Will they go down fighting together,
will one walk out and take a bullet.
Will los hombres finally man up in Glawsville this week,and
Save all our skins.
Wot will happen?

Re: Are The 3 Amigos in The Last Chance Saloon
SirBurger (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 13:13
Really think we need to stick with them as the potential is obvious to me. They are battling on a much smaller budget than other sides, constrained in recruitment by the play-offs and are not getting the required assistance from a senior figure. We may go down again, but I still think they are the right group of coaches to take us forwards.

GHA (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 13:50
We haven't gone forwards in the last few weeks though, budget and senior figure or not

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 14:06
For me we need some changes:
ēthe doc dedicates the rest of the season to Irish, if he means what he says about success, we canít stall again by going down. We need a firm hand
ēwe need a backs coach, we havenít had a proper one for years. Whiffin was terrible, itís the same all over again. Venter should get Rob Hoadley involved, even if itís just on a short term basis

This would all be made easier if we hadnít lost an entire front row pretty much at the beginning of the season. I think Dawidiuk would have started most games, Reid would have played most games as would Danny. They were all better than what is in place now. Far more suited to the league speed.

The coaches can help themselves by making bettter choices when selecting the team. Donít make front row subs for the sake of it.

I do think kendo will become a very good DoR, I donít think the other two will make the necessary changes to reach the level. I think Skivs is good at what he does, Iíd keep him as long as possible

GHA (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 14:08
We need to sort our recruitment - we've needed to do this for some time

SirBurger (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 14:10
Quote:
GHA
We need to sort our recruitment - we've needed to do this for some time

I would agree with this, despite what I said earlier about thinking Kennedy is the right man for the job.

waltham (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 21:54
Look at the improvement folks...we are not shipping nearly as many tries/penalties and the guys are right up there in terms of stamina/fitness....

Blarney (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 08:59
Certainly we have improved - quite a bit if you think back to the first few games. Itís nicer to be moaning about only getting a LBP than moaning about s 40pt humping.

The problem is the unforgiving nature of the league and the rapidly decreasing number of points available. Iím confident we can get to the required, but can we do it in time?

peejay (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 11:00
Amigos, could be the problem. Nick as a new inexperienced DoR, would have to make a terribly tough decision to bin one or more of his old playing mates. Sadly to become a real leader, those decisions need to be made. Alternatively, they played, coached together and may go down together. Who knows?

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 20:58
You all do realise the 3 amigos have signed long term contract extensions. I see non of them leaving any time soon.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Aa545 (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 05:40
Quote:
Exile_Dave
You all do realise the 3 amigos have signed long term contract extensions. I see non of them leaving any time soon.
That is why the club is in the position it is , to happy bumbling along accepting mediocrity at best.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 08:24
Quote:
Aa545
Quote:
Exile_Dave
That is why the club is in the position it is , to happy bumbling along accepting mediocrity at best.

Very wise words from, i would consider, a rugby coaching guru, you stick it to em.

Bohemiansingles@yahoo.com
631-563-9892

Aa545 (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 09:02
Quote:
LI Bohemian
Quote:
Aa545
Quote:
Exile_Dave

Very wise words from, i would consider, a rugby coaching guru, you stick it to em.
I am indeed Under 10 rugby team I coach have been county champions 3 years in a row.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 09:15
Nice one, LIBo has been well poned...(Sm100)

Bazzo (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 15:36
Quote:
Aa545
Quote:
Exile_Dave

Disagree strongly. The reason we bumble along as you put it is because we are miles behind money wise. We try to live within a means that the clubs budget is set I would say.

When I saw these posts my first observation was ďwho are the three amigos?Ē as I now assume that it is Kendo, Dec and Dodge, (to much love for skins to include him even if he is as much a coach as the others).I have to disagree very strongly. They have been thrust into a situation probably way too early in their careers but have stepped up to the plate and have produced a competitive team. Their first year coaching record in the academy produced the winners of the premiership, their second year produced the winners of the championship and hopefully their third will produce a team that stays up with probably the lowest budget in the league.

The acceptance of mediocrity is a financial thing for me, nothing to do with the ďthree amigosĒ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net