rugbyunion
Latest News:

london irish v bbbaaaaaaath scores
mulledwinemarie (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 13:20
2.30 be in your seats as there is a live performance of the new stage musical

SEVEN DRUNKEN NIGHTS - from the West End...............

£4 from each adult ticket to go to the MOVEMBER CHARITY

MAPASUA AND THE HUFF in attendance today - welcome back - but I would rather see them both on the bench in LI SHIRTS

comonuuiiiriiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Marie

MWM

GLORY GLORY LONDON IRISH - and loving it......

well I used to ...............

Re: london irish v bbbaaaaaaath scores
19 November, 2017 14:42
and we are off

penalty to irish

Bell takes the 3 points

IRISH 3 - 0 BATH

MWM

Anonymous User (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 14:43
What on Earth was Franks doing? Weakest tackle attempt I've seen in a long time.

19 November, 2017 14:45
mATT bANAHAN OUR OLD BOY GETS TRY FOR bATH BURNS CONVERTS

irish 3 - 7 bath

MWM

19 November, 2017 14:49
PENALTY TO BATH

IRISH 3 - 10 BATH

GONNA BE A LONG AFTERNOON METHINKS

MWM

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 14:53
Quote:
Florida
What on Earth was Franks doing? Weakest tackle attempt I've seen in a long time.

It wasn't his tackle to make, it was Seb de Chaves.

19 November, 2017 14:54
It certainly is. When Bath have the ball they either slowly march down field, we might make our tackles but they're driving through them and getting valuable gains before going to ground. If they're not marching slowly they're breaking away. We on the other hand and getting stopped on the gainline, getting frustrated and throwing speculative passes.

It is not pleasant viewing

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 14:55
Great lines from Joe and Jimi Marshall. Super try.

19 November, 2017 14:55
Having said all that, beautiful from Jimi Marshall

19 November, 2017 14:57
Great strength from Joe to sit a couple of defenders onto their back starts at the restart

19 November, 2017 15:01
irish 8 - 10 bath

conversion to come

very slow twitter posts

MWM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/11/2017 15:02 by mulledwinemarie.

miller8 (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 15:01
Please if you write to the board update the score smiling smiley

19 November, 2017 15:03
i am

IRISH 8 - 13 BATH

DROP GOAL

MWM

19 November, 2017 15:08
PENALTY TO BATH

IRISH 8 - 16 BATH

MWM

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 15:08
Some of our decision making is absolutely appalling today.

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 15:10
Scrums going well!!!!!

*sarcasm

19 November, 2017 15:11
Yeah, that front row upsets me on so many levels

miller8 (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 15:11
Thanks smiling smiley

19 November, 2017 15:15
If only Marshall had popped the ball up to Meehan

19 November, 2017 15:20
11-16 at half time, we're definitely growing into the game a bit and Bath are beginning to miss their tackles.

Lewi and Marshall combined well to see Marshall nearly score a second, but he was bundled in to touch. Had he popped the ball off the floor, Meehan would have scored

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 15:24
So in summary, we've given away another criminally poor try through a non existent tackle attempt, been mullered in the scrum and left two tries out there (as well as missing a pretty simple conversion for the one we did score)!

11-16 at half time it is then.

19 November, 2017 15:29
Watching online, sounds like this is the best half time entertainment we've put on to date.

19 November, 2017 15:48
scott steele on for meehan

bath win penalty

IRISH 10 - 19 BATH

MWM

19 November, 2017 15:51
Gilly down. Hoskins on, Petrus off.

Gilly off, Coman on.

Bell off, Tonks on

19 November, 2017 15:59
IRISH 10 - 22 BATH

MWM

19 November, 2017 16:11
11 - 22

Blair off, Elrington the replacement

19 November, 2017 16:13
I THINK ALL THE BENCH HAS BEEN USED NOW

NO POINTS THIS SECOND HALF TO IRISH

MWM

19 November, 2017 16:16
FOWLIE ON FOR LEWINGTON

MWM

19 November, 2017 16:27
final score 18 - 22

19 November, 2017 16:27
18 - 22

FRANTIC BATH DEFENCE AND IRISH BATTLING AWAY

MWM

19 November, 2017 16:34
IS IT MY IMAGAINATION OR WERE THE SUBS MORE INTENSE THAN THE STARTING 15

obviously not heard or saw the game..............

