rugbyunion
Latest News:

Gatland 'Done' With the Lions
Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 08:25
[www.bbc.co.uk]

We should speak to him about the head coaches position here - he'd be a great appointment.

Re: Gatland 'Done' With the Lions
DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 08:46
Just one minor flaw: He's not free from his Welsh commitments until after the next RWC.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 09:30
Quote:
Ajax Treesdown
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41645590
We should speak to him about the head coaches position here - he'd be a great appointment.

I agree, I have his mobile number and will PM it to you so you can pop the question so to speak

Bohemiansingles@yahoo.com
631-563-9892

Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 10:32
Ah, I forgot, we've got Topsy Ojo / David Paice lined up for our next head coaching role.

HMRH (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 11:11
Very successful coach for the Lions and shame that a few comments made by a player who toured and one who didn't appear to have coloured this. The drawn series was fanrmtastic and totally unexpected - that night in Wellington won't be bested for at least 4 years - great game great party and pretty reasonable hangover

Florida (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 11:36
Quote:
DrV'sHairyCraic
Just one minor flaw: He's not free from his Welsh commitments until after the next RWC.

Contracts are meaningless in this day and age! As soon as he lays eyes on our world class training facilities he'll get himself extricated from his current contract.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 11:49
Quote:
Florida
Quote:
DrV'sHairyCraic

Contracts are meaningless in this day and age! As soon as he lays eyes on our world class training facilities he'll get himself extricated from his current contract.

I Think that he may have already laid eyes on our patch, didn't the Wales squad train at Hazelwood during the RWC? I seem to remember Gatland doing a Q&A for the Li U12's tour to Dublin. Always thought that was a good gesture.

Steelman (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 12:42
"Right behind yon coaches,now here's the twist,the moonlight on the flashing blade."
The Merchant of Brentford.

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 13:12
Maybe he can bring his old mate Sean Edwards as a defense coach.

(Sm159)

Florida (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 16:53
Quote:
DrV'sHairyCraic
(Sm159)

I'd take Edwards as a defense coach, if it was full time.

Shropshire Hugh (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 18:14
As a Scot i will be very happy to see the back of him.

Live in West Wales, work in England, supporting Scotland and London Irish

jekyll (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 18:53
Quote:
DrV'sHairyCraic
(Sm159)
last time he was here we leaked even more tries than we did before he came so Thanks but no thankls

HMRH (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 20:17
Quote:
Shropshire Hugh
As a Scot i will be very happy to see the back of him.

We'd have won with more Scots?!?!? Nel would have had a place but really?

Florida (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 21:29
Quote:
jekyll
last time he was here we leaked even more tries than we did before he came so Thanks but no thankls

Last time he was it was one day per week.

I'd gladly take him in a full time role, he'd lay some good foundations for others to build on. Additionally there's none of that happy clappy, well we didn't do great but we're learning. If the team fall off tackles and he's the defense coach you know he will be putting a rocket up their @#$%&.

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 07:22
Quote:
Florida
Quote:
jekyll

Last time he was it was one day per week.

I'd gladly take him in a full time role, he'd lay some good foundations for others to build on. Additionally there's none of that happy clappy, well we didn't do great but we're learning. If the team fall off tackles and he's the defense coach you know he will be putting a rocket up their @#$%&.

Back to the Toby Tackle Club, those tyres and the sandy ground...

[shudder]

I remember when the Fairies & the Tinks won a training session with Toby. We were taken through a watered-down version of Tackle Club as part of it, which in honking rain was fun. Afterwards.

[/shudder]

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net