rugbyunion
Latest News:

Sunburry regatta
Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 18:29
Driving up from Southampton on Saturday and was wondering if the traffic around Sunbury will be affected by the regatta. Thank you

Re: Sunburry regatta
Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 19:30
Only if you're planning to drive on the Thames. smiling smiley

The Sligo Rover (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 19:37
Don't forget to dip your headlights.

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 20:36
Parking won't be easy and the locals will no doubt be saying planning only gave permission for a training ground so why are we playing matches

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 20:48
Parking at Hazelwood was sold out when I got my ticket so where would the best place to park be?

exile99 (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 21:35
Oh dear. I thought parking at Hazelwood was on a "first come - first server" basis (at a fiver per car). I'd completely missed that we had to pre-book.

There is limited parking at the park nearby - 1.50 I think. Other than that we're a bit stuffed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2017 21:45 by exile99.

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 06:25
With the other events in the area, the parking issues, and because I gather the trains are also subject to quite a few problems we've, with regret, decided not to come. Can't make the other pre-season ones either (Sm136)

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 07:29
On the roads around and about but residents won't be happy, alternatively if you come off the M3 at the rounderbout and take the second exit (vicarage road) there is more parking in the side roads up there.

You can then get the 235 down to Hazlewood Drive but remember you will need a contactless card or oyster, London busses no longer take cash.....

235 also runs from Feltham station to Hazlewood.if you want to leave the car at home.

exile99 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 07:45
I've got a space booked with JustPark. Costing a couple of quid more than Hazelwood, but that's my fault for not reading the email properly and is not going to increase bad feeling between local residents and our club.

Aiden1011 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 09:16
If you email communications@london-irish.com they will send you a map of all car parks

Shropshire Hugh (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 08:10
Buses no longer take cash?? Good grief, they did when I last used one in 1984. I blame Brexit.

Live in West Wales, work in England, supporting Scotland and London Irish

Mister Ed (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 21:02
Quote:
Aiden1011
If you email communications@london-irish.com they will send you a map of all car parks

Can communications just post the link please.

bisach (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 23:49
Apart from using google maps (showing carparks) here

There's a link on the official site's news about ticketing/travel where it says Click here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2017 23:52 by bisach.

nimblehippo (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 12:31
was gonna come with a friend, but he got scared off by the lack of parking and general chaos that will ensue with the sizable crowd it seems will be attending. It was bad enough against Nottingham last year, but playing Quins, he reckons the place will be gridlocked.

Paul_D (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 13:14
Not at all. Drove straight in with no delays at all. Car park being well marshalled at the entrance to make sure only people who've pre booked can get in. All very civilised! Nothing to even suggest there's a regatta going on.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 17:45
Found parking very easy too, really good day out

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net