MWM

Heaf (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 16:36
Sounds like they have been for a number of games - makes you wonder why we keep starting some of the 'big names' ...

cjm. (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 16:39
easier for subs to look good if they are against tiring opposition.

However today seemed, for the most part, like slow motion rugby. Just pure attritional stuff. Too many pick and gos at the end and just run out of energy.

bigbitty (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 16:42
T'was always thus. The big named forwards gain experience but lose strength, while the big named backs gain experience but lose speed.

But just when does experience lose out to enthusiasm.

bigbitty (IP Logged)
T'was always thus. The big named forwards gain experience but lose strength, while the big named backs gain experience but lose speed.

But just when does experience lose out to enthusiasm.

Heaf (IP Logged)
But they have subs too ... so that should make it even surely?

cjm. (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 16:46
depends who has to play the whole 90. eg Franks did and he was barely making ground at the start never mind the end.

Horticbm (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 16:54
10 Sale Sharks 15
11 Worcester 8
12 London Irish 7

says it all, the team above us getting better, whilst we go round in circles, cant see us getting any better.Sale playing well, although beaten at the end against Leics

olw131 (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 17:01
I said before the game last chance for Petrus, that's it. What on earth has Hoskins got to do to get a start?!

Just seeing him stroll around from ruck to ruck makes me physically sick. He is not a good scrummager, he is not a good tackler, he can just about clear out the rucks he eventually makes it to.

Starting him negatively impacted our performance in a game that required big bruisers to make up for the lack of Trev, Paulo, McNally et al.

HMRH (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 17:13
Shame we couldn’t force the score at the end and we hung on in there. A few thoughts
Joe C came in from his wing towards the end and had an immediate impact- he doesn’t get enough ball ditto Alex so glad he moved inside
Blair Cowan is immense and I’m sure the stats would back that up
We’re not dynamic enough in the forwards and too many runnners are taking the ball standing still or worse behind them
A lot of our attack is just two dimensional bosh
Passing was poor at times - Needs to be sharper
Marshall looked really good in attack at 15 so I can see that becoming more permanent

Enjoyed the game and would have been great if we had taken the win but I’ll take the LBP - in other games we’ve not been close

Shawshank (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 17:25
Yep, 2 of our big signings in close season have turned out to be very large Christmas Turkeys.

Anyone who has watched Italian rugby over the years could have predicted that Luke McLean would offer nothing, and he hasn't disappointed in that regard.

But for PDP to be such an utter liability literally all over the pitch is quite shocking. Who could have predicted that...?

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 17:28
Luke McLean put in another decent defensive performance today. His tackle completion stats this season are off the charts. For a team letting in tries up the middle, he's a useful asset.

PdP, not so much

orsoncart (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 17:31
Quote:
Shawshank

Anyone who has watched Italian rugby over the years could have predicted that Luke McLean would offer nothing, and he hasn't disappointed in that regard.

In his defence, I thought that the defence did OK today. The only try shipped was courtesy of SdeC. He didn't offer much in attack, but wasn't alone

Shawshank (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 17:35
But guys, surely making your tackles at 12 is a given.

Has he made one line-break all season?

Compare his contribution today to Banahan who was immense.

Or the last Bath match when the little Samoan guy ran the show...?

19 November, 2017 17:45
This season working back from today he's:

14 made / 0 missed
17/0
9/0
9/0
8/3

For a team that has dropped off a ton of tackles and been on the back foot that's very good and he's been earning his money. Sure he's not shown too much going forwards, but none of our centres have.

