rugbyunion
Latest News:

A-league
Florida (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 14:23
Joe returns, fly-half is To Be Confirmed...

[www.london-irish.com]

Our strongest side to date?

Re: A-league
GHA (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 14:28
Our A league side

Away

At Exeter

What could possibly go wrong?

Florida (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 14:31
Exeter could be on the recieving end of a right pasting. I hear we're pretty solid in this competition 😂

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 14:48
Good news on the returnees.

GHA (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 15:09
The Braves side has been announced.

Unlike us they've named a couple of internationals, a few experienced names, talented academy players, and quite a few using the contest as an opportunity to get much needed game minutes under their belts, whereas our lot consists of a couple of internationals, a few experienced names, talented academy players, and quite a few using the contest as an opportunity to get much needed game minutes under their belts.

15 Max Bodilly
14 Harry Strong
13 Tom Hendrickson
12 Harvey Skinner
11 Tom O'Flaherty
10 Joe Simmonds
9 Jack Maunder
1 Moray Low
2 Shaun Malton
3 Greg Holmes
4 Ollie Atkins
5 Wilhelm van der Sluys
6 Ed Holmes
7 James Freeman
8 Kai Horstmann

16 Dan Frost
17 Alec Hepburn
18 Jack Owlett
19 Sean Lonsdale
20 James McRae
21 Will Chudley
22 Joe Elderkin
23 AJ Cant

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 15:53
Could the fact that both McLean and hearn are starting mean that Williams is fit for Saturday or at the very least that tonks will be starting at 12.
Great to see TBC and big Joe

Shawshank (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 18:40
Nice one GHA...(Sm1)

Florida (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 19:26
4 mins on the clock, 7-0. Goes without saying as to who.

02 October, 2017 19:28
Need to make Ex feel that they have a chance...

Florida (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 19:30
9 minutes on the clock, braves knock on inches from the line, by the line I refer to our line of the try variety

Florida (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 19:39
TRY TIME!

The lead extends to 12.

19 minutes on the clock.

Come on you Irish! Stronger Together. We're all in this together. Safety in Numbers.

Florida (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 19:44
19-0

There's still time to come back or some such

02 October, 2017 19:45
Don't worry lads. We've got this

Florida (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 19:52
If you need a try, lob it to Lewi!

Florida (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 20:04
Alright, we're off and Exeter are in trouble ... 19-5

Have Exeter got a big enough lead going in to the break? Will they regret the knock on over our try line? Tune in, some minutes from now to find out.

Florida (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 20:26
Sweet monkey Tuesdays! Stop your grinning and drop your linen, we're right back in this!

19-12

Florida (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 20:29
Or... Maybe not, 26-12

Florida (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 20:35
Don't fret! Exeter claw back another try 33-12

02 October, 2017 20:43
I love that whoever is manning the LI twitter feed is obviously not at the game. They just paraphrase the Exeter Twitter feed a few minutes behind.

About as far behind the game as we obviously are here.

Florida (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 20:45
I prefer my delayed paraphrasing, although I may be slightly biased

Steelman (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 21:02
Make em walk back,they wouldn't loose again.

Florida (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 21:10
Quote:
Steelman
Make em walk back,they wouldn't loose again.

Because they probably wouldn't find their way back?

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 21:12
I feel for the likes of Ransom who have just been dropped essentially. He's part of a team getting hammered every week when he was an integral part of last years side. Hard to motivate players when they lose heavily week after week. It's great for players getting match fitness, for the others, i don't see much of a silver lining.

Florida (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 21:23
Quote:
jimbo800
I feel for the likes of Ransom who have just been dropped essentially. He's part of a team getting hammered every week when he was an integral part of last years side. Hard to motivate players when they lose heavily week after week. It's great for players getting match fitness, for the others, i don't see much of a silver lining.

It's fine, Ransom is just being prepared to make the step up to getting hammered in the premiership week after week.

Florida (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 21:31
Before the game the offy treated us with this quote

Academy manager Patrick O’Grady said: “We’ve made huge improvements game after game and we’re looking forward to taking on a strong Exeter side."

If anyone knows what these huge improvements are can you let us know? All I'm seeing is successive losses and embarrassing scorelines.

GHA (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 21:50
Was there anyone at the game who could tell us how the ref was and if there was anything he did that could explain the latest stuffing?

Sam_R43 (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 21:58
Glady. If you watched the first couple of games, especially the first one at home to Gloucester, there was a huge lack of cohesion and structure. The defence was very unorganised and we struggled to break the gainline going forward.

Tonight and last week in Bristol especially, were much better team performances. Far more organised, the defensive line was set up much better and was a far more dynamic attack. Last week individual handling errors cost us big. They were in both these games for large parts of it, unlike the first couple games where they were never in it. From where they started its a marked improvement, it's a far better side than started the season, I think that's what Patrick O'Grady is referring to.

Was a difficult scoreline to take tonight but they had a substantially stronger side. We defended for 80% of the game and were down to 13 men for 10 mins, so naturally tired in the last 10 mins and Exeter scored a bucket load in the end. We were completely bullied up front by several internationals in the Exeter pack and didn't see the ball enough to show too much. Great to see TBC & Joe coming back from injury. Ben Loader had a very good game when he came on, as did our frequently borrowed hooker/back row Tom Woolstencroft & Lasha had his best game in an Irish shirt so far.

