Latest News:

GLAWS V L.I SCORES
mulledwinemarie (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 14:42
ok we have kick-off

GLAWS 0 - 0 IRISH

that is probably the Best the score will look today

MWM

GLORY GLORY LONDON IRISH - and loving it......

well I used to ...............

Re: GLAWS V L.I SCORES
02 December, 2017 14:49
glaws 7 - 0 rish

MWM

02 December, 2017 14:53
GLAWS 7 - 3 IRISH

MWM

02 December, 2017 14:55
GLASW 10 - 3 IRISH

MWM

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 14:59
Absolutely stiffed by the ref early on. Try ruled out for a knock on where the ball came off the knee, then Glaws awarded a try that was from a clearly forward pass that according to the TMO wasn't clear and obvious!

That's effectively a 14 point swing in a couple of minutes. Tough enough to win games without appalling refereeing.

02 December, 2017 15:00
YEP AND ANOTHER ONE

13 - 3

MWM

Florida (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 15:02
Yep, the ref isn't helping, mind you neither is Bell, he's having a bit of a mare.

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 15:06
That's 5 points Bell has left out there now (1 open, 1 conversion), should be 13-13 but instead we're still 5 points down!

02 December, 2017 15:10
glwas 13 - 8 irish

pdup scores try

bell misses conversion as well as a penalty before the try

comeonuiriiissssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

MWM

Florida (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 15:15
20-8

We're 12 down, but we're looking much better than last week. Joe has been causing a bit of trouble

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 15:17
Paice is a total idiot

Florida (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 15:19
Paice is red carded for all the ball challange

02 December, 2017 15:19
oh lord - come on uiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

MWM

Florida (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 15:20
Thats the game over then

02 December, 2017 15:22
paice red card on half time after off the ball handbags etc

so 10 minutes down to 14 - bl??dy hell

we never make it easy

MWM

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
Stupid from Paice, that will be a ban so could miss Worcester game

cjm. (IP Logged)
Always been like that, I know he is committed but should probably have been let go a couple of years ago.

cjm. (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 15:23
Quote:
mulledwinemarie

we never make it easy

40 minutes down to 14...

Florida (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 15:24
Quote:
mulledwinemarie

we never make it easy

10 minutes? Nope, 40 minutes down to 14

Finno (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 15:30
So infuriating to watch!!! Almost all the pain is self inflicted!! Silly penalties,missed kicks and then Paice..unbelievable...allowed himself to be wound up!

I despair!!

02 December, 2017 15:36
You could see that coming from him a mile off, he's so bloody predictable. Bit of afters after Lewington got dragged out with Heinz preventing the quick take. Then he does the same after a Glouc pen and chucks the ball away. Finally he thought he was wrongly penalised under our sticks from that turnover.

All the time he's cooking more and more. Just no self control and goes and does that. Deserved a good ban for it too and I'd rather he wasn't captain again.

SimonW (IP Logged)
No hand bags heinz milked it. Ran into H from a short distance without arms being open.e H walked off unaided but has failed hia

ExiledChameleon (IP Logged)
Quote:
cjm.
Always been like that, I know he is committed but should probably have been let go a couple of years ago.

2 years ago he was rubbish, but like Topsy seemed to have a new lease of life this season. Also, can we set up a poll on whether we should laugh or cry through the next 40 mins?

Florida (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 15:38
And now its going to turn into a cricket score. Marvellous.

cjm. (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 15:39
Quote:
ExiledChameleon
Quote:
cjm.

2 years ago he was rubbish, but like Topsy seemed to have a new lease of life this season. Also, can we set up a poll on whether we should laugh or cry through the next 40 mins?

Think it's called a "dead cat bounce" :-)

NMB (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 15:43
If they get the bonus point quickly we might get a tbp over the course of the second half as glos take their foot off of the gas....

Florida (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 15:45
Wait, there may be good news... PDP is getting medical attention!