Whilst I was sceptical about his signing, I certainly wouldn't single him out as an under-performer in our squad

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 18:01
Some absolutely clueless rugged at times today. Other than the first try from Bath ( Mr de chaves that was shocking!) the defense held firm. But attack was diabolical at times. We would throw speculative passes and panic whenever bath put us under the slightest hint of pressure.
It took until the 72nd minute for us to use Joe off his wing and it caused havoc, so why didn't we use him from the start!! And as for that final bit of play.... did the forwards not hear the backs screaming for the ball in acres of space, all we needed to do was get it out and it was a certain try!
Very frustrating game, honourable mentions to paicey who put his body on the line as always and thought Marshall was dangerous.
Also a mention for Gilsenan for that wonderful take of the high ball which resulted in his injury, saved a try I reckon

Shawshank (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 18:17
Hugo - with Big Joe it's just like it was with NN.

In the games he played before his injury he came off the wing looking for the ball ONCE

We do need to draft in an experienced backs coach NOW. I'm afraid the plan of Dodge learning on the job is proving to be fruitless.

If not then at least play Joe at 12 a la Banahan, where he can do some real damage, rather than be stuck on the wing.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 18:21
It's now or never in terms of selection too, next week against bath the team has to be....
Elrington
Paice
Hoskins
Franco
Paulo
Coman
Northcote green
Cowan
Meehan
Bell
Lewington
Mulchrone
Fowlie
Cokanasiga
Marshall

Porecki
Franks
Lovejoy
Mcnally (if properly fit then he must start)
Gilsenan
Steele
Tonks
Ransom

Portcullis Irish (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 18:45
Mehan to my mind had a poor game Failed with box kick which led to Bath lineout and they scored in opposite corner after a few phases.
Paice & Cowan had excellent games but lack of a dynamic carrier has plagued us since Huff departed and did so again today
PDP unimpressive -again - coaches need to show some bite in selection and in motivation. Tommy Bell rushed back b4 he was ready on that showing.
2 threatening wingers need to be involved as much as possible and not as late as today in JC's case.

Aiden1011 (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 19:22
Lewington isn’t injured is he? I know he was pointing to his ankle and limping so hopefully it’s not too serious

Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 22:55
Not sure why we didn't change the plan in the final play, after 25 phases and we still hadn't scored, would it not have been more effective for Big Joe to have cut a big line and crashed over, similar to the one he made prior to the pick and go's. The greatest defender in the world isn't going to stop him at full speed 1 metre out.

RodB (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 08:42
Our conversion rate from 5 metres out is very poor and has been for yrs, maybe excluding last year. Almost any other of the prem sides would have scored from our last play..... lack of patience, lack of confidence,lack of a plan and lack of practicing for the situation?

waltham (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 08:44
...lack of confidence maybe given our record of handling errors.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 09:09
In fairness they can read all the posts on here, that will help sort out their confidence problems.

bisach (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 11:58
Just watched the highlights on C5 and cannot figure out why Sir gave that final penalty to bath.

Our player is tackled on the floor with the tackler not releasing him and players all around him. Charteris leans over all the players is what is now blatantly obvious a ruck situation and instead of penalising him, we get penalised.

Question for Sir. What the hell was going through your tiny mind?

Finno (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 11:58
Quote:
waltham
...lack of confidence maybe given our record of handling errors.

I think you're right, they were afraid to go wide. We were in almost the same situation in the AWC game against Bath a few weeks ago, went wide and knocked on...end of match..loss!

20 November, 2017 14:00
Quote:
bisach
Just watched the highlights on C5 and cannot figure out why Sir gave that final penalty to bath.
Our player is tackled on the floor with the tackler not releasing him and players all around him. Charteris leans over all the players is what is now blatantly obvious a ruck situation and instead of penalising him, we get penalised.

Just re-watched that last phase of the game myself. Was a bit of a fortunate call for Bath, but I think we got away with going off our feet and sealing off several times in the build up. Or at least we were living very dangerously.

Just needed to generate a little more pace and take it a bit wider. Easier said than done, but that last 5 minutes are an incredibly frustrating watch when viewed against the importance a win would have had for our season.

