22 August, 2017 14:53
They're not going to be on the TV so the clubs can do whatever they want.

stmky (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 15:00
Quote:
Griff

In January in Russia play only South. Not necessarily Sochi, other options are possible. For example, Makhachkala, Grozny or Vladikavkaz. Enisei or Krasny Yar will most likely play in Sochi, and another team in another city. Your wishes? Do you want to go to Chechnya or North Ossetia?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/08/2017 15:02 by stmky.

RedSaint (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 15:31
I'd be amazed if your game in Russia is anywhere other than Sochi.

HMRH (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 15:46
Sure Ossetia and Chechnya would be great places to visit

stmky (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 16:10
Quote:
HMRH
Sure Ossetia and Chechnya would be great places to visit

Until the home stadium of the Krasny Yar is determined in January. In Chechnya, a cool new stadium for 30,000 seats with a wide field. In Ossetia, the stadium is old, but their countryman Azamat Bitiev plays in the Krasny Yar, it's good for local fans. You can influence the decision of the club. Can you write a collective letter from the fans of Irish to Krasny Yar? I will publish it on Yar website in the original and with the translation.

Griff (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 16:19
I'm not sure any of us has a preference - I've certainly no idea. I guess the "best" for us would be the one nearest an international airport, preferably one with a low cost carrier that flies direct from London. Having a reasonable amount of inexpensive hotels would be a plus too.

When the pools were announced we looked at flying to Siberia and it was prohibitively expensive (~£1000). If it's that expensive I doubt many will be going wherever the match is played.

HMRH (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 16:25
Western propaganda about both locations mean I was not being serious

stmky (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 16:30
Ahmat Arena (Grozny, Chechnya). See which field. It's like it's made for rugby, not football.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfeWyfA8wAE
Spartak Stadium (Vladikavkaz, North Ossetia). Old stadium, but we have Ossetian prop in KY.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFKNhnzT0MY
Dinamo Stadium (Makhachkala, Dagestan). Two years ago on this play Russian Supercup. There were rugby officials from Moscow and England (Douglas Langley).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTGrblQPuOc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNKSMj4J5IU

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/08/2017 16:35 by stmky.

stmky (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 16:40
Quote:
Griff
I'm not sure any of us has a preference - I've certainly no idea. I guess the "best" for us would be the one nearest an international airport, preferably one with a low cost carrier that flies direct from London. Having a reasonable amount of inexpensive hotels would be a plus too.

In any case, you need a transfer in Moscow. And from Moscow you can fly to any city in Russia.

SimonW (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 16:47
North Ossetia - isn't that part of Georgia - well 99.9 of world government's think so. Bit of a tricky place to enter well according to a BBc reporter I was listening to on the radio (From our own correspondent) of course it could be fake as it was the beeb!!!

Feck - South Ossetia is the disputed territory, sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/08/2017 18:45 by SimonW.

stmky (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 16:49
If you do not want to write a collective letter, then you can write your suggestions about Yar\Irish game here.

http://www.yar-rugby.ru/guestbook/

waltham (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 20:08
Quote:
stmky
Quote:
Griff

In January in Russia play only South. Not necessarily Sochi, other options are possible. For example, Makhachkala, Grozny or Vladikavkaz. Enisei or Krasny Yar will most likely play in Sochi, and another team in another city. Your wishes? Do you want to go to Chechnya or North Ossetia?

Hi stmky and thanks so much for all of your postings. I do think it's unlikely that we'll go BUT Mrs W has now started thinking that "maybe" we could make it a trip of a lifetime by combining the match with visits to other Russian/Eastern European cities..

Mrs W even reckons that a Russian trip would be better than Paris! (she doesn't want to goto Paris again this season).

You never know!!
(Sm128)

stmky (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 10:35
Siberian derby today

exile99 (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 11:34
Quote:
waltham
Quote:
stmky
Quote:
Griff

Hi stmky and thanks so much for all of your postings. I do think it's unlikely that we'll go BUT Mrs W has now started thinking that "maybe" we could make it a trip of a lifetime by combining the match with visits to other Russian/Eastern European cities..

Mrs W even reckons that a Russian trip would be better than Paris! (she doesn't want to goto Paris again this season).

You never know!!
(Sm128)

Are you thinking of running a charabanc to Siberia from WSL? (Sm159)

GHA (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 11:52
Paris travel and accommodation sorted, gonna pass on Russia this year I think

thenugget45 (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 12:06
taking the easy option GHA?

GHA (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 12:11
Having lived for seven years in Paris it's like a second home to me, never gonna turn that one down

Lazyboy346 (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 12:40
Waltham's idea is worrh a look.

Having had a look at prices, it seems to be about £500 from Heathrow straight to Krasny Yar via Moscow.

But if you fly from somewhere like Prague, Budapest or Istanbul it's only about £350 and the ticket there for a few days ether side still comes in about £500 combined so worth a side trip too

waltham (IP Logged)
25 August, 2017 07:38
Quote:
exile99
Quote:
waltham
Quote:
stmky
Quote:
Griff

You never know!!
(Sm128)

Are you thinking of running a charabanc to Siberia from WSL? (Sm159)

I wonder if Horseman's will quote.....(Sm132)

John H (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 12:59
According to the Official site, the game is to be played at Slava Stadium in Moscow.

stmky (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 08:11
Quote:
John H
According to the Official site, the game is to be played at Slava Stadium in Moscow.
This is false information. You can not play in Moscow in January. In January, 100% of the game will be in the south of Russia (Sochi, Makhachkala, Grozny or another city).

HMRH (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 11:33
Russia false information?

Alphacat (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 15:33
You would hope it's not in Moscow! -9°c on average in January apparently... (Sm24)

waltham (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 21:21
so when exactly will we know????????????

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 06:40
Won't be officially confirmed until after round 4 if previous years are anything to go by. Have to hope it's a special case and some info is given earlier

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 08:59
Screw Siberia. Who is going to Paris and Edinburgh?

Come on you Irish

Paul

waltham (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 18:29
Hi Paul. We are booked for Edinburgh ...:-)

Griff (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 08:41
Yeah, we're up in Edinburgh too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net