Just signed a contract extension. Indeterminate length

Re: Blair Cowan
Finno (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 14:01
Great news!!

GHA (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 14:32
Good news, although is it a bit early in the season to be extending contracts?

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 14:40
Never too early, come January they can all sign elsewhere if the contract is nearly up. Clubs usually find a way to make contact before the Jan rule so the sooner the better. I'd be surprised if we saw Lewi's name on a contract extension any time soon

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 14:57
It's prime contract extension time for those we definitely want to keep. Post January 1st it's usually all about new signings.

As Jimbo says, it's Lewington's that's of most interest this year of those in the final year of their contract (which is getting harder and harder to figure out with the club being coy about contract lengths)

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 15:04
Sale kicked off the four year contract habit. Clubs sick of losing their youngsters. Thankfully Joe has signed, I reiterate the idea of sending him away for six months to learn a bit more. With our ineffective backs coach, I worry he won't reach the heights he has the potential to do. We sent smallbone, tagi and the Canadian away for a while. It would a great experience for him

GHA (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 16:04
So it's the same as in football then, players can talk to other clubs when they've got less than six months left on their deal?

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 16:20
Quote:
GHA
So it's the same as in football then, players can talk to other clubs when they've got less than six months left on their deal?

Only in England. A player in the Premiership can be approached from a non English team at any time.

So Toulon (for example) could approach Lewi now but Wasps (for example again) can't until Jan 1.

Most contracts run from July-June

Bazzo (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 16:31
Great to pin Blair down. I would say probably our most consistent performer. In MOTM polls every game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net