Should have won that game. Season will be over before we know it and opportunities like yesterday need to be taken.

Aiden1011 (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 15:47
Quote:
Hugo.LI
It's now or never in terms of selection too, next week against bath the team has to be....
Elrington
Paice
Hoskins
Franco
Paulo
Coman
Northcote green
Cowan
Meehan
Bell
Lewington
Mulchrone
Fowlie
Cokanasiga
Marshall

Porecki
Franks
Lovejoy
Mcnally (if properly fit then he must start)
Gilsenan
Steele
Tonks
Ransom

Just seen on McNallys twitter that he will be on the side line for a couple of months

Heaf (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 14:00
Quote:
Margin_Walker
Quote:
bisach

Just re-watched that last phase of the game myself. Was a bit of a fortunate call for Bath, but I think we got away with going off our feet and sealing off several times in the build up. Or at least we were living very dangerously.

Just needed to generate a little more pace and take it a bit wider. Easier said than done, but that last 5 minutes are an incredibly frustrating watch when viewed against the importance a win would have had for our season.

Should have won that game. Season will be over before we know it and opportunities like yesterday need to be taken.

But Bath were off their feet regularly too so I felt it was a really poor call as the tacklers didn't release and Chateris was no way supporting his own weight - plus a ruck had formed surely so no hands allowed.

Plus their one try came after a clearly forward pass - couldn't believe Flatman said at first he thought it was forwards but then said it wasn't - the ball travelled at least 3 yards forwards easily seen from the stripes in the grass and the replay also showed the player's hands clearly going forwards when he passed - should have been checked but that's par for the course with our luck.

Having said all that they really should have managed to score in the last plays of the game ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/11/2017 14:02 by Heaf.

NOx (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 10:32
Apparently the ref was overheard (via the RefLink) remarking to a Bath player during the warm-up that Irish "aren't a winning team". Little surprise we got nothing from him.

Unable to verify this personally since my RefLink took an impromptu swim in my pint during the LDH.

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 11:05
Unable to verify this personally since my RefLink took an impromptu swim in my pint during the LDH

(Sm63) (Sm22)

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Paul_D (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 11:58
Quote:
NOx
Apparently the ref was overheard (via the RefLink) remarking to a Bath player during the warm-up that Irish "aren't a winning team". Little surprise we got nothing from him.
Unable to verify this personally since my RefLink took an impromptu swim in my pint during the LDH.

Not sure about that. My RefLink has never worked until kick off.

GHA (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 12:41
Quote:
bisach

How classy. Ref's fault again

bisach (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 20:51
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
bisach

How classy. Ref's fault again

Did I say the result of the game was the ref's fault? Did I? Can you actually quote me on that?

I questioned his decision making incapabilities on that final play. Which I have every right to do. Especially as I am not one of those "everything Sir says is correct" bods.

Believe me I could have been a lot more disparaging about his performance and could have suggested other adjectives nearer to the knuckle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/11/2017 20:55 by bisach.

LLL (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 03:58
Quote:
bisach
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
bisach

[b]How classy. Ref's fault again[/ b]

Did I say the result of the game was the ref's fault? Did I? Can you actually quote me on that?

I questioned his decision making incapabilities on that final play. Which I have every right to do. Especially as I am not one of those "everything Sir says is correct" bods.

Believe me I could have been a lot more disparaging about his performance and could have suggested other adjectives nearer to the knuckle.

I’m glad you spared us ! It’s pretty demoralising to read the same old same old personal criticisms of the refereees after we lose, courtesy of not being as good as the opposition.

GHA (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 12:22
You said the ref had a tiny mind, if my mind is big enough to remember correctly. Not as big as some egos

Steelman (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 13:55
🔫 Or ⚔

Griff (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 14:03
Unicode doesn't work on here...

Translation: https://emoji.fileformat.info/gemoji/gun.png or http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2694/crossed_swords.png

GHA (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 14:17
(Sm106)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net