I wouldn't really wish injury on anyone

cjm. (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 15:47
PDP's done ok today. He did get the try.

02 December, 2017 15:49
GLAWS 28 - 8 IRISH

MWM

Florida (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 15:50
27-8

Florida (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 15:51
Time to turn the stream off and go and do something much more productive.

02 December, 2017 15:51
OOOPPPSSSS

gordon reid on

wwelcome back - stay injury free

MWM

02 December, 2017 15:54
and another

glaws 34 - 8 irish

MWM

02 December, 2017 15:56
tryyyyyyyyyyyyy iris paulo#

34 - 13

conversion to come

MWM

02 December, 2017 15:57
34 - 15 irish

MWM

02 December, 2017 16:13
39-15

MWM

Florida (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 16:18
Gordon Reid subbed off again, marvellous

Shawshank (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 16:22
PDP and now Sicknote.

What a couple of absolute turkeys we signed as props.

I am rapidly losing the faith...

Horticbm (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 16:22
are we winning?

bigbitty (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 16:24
No, but we're learning the lessons and taking something positive away.

Horticbm (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 16:25
Like how to conceede?

02 December, 2017 16:28
Good fight at the end there to keep them out.

Frustrating game though.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 16:33
A predictable stuffing.

Yet again we make the oppo 10 look like a world-beater.

No doubt the youngsters like Parton, Brand and Atkins will go well in the next 2 weeksand then will discarded for the Wuss game in favour of our "star" players who fail week after week.

Horticbm (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 16:37
as the lookout on the Titanic said "Iceberg what Iceberg!!"

02 December, 2017 16:47
final score

39-15

loookS LIKE THE BENCH DEFENDED WELL IN THE LAST QUARTER.

MWM

Heaf (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 18:07
Perhaps we need to start passing the ball forwards as it seems that's allowed now - or is it only the opposition that can get away with it ... first Bath, now Glaws

02 December, 2017 18:35
Quote:
Heaf
Perhaps we need to start passing the ball forwards as it seems that's allowed now - or is it only the opposition that can get away with it ... first Bath, now Glaws

Leicester as well.

To be fair the ones today were more borderline than some of the ones in recent games.

harristocratt (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 19:37
Have we NEVER passed the ball forward and got away with?

Of course we haven't we just wouldn't do it. It isn't in our DNA.

We should get a 20 point start to the season given that everybody in the game is against us.

It was the same two years ago when we were only relegated because every decision went against us.

I just hope history doesn't repeat itself and that we get one break between now and the end of the season.

GHA (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 19:38
One break is all we need

Well, one break and a lot of other things

sad smiley

02 December, 2017 19:45
Quote:
harristocratt
Have we NEVER passed the ball forward and got away with?
Of course we haven't we just wouldn't do it. It isn't in our DNA.

We should get a 20 point start to the season given that everybody in the game is against us.

It was the same two years ago when we were only relegated because every decision went against us.

I just hope history doesn't repeat itself and that we get one break between now and the end of the season.

Really no need to be facetious. Don't think I've seen anyone suggesting refs are responsible for our league position

GHA (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 19:49
A lot of people point to specific decisions after games though

Gloucester BAZ (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 19:56
Quote:
SimonW
No hand bags heinz milked it. Ran into H from a short distance without arms being open.e H walked off unaided but has failed hia

What a really stupid comment. Did you check to see if Heinz came back on? well he didn't and if he's out injured for 6 weeks it will probably be less than the ban Paice will get? As a club in your position you need all the friends you can get.dissing Heinz (who is as tough as they come) won't get you any sympathy kingsholm way. well done to the balanced posters on here who could actually see what happened and haven't just made it up to suit their own agenda.

cjm. (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 20:16
Quote:
Gloucester BAZ
Quote:
SimonW

What a really stupid comment. Did you check to see if Heinz came back on? well he didn't and if he's out injured for 6 weeks it will probably be less than the ban Paice will get? As a club in your position you need all the friends you can get.dissing Heinz (who is as tough as they come) won't get you any sympathy kingsholm way. well done to the balanced posters on here who could actually see what happened and haven't just made it up to suit their own agenda.

