Latest News:

Another bonus point for Worcester
John H (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 21:13
Sale 18 Worcester 14

Re: Another bonus point for Worcester
Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 21:16
Got out of jail with that one though. Sale were a man down (red card) and losing 14 - 11 with 10 minutes to go, before scoring a try and closing it out.

Need to get something out of the trip to Kingsholm. Our away form doesn't bode well though.

Heaf (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 21:17
I thought they'd win so could be worse ...

Florida (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 21:18
Given sale were without a man for 34 minutes it could have been a lot worse than a bonus point.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 22:18
I was relieved to be honest . Means very little if we canít keep up with them

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 23:06
I'll take that, was expecting a worcester win so means that we're still gonna be within touching distance whatever happens tomorrow

Bazzo (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 23:16
Worcester were at home were they not? Playing the team just above them who only had 14 men for half the game?

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 23:21
The boys will be heartened I hope. Still games to play, if the gap widened it would affect them. No way they werenít keeping an eye on the game. Come on the boys this weekend

Cornish boy (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 22:34
As much as I want to remain positive, I have to admit that Worcester seem to have found their feet and are grinding out points in the last few matches and starting to build up some daylight between us both.

Call me Negative if you wish but I have sadly started to think that we may be watching the final season of a professional London Irish team. I can't thank Mick and Co enough for putting up their money when they did but I also wouldn't blame them if they draw a line under this season and refrain from the temptation of blowing yet another fist full of millions next year.

I yearn for the fact that people will quote this post back to me at the end of the season to remind me how wrong I was.

I remain a hugely loyal supporter and will laugh, shout, jump around, celebrate and cry till I have nothing left to give right up to the final whistle of the season in the hope we find our feet and pull something out of the bag but I truely fear the team are playing for more than just premiership survival.

From personal experience, carrying the weight of commercial survival as well as everything else on your shoulders is bad enough when you can draw upon years of experience. I feel for the three amigos who no doubt are feeling the weight of personal, player and supporter pressure increasing daily.

God only knows how you go about attraction and retention of players when the club is in the financial, commercial and league position it is in.

Please let time prove me wrong.

Finno (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 23:45
Quote:
Cornish boy
As much as I want to remain positive, I have to admit that Worcester seem to have found their feet and are grinding out points in the last few matches and starting to build up some daylight between us both.
Call me Negative if you wish but I have sadly started to think that we may be watching the final season of a professional London Irish team. I can't thank Mick and Co enough for putting up their money when they did but I also wouldn't blame them if they draw a line under this season and refrain from the temptation of blowing yet another fist full of millions next year.

I yearn for the fact that people will quote this post back to me at the end of the season to remind me how wrong I was.

I remain a hugely loyal supporter and will laugh, shout, jump around, celebrate and cry till I have nothing left to give right up to the final whistle of the season in the hope we find our feet and pull something out of the bag but I truely fear the team are playing for more than just premiership survival.

From personal experience, carrying the weight of commercial survival as well as everything else on your shoulders is bad enough when you can draw upon years of experience. I feel for the three amigos who no doubt are feeling the weight of personal, player and supporter pressure increasing daily.

God only knows how you go about attraction and retention of players when the club is in the financial, commercial and league position it is in.

Beautifully put, and I think that if most of us were really honest with ourselves we'd agree, despite our love for the club!

Narbia (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 23:51
Quote:
Cornish boy

Hear hear!

You've just put what I've been thinking for 6 months now. Sadly, it just has to be said, because it's becoming pretty obvious. (Sm17)

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 08:37
Yep unfortunately the future doesn't look good. Obviously come the 21st the usual optimism will of returned and I'll be confident in us getting a result against Worcester and saving our season but realistically that will be a real challenge.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net