rugbyunion
Latest News:

Tagi retiring
Lincs-Exile (IP Logged)
21 August, 2017 11:08
Trawling through the dross on here and noticed an article from the Coventry Telegraph saying that Tagi has finally hung up his boots great player in his day.

Coyi

Re: Tagi retiring
DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
21 August, 2017 11:32
We were lucky that we had him at his peak. Truly world class when he was with us.

brentfordboy (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 13:58
There were times before his injury that you just started to celebrate the try as soon as he got the ball. He seemed to be able to beat anyone. At that time I think he was the best winger in the league.

Truly great player I hope you enjoy your retirement. A genuine thanks for the memories.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 14:07
Totally agree with that - he was simply unstoppable. I don't think there has been a Premiership winger as good as he was during that period before or since.

orsoncart (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 14:27
Absolutely brilliant

My fondest memory was him scoring a try at the Liberty Stadium, with James Hook being dragged for 10-20 metres hanging on to his shirt but unable to stop him. The crowd around me couldn't believe it

Cill Dara (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 14:35
Do you mean this?

Prisco stripe Hibernico

SirBurger (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 14:37
There was one he scored against Ospreys at the Madstad where he burned Shane Williams with tease. There was also a double against Gloucester in 2009 (I think) that lives long in the memory.

Seamus O'Rielly (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 15:28
There are some good tribute videos on you tube too, couldn't stop watching them.

I'd forgotten how brilliant he was, deceptive easy pace, strength, great step and brutal hand offs.

Griff (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 15:31
One Sailosi Tagicakibau!
There's only one Sailosi Tagicakibau,
One Sailosi Tagicakibau!
There's only one Sailosi Tagicakibau!

Just for old times' sake. The man was a legend and it was my pleasure to make a complete **** of myself every time he was awesome.

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 15:36
Give an S ....

mulledwinemarie (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 19:43
Made re-newing my S.T SO EASY - perfect in EVERY WAY
thanks Tagi for so many fantastic memories - you and Delon were the TORVILL AND DEAN OF RUGBY

MARIE X

MWM

GLORY GLORY LONDON IRISH - and loving it......

well I used to ...............

turniphead (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 21:11
Just watching this video makes me so nostalgic for that team of the mid-to-late 2000s.

Losi, Delon, Hewatt, Dodge in his pomp, Shane (pre-Saints), Catty, Maps. Ah those were the day.

Games like Perpingnan at the MadStad. Those brutal games against Gloucester which were more like a boxing match than a game of rugby at times and the noise in the South Stand at the Stoop when Catt went over to make things 0-17.

What a run of seasons those were!

Back in the Prem now and an opportunity to make all that a reality again. I don't think I've been more excited about an on-coming seaon for a long time!

Losi - thnk you for those memories! You will always be a London Irish legend. Both on and off the pitch, a true gent.

https://public.sn2.livefilestore.com/y1pbF7MepzeHRsTMq2BN6eLFopHfqOKjzqsLaGXCmPzr_xRAd47IL-adt8h_g7atZgWlAop9nh6QPeg7MRK8evkgg/Craic%20Signature.jpg?psid=1

SirBurger (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 23:30
The try against Glos at around 4.45 is freakish.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net