Team's up!
Florida (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 11:41
Finally Hoskins gets a start. Filo in the second row and Coman comes in at 6

[www.london-irish.com]

Re: Team's up!
jimbo800 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 11:44
This time around, Im more interested in the opposition team. Wasps are just the team to expose any gaps in the back line defence

PV (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 11:52
London Irish: 15 James Marshall, 14 Joe Cokanasiga, 13 Fergus Mulchrone, 12 Luke McLean, 11 Alex Lewington, 10 Tommy Bell, 9 Ben Meehan, 1 Ben Franks, 2 David Paice (c), 3 Ollie Hoskins, 4 Franco van der Merwe, 5 Teofilo Paulo, 6 Mike Coman, 7 Max Northcote-Green, 8 Blair Cowan

Replacements: 16 Tom Woolstencroft, 17 Harry Elrington, 18 Petrus Du Plessis, 19 Sebastian De Chaves, 20 Conor Gilsenan, 21 Scott Steele, 22 Greig Tonks, 23 Tom Fowlie

PV (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 11:54
And the Wasps team

15. Willie Le Roux
14. Christian Wade
13. Juan De Jongh
12. Gaby Lovobalavu
11. Josh Bassett
10. Jimmy Gopperth
9. Joe Simpson
1. Simon McIntyre
2. Ashley Johnson
3. Jake Cooper-Woolley
4. James Gaskell
5. Will Rowlands
6. James Haskell
7. Thomas Young
8. Nizaam Carr

Replacements

16. Nathan Charles
17. Ben Harris
18. Marty Moore
19. Kearnan Myall
20. Guy Thompson
21. Dan Robson
22. Danny Cipriani
23. Rob Miller

GHA (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 12:09
I for one am nervous

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 12:20
I'd be seriously looking at crossfield kicks to Wade's wing this week as Lewi is very good in the air and there is a definite opportunity to get some joy there.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 12:36
I would have played ransom at 15, covers the ground quicker than Marshall. With the speed of the wasps backs, we need pace at 15

HMRH (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 13:34
Planet Rugby has Wasps by 25!!!!!!

Our last 2 home premiership games have yielded bonus point defeats so thats a strong call or have we just been lucky against Tigers and Bath?

olw131 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 13:35
That's a really hard-working starting 15 we've selected.

I am hopeful

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 14:03
Its a hard working 15 but when you pick defenders, you sacrifice in attack. On a smooth surface like the mad stad, youd expect a good back line to run as much as possible. Im not expecting any return from this game

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 14:20
I can't see much difference in the current quality & form of Wasps from Bath. This could be closer than some pundits are calling. I think we'll get something on Sunday.

stnick88 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 14:45
Wasps team on paper is a LOT better than that Bath team we played last week. this will be a more difficult game and i imagine we will be making a lot of tackles.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 14:59
On paper Wasps should win by 15.

However, their away form is not great, and we may be able to get some dominance in the tight.

I've got a feeling that we may however see us sneak a win by 3...smoking smiley

Florida (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 15:14
I see us defending manfully for a solid 20 - 25 minutes, flood gates open, they score a hat full of tries. If we lose by less than 20 I'll be surprised.

As usual, while the above is my expectation, I would dearly love to see us do much better, score some tries and win the game.

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 15:26
As I intend going to the game on Sunday I expect London Irish to win, The crucial periods will be the first 20 where we need take the game to Wasps and the last 20 minutes were we will probably need to tackle like tigers.

There was definite signs of improvement last weekend.

COYI

Come on you Irish

Paul

24 November, 2017 16:43
Looks like two strong teams - will be a good contest. Either team by 5 I think...

C'mon Irish

orsoncart (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 17:58
On paper, a LBP would be a result

As usual, will go with hope for more than that

Steelman (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 07:50
Our pack can win us the match today if our backs can kick and tackle perfectly.
If we try to play the expansive game,expect much pain and little gain. Wasp backs can find or create gaps in stone walls,and this year we have often been caught with our
Drawbridge down, guarded only by an immobile stout man with a shaven head.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 08:16
Quote:
Steelman
Our pack can win us the match today if our backs can kick and tackle perfectly.
If we try to play the expansive game,expect much pain and little gain. Wasp backs can find or create gaps in stone walls,and this year we have often been caught with our
Drawbridge down, guarded only by an immobile stout man with a shaven head.

Completely agree with all of this except the bit where you think the game is today !

Steelman (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 09:35
Thanks saved me a long journey, whoops,silly old ****

Narbia (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 23:06
If both Lewington and Cokanasiga get ball out wide or they drift in narrow, then Irish have a good chance in this game.

An arm wrestle wont be good enough against Wasps. (Sm52)

Irish 30 Wasps 28

Steelman (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 08:47
Quote:
Narbia
If both Lewington and Cokanasiga get ball out wide or they drift in narrow, then Irish have a good chance in this game.
An arm wrestle wont be good enough against Wasps. (Sm52)

Irish 30 Wasps 28

This assumes that Wade and Basset have stopped for a chat and a smoke on the halfway line
Of course.(Sm72)

Narbia (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 09:15
Quote:
Steelman
This assumes that Wade and Basset have stopped for a chat and a smoke on the halfway line
Of course.(Sm72)

Indeed. I'm assuming LIRFC will have laid on a few finest Havana cigars for our visitors.

Hope springs eternal. (Sm14)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net