Just what would get you sympathy kingsholm way? Just asking, never seen it happen.

Florida (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 23:19
I feel the dust has settled for me enough to return and comment. There are positives that can be taken from that game

Driving maul, it was looking like a real weapon
Defence, up until Paice went off, apart from one forward pass it was looking pretty good
Attack in general, we were actually making meters, I don't know if we would have made as many had McLean stayed on, but Fowlie seemed to really make a difference to the last few weeks.
Bell had a dreadful game, with a man down for an entire half we were very very unlikely to win or even get close. If you're going to have a bad day it might as well be in a game we're not going to get anything out of. Hopefully it's now out of his system, he's refocused in training and comes back stronger.

AlecW (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 04:50
Comes back stronger ... in about March/April.

Florida (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 09:52
Quote:
AlecW
Comes back stronger ... in about March/April.

You should probably read the post before trying to add a snippy little comment.

Heaf (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 12:04
Quote:
GHA
A lot of people point to specific decisions after games though

I'm not sure what wrong with wondering how the officials can't spot a pass that goes a clear 5 yards forwards like the one in the Bath game - there are even stripes in the grass that make it easier to see.

Questioning the officiating doesn't necessarily mean you're blaming them for the loss but in the case of the Bath game which was close it can't have helped.

bisach (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 13:50
Wavey Davey can't even remember to put his cards into his pocket before a game. How do you expect him to see a ball kicked forward, off the leg and nowhere near the hands. Or indeed, how to see a forward pass.

Heaf (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 14:01
Wavey Davey - that explains a lot ...

GHA (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 14:42
Why don't you say that to his face rather than anonymously on a message board?

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

04 December, 2017 15:06
Quote:
bisach
Wavey Davey can't even remember to put his cards into his pocket before a game. How do you expect him to see a ball kicked forward, off the leg and nowhere near the hands. Or indeed, how to see a forward pass.

Fowlie definitely knocked it on after it hit his knee. Could see it clearly from the second angle. Could argue that he only did so in the first place as he was being tackled without the ball, but it's all irrelevant now.

Ken I L Worth (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 15:07
You would know from the conversations with the Irish fans around us, genuinely knowledgeable and good fun. If yer man hadn't done what he did, I think you could have got a bonus point...we stretched the extra man, but if you had the full side and if you'd kept it tight and kept running off the maul you could have ground out possession and hard yards.

Ref was strange for both sides on his interpretation of tackle and maul but did feel that Irish (as happens to most clubs down the bottom) didn't get the 50/50 calls from the ref...oh yes we know that feeling!

Your too good to go down , but not quite strong enough to move up the table.

Good luck for the rest of the season, we are honestly pinching ourselves and can't believe what a new coach has delivered in no time...read into that what you will about your so called 3 amigos winking smiley

bisach (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 17:22
Quote:
GHA

Believe me, I would. I did try once to talk to a referee at the end of a Saints game (away) who was walking towards us, but he saw some supporters walk towards him ... and turned around and quickly walked away.

GHA (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 17:58
Quote:
bisach
Quote:
GHA

Believe me, I would. I did try once to talk to a referee at the end of a Saints game (away) who was walking towards us, but he saw some supporters walk towards him ... and turned around and quickly walked away.

Hahaha

Ruckingood (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 06:26
Quote:
Florida
I feel the dust has settled for me enough to return and comment. There are positives that can be taken from that game
Driving maul, it was looking like a real weapon
Defence, up until Paice went off, apart from one forward pass it was looking pretty good
Attack in general, we were actually making meters, I don't know if we would have made as many had McLean stayed on, but Fowlie seemed to really make a difference to the last few weeks.
Bell had a dreadful game, with a man down for an entire half we were very very unlikely to win or even get close. If you're going to have a bad day it might as well be in a game we're not going to get anything out of. Hopefully it's now out of his system, he's refocused in training and comes back stronger.

