rugbyunion
Latest News:

A Couple of Queries
Cill Dara (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 13:39
In the England game, Lawes was tackled and ref warns the tackler to release, but Lawes starts to get back to his feet, yet the ref blows up for not releasing, leads to an England try.

If the tackle was complete, how would Lawes be allowed to get back to his feet?

Near the end of the Ireland game, a ruck is formed by Argentina, the counter-ruck pushes the defending players off the ball, yet the tackled player picks up the ball again and eventually leads to an Argentina try.

I thought once you are tackled, you are out of the game until you gut up and get onside again?

Is this a new trend of interpretation?

The tackle area is becoming an free for all, or is it just odd ref decisions?

Thoughts/explanations?

Prisco stripe Hibernico

Re: A Couple of Queries
cjm. (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 14:06
Yes it is becoming a free for all.

If you are tackled these days, so long as you release the ball you can pick it up again. If you get up without releasing the ball it's a penalty.

Now what counts as a tackle, well you have to hold the player down long enough that you're not done for "not held" and not long enough that you are done for "not releasing".

I reckon if you are grounded then you should have to place the ball back to keep it clear and more easily reffable but what do I know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net