rugbyunion
Latest News:

Home games support.
glensman (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 20:54
What are the attendances at the home game this Season, excl. the Twickenham game.

Thanks.

Re: Home games support.
Rosscaberry (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 21:16
Yesterday's attendance was over 7,000. Not sure about the other games.

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 21:34
Last games attendance was actually around 7,500. The other games have averaged between 4000 & 5000.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Griff (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 09:28
The attendances are all in the site fixture list...

TeflonTed (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 10:06
And like all premiership “attendances”, are not actual attendance figures at all.

There is an agreement between all clubs and PRL that all season ticket sales are counted as present.

Matchday bums on seats are never revealed.

We (Wuss) has this out in some detail at a recent Q&A with our chairman and CEO.

Looking forward to seeing you lot on the 22nd, you may leave the drums behind if you wish.

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 14:16
We will bring the drums thanks.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

TeflonTed (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 17:29
Quote:
Exile_Dave
We will bring the drums thanks.

Thought you would!

Royalsfan (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 07:54
Quote:
TeflonTed
And like all premiership “attendances”, are not actual attendance figures at all.
There is an agreement between all clubs and PRL that all season ticket sales are counted as present.

Matchday bums on seats are never revealed.

We (Wuss) has this out in some detail at a recent Q&A with our chairman and CEO.

Looking forward to seeing you lot on the 22nd, you may leave the drums behind if you wish.

You are partly right.
Pretty much all sports events report tickets sold, not physical attendance. It’s nothing to do with agreements between clubs and the PRL. There is often a huge difference in the numbers (there were no where near 7500 there on Sunday for example) Many clubs give away lots of comp tickets, which are then reported in the figures even though most are not used.
I imagine they report sales because they are liable to VAT on them whether people,turn up or not so legally that is the key number.
The actual attendance is important though as there are stadium licence requirements around stewarding levels and stand capacity that relate to the actual numbers of people in the stadium.

22 November, 2017 11:44
Worcester is quite peculiar as we can't take the drums into the ground for "Health and Safety" reasons, but the smoking area is next to the gas bottle storage area.

HK Phooey (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 12:16
I seem to recall a rather dangerous tambourine was confiscated a few years ago

GHA (IP Logged)
22 November, 2017 12:52
Can I bring my cello?

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
23 November, 2017 08:32
Quote:
GHA
Can I bring my cello?

Only if there isn't a spike on the bottom (Sm14)

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

24 November, 2017 16:46
If you go to the online ticket office it looks like they've opened up a bit more of the east stand, so its probably going to be a half decent crowd again. New CEO seems to be doing his job, as 7,500 last week was far better than the 4/5,000 we usually get and what looks like 9/10,000 sold for Sunday certainly shows improvement.

NMB (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 19:42
That's great to see, hopefully LI will give a performance that will have them all coming back

Atomic Wasp (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 13:37
There should be a significant Wasps support tomorrow which will help numbers a bit. smiling smiley

Cheers

Rick

@W2APS on twitter, the chap with the banners and flags.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net