19 Sebastian De Chaves,
20 Ofisa Treviranus,
21 Ben Meehan,
22 Greig Tonks,
23 Tom Fowlie

Re: Team's up
AlecW (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 11:47
Great to see Reid back in contention...!

Florida (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 12:02
Quite concerned by Kendo persisting with Fergus and McLean in midfield, it might be defensively robust, but it's not going to help with our attack. Also very concerned by Kendo's comments that we attacked well last week. I guess I was watching a different game.

Other than that, glad to see Elrington get a start, shame Hoskins has been dropped to the bench already. If we can be in the game with 20 to go that bench might just pull us through.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 12:03
No idea why petrus is starting again! But that is a very strong bench, if we can be in the game at the 55 minute mark we have a chance of getting something but I'm fully expecting Gloucester to win with a bonus point

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 12:21
Id bite your hand off for a losing bonus point. Glaws have been fantastic this season. Their attack has been brilliant, trinder especially

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 12:24
Wuss have a huge opportunity to get another win under the belt. Sale are notoriously poor on the road

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 12:30
Glos haven't been that great. Last week was the only Premiership game that they've won by >7 pts. They've scored less (by quite a bit) and conceded more than any other top 6 team.

But they do dig in when it counts and can can grind out that last minute win.

Given our recent improvements and the return of a couple of key players on the bench, I think we'll give them a good run.

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 12:31
Glos team:

15. Tom Hudson;
14. Henry Purdy,
13. Andy Symons,
12. Billy Twelvetrees,
11. Ollie Thorley;
10. Billy Burns,
9. Willi Heinz (capt);

1. Josh Hohneck,
2. James Hanson,
3. John Afoa;
4. Tom Savage,
5. Jeremy Thrush;
6. Jake Polledri,
7. Lewis Ludlow,
8. Ruan Ackermann

Replacements:

16. Richard Hibbard,
17. Paddy McAllister,
18. Gareth Denman,
19. Freddie Clarke,
20. Will Safe,
21. Ben Vellacott,
22. Matt Scott,
23. Mark Atkinson

dooj106 (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 12:52
Quote:
Florida
Quite concerned by Kendo persisting with Fergus and McLean in midfield, it might be defensively robust, but it's not going to help with our attack. Also very concerned by Kendo's comments that we attacked well last week. I guess I was watching a different game.

IMHO Our defence has hugely improved over the last couple of weeks and kept us in the game going into the final quarter; as opposed to picking attack minded midfielders who are weak in defence and then find yourselves three scores down after the first quarter. It doesn't matter how good at attacking the midfield is, you are not going to win games from there.

Agree with regards to the attack - while it has shown signs of improvement has not been clinical enough.

If we can get through the next 2 games (Glos & Edinburgh) picking up what we can, we then have 3 seriously winnable games to finish the year, which could (if the games go our way) take us into the new year with a bit of momentum

Florida (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 13:38
Quote:
dooj106
Quote:
Florida

IMHO Our defence has hugely improved over the last couple of weeks and kept us in the game going into the final quarter; as opposed to picking attack minded midfielders who are weak in defence and then find yourselves three scores down after the first quarter. It doesn't matter how good at attacking the midfield is, you are not going to win games from there.

Agree with regards to the attack - while it has shown signs of improvement has not been clinical enough.

If we can get through the next 2 games (Glos & Edinburgh) picking up what we can, we then have 3 seriously winnable games to finish the year, which could (if the games go our way) take us into the new year with a bit of momentum

Which of out "attack minded midfielders" do you consider weak in defence? I would suggest Tiks is possibly the only one that fits into that bracket. Teams don't need to run through our midfield to score a try, by all accounts Lewi is currently leading the premiership stats of most missed tackles. Perhaps we should sacrifice his attacking ability for someone that will shore up that wing, your logic implies that we should? It takes just one decent break to score a try and then all of a sudden we're trying to play catch up with a midfield that are unable to create space for our hugely talented back 3.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 13:57
Most depressing to see PDP selected again.

Glos are flying at present and this could be a a bit of a miserable trip to Castle Grim for all concerned in green.

dooj106 (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 14:05
Quote:
Florida
Quote:
dooj106
Quote:
Florida

Which of out "attack minded midfielders" do you consider weak in defence? I would suggest Tiks is possibly the only one that fits into that bracket. Teams don't need to run through our midfield to score a try, by all accounts Lewi is currently leading the premiership stats of most missed tackles. Perhaps we should sacrifice his attacking ability for someone that will shore up that wing, your logic implies that we should? It takes just one decent break to score a try and then all of a sudden we're trying to play catch up with a midfield that are unable to create space for our hugely talented back 3.

Not at all. As I mentioned the defence has improved hugely over the last few games and that is down to all of the team (of which Lewington is a member!!). My point was that I can understand us persisting with Fergus & Luke in midfield as they will help with the defence which, has kept us in touch in the last few games going into final quarter. We have a better chance of winning games if we are in touch with the oppo in the final stages of a game than being all out attack early on and being 2/3 scores down as was happening earlier in the season

If we do find ourselves chasing the game (and thus need to change our approach), then yes they might not be the best option so you would then use the bench and have someone like Tonks come on as another distributer to help create that space you talk about to try and get us back in the game or even dare I say it win the game.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 14:57
Lewingon may be leading in missed tackles, but it doesn't tell the whole story. Of AP wingers only Nick Malouf of Leicester has made more tackles than him and only Josh Adams, Solomona and Malouf have played more minutes than him.

Whilst his tackle success percentage is below average for a wing (whose tend to be the lowest on a team as they can be left exposed in space more often) some of that is a symptom of playing out wide for a team under pressure. He's a better defender than a few of our other wings for me.

Steelman (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 16:31
I've got hope in my heart this time.Glaws have 14 players unavailable,which means we are being faced by a youthful squad team,who have been over performing so far. I think the rub of the green might just favour us tomorrow. Optimistic.(Sm50)

Narbia (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 01:02
Fingers crossed on this one.

Glaws seem to be using a young team to good effect.

I'm sure Lewi will get a try, I just hope 'big' Joe can be used/use himself to great effect.

#COYI. (Sm15)

peejay (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 06:20
Is PdP in line for a coaching role, can't see why else he's starting?

Steelman (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 08:06
Keeps him out of Greggs !

orsoncart (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 12:20
Is BBF injured or rested? If the latter, I would have him at TH rather than PDP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net