rugbyunion
Latest News:

Tackle Law clarification, please.
bigbitty (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 12:58
I'm watching the Ireland South Africa match, and a SA attacker has just been tackled to the ground. The Irish tackler then released him but the SA man simply got up and carried on running, with the ref shouting that he wasn't held.

So the question is, how long must a tackler hold on to an attacker so he is deemed to be held, and yet not get penalised for not releasing (if indeed the tackler does have to release)?

Re: Tackle Law clarification, please.
Steelman (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 14:11
Depends completely on sirs discretion, if it's us tackling we,ll get blown for not releasing..... And then 10 yards for blabbing... .

Florida (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 15:02
While it's under sirs discretion, sir needs to be consistent throughout the course of the game. This is not happening.

Finno (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 15:34
Sir was very light handed in his application of that law yesterday I thought!

cjm. (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 17:14
It's been creeping in bit by bit and I hate it. So inconsistent and annoying.If you are tackled and hit the ground that should be it, place the ball back.

Steelman (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 18:24
Quote:
cjm.
It's been creeping in bit by bit and I hate it. So inconsistent and annoying.If you are tackled and hit the ground that should be it, place the ball back.

Yep,the grounded attacker wriggling, crawling, burrowing, forward is making it impossible to strip the ball,especially when accompanied by late arriving clear outs diving in.
Why this unfair advantage to the tackled player.

Florida (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 21:47
I was led to believe if a knee touches the ground, the tackle is considered complete.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net