rugbyunion
Latest News:

New Home Shirt
Finno (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 09:55
The new home shirt is now up on the website :

[www.londonirishshop.com]

Looks good, £55 (but can you believe it, they want an extra fiver to put the Aviva Premiership badge on it !)

Sizes look quite generous, might even squeeze into a medium ! (long time since I said that !)

No ladies shirt on the site yet.

Re: New Home Shirt
Blarney (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 10:00
Not sure about the TML logo but that's the first in a while that looks like an actual rugby shirt rather than a football kit! Like the darker green too. Now just hoping for contrasting shorts...

Griff (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 10:12
I'm afraid the white hatching pattern continues into the shorts (reminiscent of the Glaws kit of a few years ago).

Griff (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 10:25
Pic of the shy James Marshall at the members' day.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/97/97_0_1502097788.png

The EggChasers boys will not be happy about the trainers...

MattM (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 11:00
Have ordered mine, sprung for one of the polo shirts too as they looked really smart!

Sponsoring Matt Kouris again for the 2017/18 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 11:53
Just been for a run in the new Training shirt/vest, really comfortable and the material held water away from the body really nicely

Paul_D (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 11:58
Really nice to see proper embroidered logos and a collar again. Best kit we've had in years.
The quality of the training range is really good too. I bought a polo shirt on Saturday and I'm really pleased with it. It'exceeds anything produced by O'Neills and ISC.

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 12:12
A few new sponsors!

07 August, 2017 15:11
Is it in the megastore yet? Am going to watch Reading tomorrow so I might pop in and get my LI shirt.

Shropshire Hugh (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 16:02
What immediately strikes me is without the use of Google I wouldn't have the faintest idea who any of our sponsors are!!

Live in West Wales, work in England, supporting Scotland and London Irish

Jolly Green Giant (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 16:21
Looks like a great shirt.. TML really need to invest in a new logo .. Unfortunate that it is in such a prominent position but thanks for the readies ..
Are they not meant to display the Aviva Premiership logo as well ???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2017 16:29 by Jolly Green Giant.

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 17:28
Quote:
Jolly Green Giant
Looks like a great shirt.. TML really need to invest in a new logo .. Unfortunate that it is in such a prominent position but thanks for the readies ..
Are they not meant to display the Aviva Premiership logo as well ???

You pay extra for the Aviva logo patch.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Bazzo (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 18:04
Is there not an away jersey? Bit weird just showing a home jersey !

Paul_D (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 18:06
Away shirt being announced on 25th August

bisach (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 18:25
Have Aviva extended their sponsorship of the Premiership yet?

Paul_D (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 18:40
Quote:
bisach
Have Aviva extended their sponsorship of the Premiership yet?

Yup, renewed for another 12 months

[www.aviva.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2017 18:48 by Paul_D.

HeavyCream (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 22:14
So at first glance I was made up with this kit! Love the colour, love the collar, would prefer full hoops but I even like the sponsor logos........ then I saw it on Marshall!!! Please tell me that is not the standard match kit fit??! Baggy sleeves! With creases!!! ill fitted shorts AND a relaxed fit waist! That's ready for a trip down the pub not a modern day game of ruggers!

olw131 (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 22:26
Quote:
HeavyCream
So at first glance I was made up with this kit! Love the colour, love the collar, would prefer full hoops but I even like the sponsor logos........ then I saw it on Marshall!!! Please tell me that is not the standard match kit fit??! Baggy sleeves! With creases!!! ill fitted shorts AND a relaxed fit waist! That's ready for a trip down the pub not a modern day game of ruggers!

Online store states that this is the "supporter's version" and that the players' version will be without collars and almost certainly a hell of a lot tighter. thumbs down

Griff (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 23:38
The club were very keen to impress upon us that it's been a huge rush to get the kit for the members' day. James got the only kit because he could get in it. I fully expect the real kit to be modern close fit.

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 07:57
Does anyone know whether there will be shirts on sale at the friendly games at Hazelwood?

Come on you Irish

Paul

HeavyCream (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 08:25
Quote:
olw131
Quote:
HeavyCream

Online store states that this is the "supporter's version" and that the players' version will be without collars and almost certainly a hell of a lot tighter. thumbs down

Phew! Thanks.

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 08:56
Paul

I may be wrong but given that James was wearing the only kit last Saturday I would be surprised if they have had a massive delivery to supply all the team, the on line orders and have enough to satisfy demand on Saturday, no source for this but guesswork!!

RodB (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 09:10
If I read it correctly, James was wearing the supporters shirt... the pro shirt doesn't have the collar......

Mark62 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 09:43
Assume the away shirt will be the reverse of the home shirt. I do prefer the dark green to the emerald green

tatthecraic2 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 14:54
Sorry that is the ugliest shirt that London irish have ever belted out.

It's not our right colours, the logos and sponsors make it look amateurish.

It looks like Ealing's kit or something.

Absolutely horrible

exile99 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 15:29
Quote:
tatthecraic2
Sorry that is the ugliest shirt that London irish have ever belted out.
It's not our right colours, the logos and sponsors make it look amateurish.

It looks like Ealing's kit or something.

Absolutely horrible

Thank goodness for that. I knew all the positivity about the new kit couldn't last.

Normal service has been resumed.

Jonny_C (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 17:37
Mr Marshall looks slightly awkward and stiff like Scott from Thunderbirds. Can you see the strings?

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 23:20
Quote:
Jonny_C
Mr Marshall looks slightly awkward and stiff like Scott from Thunderbirds. Can you see the strings?

He looks more like virgil Tracey to me.

09 August, 2017 08:55
I rather like it. And I did visit the megastore last night - none of the new range is available there yet.

Florida (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 10:48
With sizes starting at 42" I won't be buying this one. Other than the overly large sizes I quite like it.

bisach (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 14:43
Because of the vaguaries (sp) of the sizes in the past, and because you can now order them with names and numbers, and because if you personalise them they can't be returned ...

I've suggested that they have examples of the shirts available at the pre-season games to try before ordering.

Despriarno (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 19:06
Quote:
bisach
Because of the vaguaries (sp) of the sizes in the past, and because you can now order them with names and numbers, and because if you personalise them they can't be returned ...
I've suggested that they have examples of the shirts available at the pre-season games to try before ordering.

Perfect
I want to order a personalised one but the risk on sizes are too great.
Pity i cant make the pre - season matches as away for work

Would be great to have a comparison to the ISC kit sizes from real people

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 16:14
I see from facebook that some people have ordered and had delivery so they are available!

HeavyCream (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 17:06
Looking at the action shots from today I am a happily converted fan of the new kit. Think it looks awesome and now the tops are filled, those dubious white ladders actually look decent. Good stuff!

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 18:25
I like the new shirt especially the collar and material used. Who are Thames Materials Ltd?

Come on you Irish

Paul

exile99 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 19:07

Blarney (IP Logged)
16 August, 2017 14:10
New shirt has just arrived. Comfortable fit, quality, well-made feel to it, proper embroidered logos and the shade of green is really nice. All in all, a very nice shirt! Not quite worth £55 pounds, but then all sports kit is overpriced these days.

Finno (IP Logged)
16 August, 2017 14:24
Has anyone got a shirt with the Aviva Premiership badge on it? If so, is the badge sublimated or just stuck on??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

London Irish Poll

What do you think of this poll?

See results > Submit >>