rugbyunion
Latest News:

Challenge Cup Squad
Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 19:11
Players we've registered for the Challenge Cup seem to now be showing on the ERC site

[www.epcrugby.com]

Most of our youngsters involved (albeit they made Brand a year younger than he actually is). Interesting for the heights and weights of some of the players (McNally and Paulo would be a huge second row) and for the absentees.

I'd go with something like this for the Edinburgh game:

Parton
Cokanasiga
Fowlie
TBC
Ransom
Tonks
Meehan

Elrington
Fainga'a (if fit)
Hoskins
McNally
Paulo
Gilsenan
Northcote-Green
Lomidze

Smallbone, Gleave, Chawatama, Lloyd, Curtis-Harris, Brand, McLean, M Williams



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2017 20:06 by Margin_Walker.

 
Re: Challenge Cup Squad
Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 19:30
Apparently faingaa fractured his foot in a freak accident during the warm down from the Newcastle game
I would go with
Elrington
Gleave
Hoskins
Lloyd
Paulo
Northcote green
Gilsenan
Schatz
Meehan
TBC
Ransom
Tonks
Fowlie
Cokanasiga
Parton

Paice
Smallbone
Chawatama
Basham
Curtis-harris
Brand
Matt Williams
McLean

 
Re: Challenge Cup Squad
Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 19:39
That's a shame. Was hoping Fainga'a only had a slight knock. Hopefully it's not the same foot/a recurrence of the injury that kept him out of Super Rugby this year.

 
Re: Challenge Cup Squad
olw131 (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 19:57
Great opportunity to give some guys who haven't played much yet some game time, esp let Lloyd give Kendo a reminder of what he's capable of. (I remember his absolutely superb header against Falcons a few seasons ago.)

Would be nice for Topsy to bag a few tries and keep his good form up, same with Fowlie. Northcote-Green, TBC and Big Joe (and Smallbone off bench) need to get up to speed after injury. And the new boys Schatz, Meehan and McLean could do with this game time to allow them to get themselves a bit more established in the team/in our systems, if they do exist that is.

Elrington
Gleave
Hoskins
Lloyd
Paulo
Gilsenan
Northcote-Green
Schatz

Meehan
Tonks
Ojo
TBC
Fowlie
Cokanasiga
McLean

Paice (Porecki if fit)
Smallbone
Chawatama
Basham
Lomidze
Steele
M Williams
Parton

Bad news about Fainga'a. Bit of a shortage at hooker now, do we have Dawidiuk on the books? Do we know when he will be fit?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2017 20:00 by olw131.

 
Re: Challenge Cup Squad
Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 20:01
Schatz isn't registered.

 
Re: Challenge Cup Squad
Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 20:05
Quote:
Ozzy3213
Schatz isn't registered.

So he isn't!

Lomidze to 8. Gilsenan (who I forgot about) to 6

 
Re: Challenge Cup Squad
ExiledChameleon (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 23:31
Quote:
olw131
Great opportunity to give some guys who haven't played much yet some game time, esp let Lloyd give Kendo a reminder of what he's capable of. (I remember his absolutely superb header against Falcons a few seasons ago.)
Would be nice for Topsy to bag a few tries and keep his good form up, same with Fowlie. Northcote-Green, TBC and Big Joe (and Smallbone off bench) need to get up to speed after injury. And the new boys Schatz, Meehan and McLean could do with this game time to allow them to get themselves a bit more established in the team/in our systems, if they do exist that is.

Elrington
Gleave
Hoskins
Lloyd
Paulo
Gilsenan
Northcote-Green
Schatz

Meehan
Tonks
Ojo
TBC
Fowlie
Cokanasiga
McLean

Paice (Porecki if fit)
Smallbone
Chawatama
Basham
Lomidze
Steele
M Williams
Parton

Bad news about Fainga'a. Bit of a shortage at hooker now, do we have Dawidiuk on the books? Do we know when he will be fit?

Dawiduk is out long term (probably for the entire season) from what I heard a few weeks ago.

 
Re: Challenge Cup Squad
Aiden1011 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 06:52
All the players that arenít registered are:
Darren Dawidiuk
Ciaran Hearn
Danny Hobbs Awoyemi
James Marshall
Brendan McKibbin
Napolioni Nalaga
Sentiki Nayalo
Richard Palframan
Gordon Reid
Manasa Saulo
Jake Schatz
Aseli Tikoirotuma
Ofisa Treviranus
Franco Van Der Merwe

 
Re: Challenge Cup Squad
paulm1953 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 14:41
Why do we have so many of our 1st team squad unregistered?



Come on you Irish

Paul

 
Re: Challenge Cup Squad
Babs O (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 15:02
Foreign player limits I guess looking at that list

 
Re: Challenge Cup Squad
fatlad76 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 15:04
you are limited to 2 overseas so makes sense.

 
Re: Challenge Cup Squad
DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 15:05
Some of them probably weren't registered with us by the time we had to give the names over - FvdM, Daffiduck, ....

 
Re: Challenge Cup Squad
Bazzo (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 15:12
Quote:
paulm1953
Why do we have so many of our 1st team squad unregistered?

Only guessing, but I would say most of the unregistered players are not EQP and are needed for the premiership campaign, or else long term injured DHA?

 
Re: Challenge Cup Squad
jimbo800 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 15:14
Did dawiduik even play a game for us? What's the injury?

 
Re: Challenge Cup Squad
fatlad76 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 15:15
Eligibility rule


3.7 Each club is permitted a maximum of two 'non-European players' in each match squad.

 
Re: Challenge Cup Squad
Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 17:24
Quote:
jimbo800
Did dawiduik even play a game for us? What's the injury?

He came on as a sub in a pre season game. I think it was the Ealing game.



I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

 
Re: Challenge Cup Squad
dooj106 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 21:18
I would go with:

H.Elrington
D.Porecki
O.Hoskins
W.Lloyd
T.Paulo
M.Northcote-Green
C.Gilsenan
L.Lomidze

B.Meehan
G.Tonks
T.Ojo
L.McLean
T.Fowlie
J.Cokanasiga
B.Ransom

T.Gleave, T.Smallbone, L.Chawatama, J.Basham, J.McNally, R.Brand, T.Brophy-Clews, T.Parton

If Porecki not fit, Gleave to start and Paice on Bench

 
Re: Challenge Cup Squad
Florida (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 06:27
Previews for the Edinburgh game suggesting Tonks has been added to the injury list.

[www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com]

 
Re: Challenge Cup Squad
Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 06:42
Quote:
Florida
Previews for the Edinburgh game suggesting Tonks has been added to the injury list.
[www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com]

Hopefully Hardie doesn't get that showdown with Cowan. Would prefer it if he had a few weeks off.

 
Re: Challenge Cup Squad
Florida (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 08:27
Quote:
Margin_Walker
Hopefully Hardie doesn't get that showdown with Cowan. Would prefer it if he had a few weeks off.

I'm torn, on the one hand I remember how shocking we were last season when we had a few games off. On the other hand we had many games off over the summer and were in fine form for the first game back...


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?