The squad will get a break now with no more A-League till November and several of them have done enough to be hoping to play in the Challenge Cup & LV. Special credit should go to Irish (& Exeter) for actually fielding a side, as we were the ONLY A-League game that went ahead today. Every other game was called off (Wasps v Saints at the last minute because they couldn't find an ambulance &#128527winking smiley

Sam_R43 (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 22:03
GHA, I'm glad you asked. The referee was abysmal. Was desperate to ping every possible offence he spotted, whether it affected play or not. Maybe he got a new whistle for his birthday. Either way, he tried his best to make sure a game of rugby didn't break out. But I'm sure the dominant Exeter forwards pack loved it!

waltham (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 22:08
Oh, that's OK then...It's all the fault of the ref....zzzzzzzz

Florida (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 22:11
Cheers Sam. That's great to read, it's nice to get a little information and context about some of these games and quotes.

Sam_R43 (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 22:18
Selective reading Waltham? Exeter were substantially the better side on paper and on grass and fully deserved the win. The squad did not look like winning the game. I explained all of that, but GHA asked how sir was. I didn't say he cost us the game.

GHA (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 22:24
Good grief

Groundhog day

GHA (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 22:26
Are you home yet Sam?

Sam_R43 (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 22:30
A mere 1hr40 to go. Lot longer for the boys coming back on the coach tonight after another loss.

GHA (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 22:34
They should be used to it, didn't someone say it's been six years or something?

Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 22:34
Very worrying that 10, 12, 13, 14 and 15 are all pushing for a first team place yet have been battered again.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 22:35
Not convinced 47-12 shows much improvement.

Apart from the front rows the teams looked pretty even on paper...

GHA (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 22:36
The teams always look even on paper sad smiley

Could someone remind me the penalty for now fielding a side? Seems no-one else bothered this evening, we could've saved on petrol costs

02 October, 2017 22:37
Also worrying that our 6ft 8, 25 stone giant winger wasn't able to run over anyone and score - yet some are calling for him to start on Saturday vs Leicester Tigers.

GHA (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 22:37
Ps drive carefully Sam

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 22:58
Quote:
Ajax Treesdown
Also worrying that our 6ft 8, 25 stone giant winger wasn't able to run over anyone and score - yet some are calling for him to start on Saturday vs Leicester Tigers.

So what is worrying? Is it that people are hoping that a player who is playing his first game since April should play on Saturday or that a player who is playing his first game since April didn't run over anyone.

Bohemiansingles@yahoo.com
631-563-9892

02 October, 2017 23:16
Quote:
LI Bohemian
Quote:
Ajax Treesdown

So what is worrying? Is it that people are hoping that a player who is playing his first game since April should play on Saturday or that a player who is playing his first game since April didn't run over anyone.

[m.youtube.com]

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 00:13
Quote:
Ajax Treesdown
Quote:
LI Bohemian
Quote:
Ajax Treesdown

[m.youtube.com]

I must concede you are right, yet again, in your comparison of a 28 year old, former international rugby league player, who is not coming out of injury but is debuting 10 years ago against Leeds Carnegie, compared with a 19 year old former academy players coming out of injury.
Are you politician by any chance as regards to initial my question.

631-563-9892

GHA (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 06:46
Quote:
LI Bohemian
Quote:
Ajax Treesdown
Quote:
LI Bohemian
Quote:
Ajax Treesdown

[m.youtube.com]

I must concede you are right, yet again, in your comparison of a 28 year old, former international rugby league player, who is not coming out of injury but is debuting 10 years ago against Leeds Carnegie, compared with a 19 year old former academy players coming out of injury.
Are you politician by any chance as regards to initial my question.

I think you missed the point, LIBo

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 07:33
Ajax Treesdown - ever thought of finding another club to "support". I hope if Big Joe plays on Saturday and plays well you will acknowledge that in your next week contribtions.

Brave new world (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 08:29
I thought the ref had a good game. Our scrum was very dominant which meant you were always on the back foot. Irish players that stood out for me were your number 9 good feet and a bit of a hand full. Hooker very good defensively and especially your number 8 Lasha who looks a very good prospect.

03 October, 2017 08:42
Cheers. Doesn't surprise me that the scrum was in difficulty. Would guess it may have as much to do with the locks as the props. Lloyd's a bit of a beanpole and Basham's an 18yo lock/back row. Good experience for him but he's not going to put the kind of power through the scrum many seasoned locks would.

Good to see Lomidze have a decent game. May be required if Trev continues to struggle with niggles

GHA (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 08:47
Don't worry bnw, the refs are always bad when we lose winking smiley

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 10:05
You can't criticise the style of any official's because people may interpret this to mean your criticising their decisions.
I put this down to smugness.

631-563-9892

GHA (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 10:27
Quote:
LI Bohemian
You can't criticise the style of any official's because people may interpret this to mean your criticising their decisions.

How smug of you to say

Jon_r43 (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 12:23
Scrum issues not helped by losing Smallbone to a bang to the head early.

Lasha was OK but I don’t think the current people have to much to worry about just yet!

GHA (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 12:44
Cheers Jon

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 13:20
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
LI Bohemian

How smug of you to say

I think you missed the point GHA

631-563-9892

GHA (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 13:44
(Sm108)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net