A positive yet pragmatic review Florida. I think that barring the captain's unforgivable moment of insanity, no doubt brought on by two of the most ridiculous reffing decisions I have witnessed at this level (no excuse for thugery though), there were positives. Finally we got to see Joe and Jimmy having a crack at breaking the line, we ran a ball out of our own try line and our defense was excellent with only 14 on the field. There is improvement and I still feel that we are close to turning a corner that is proving quite long, not the hairpin we have been hoping for. It comes down to confidence. If you watch the boys heads drop after we have a try disallowed and they then score off a blatant forward pass, it was almost as if the team were thinking.. here we go again... work hard and things still dont go our way. The next prem game has to be a win.. break the hoodoo and get the gorilla off our backs - we are not even half way yet through the season and now is not the time ofr the team to give up, far less us as supporters. Try to keep the faith and hope that the coaches get their acto together and let the team flow more and try things.

Tightarse (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 13:22
I cannot believe the editor and so called moderators have allowed this vile comment to be made.
This human skid mark is making a comment and wishing injury upon one of his OWN players.What a piece of work he/she is! When things get difficult for a team rats this this thing turn on their own to salvage some semblance of preservation.
He/she thinks then by adding, not wanting to really wish injury on a player is a token and completely mitigates his/her statement. I'm sure he/she thought he/she was hilarious.
Absolute shame on you and greater shame on the invertebrates who allow this appallingly treacherous comment to be made!
Who needs opposition fans when LI's own tolerate and appease such odious hate filled comments.
Crawl back into your sewer.

Griff (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 13:28
I must've missed that one. To which comment do you refer?

Tightarse (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 22:03
I was referring to the comment made by someone called Florida, who thought it was decent to suggest PDP requiring medical attention was positive.
Why on earth do you think such vile thoughts, then make them into a comment. The moderators seem to think such talk is ok. For other fans to say nothing? For the moderators to allow such comments? Shame on the lot of you

cjm. (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 23:00
Quote:
Tightarse
I was referring to the comment made by someone called Florida, who thought it was decent to suggest PDP requiring medical attention was positive.
Why on earth do you think such vile thoughts, then make them into a comment. The moderators seem to think such talk is ok. For other fans to say nothing? For the moderators to allow such comments? Shame on the lot of you

Is you @#$%& so tight it's impossible to remove the stick that's up it.

The comment was clearly tongue in cheek ( as the note underneath shows ). There really does seem to be far too many uptight and literal types on this board. It's chatter, nothing more.

Griff (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 09:14
Quote:
Tightarse

Since you're clearly not paying attention I kinda am the moderator around here. There used to be others but they got busy and had to drop out. Hence my question. Interestingly Florida PM'd me fairly quickly to highlight the comment and, while I wasn't particularly impressed with it, it wasn't exactly actionable. If anyone disagrees they're more than welcome to debate it with me (here or on PM/email) but I think I get the balance between letting people have their say and keeping the peace somewhere near right, again feel free to disagree.

The thing is, this site is mostly self-policing. If someone says something out of line it's far better for a majority of users to correct them than it is for me to wade-in with my Moderator hat on and digital eraser at-the-ready. If we go down the route of the latter I can guarantee I'll delete stuff you care about at some point (simply because I might miss nuance while making sure no-one gets upset).

Finno (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 13:33
Quote:
Griff
Quote:
Tightarse

Since you're clearly not paying attention I kinda am the moderator around here. There used to be others but they got busy and had to drop out. Hence my question. Interestingly Florida PM'd me fairly quickly to highlight the comment and, while I wasn't particularly impressed with it, it wasn't exactly actionable. If anyone disagrees they're more than welcome to debate it with me (here or on PM/email) but I think I get the balance between letting people have their say and keeping the peace somewhere near right, again feel free to disagree.

The thing is, this site is mostly self-policing. If someone says something out of line it's far better for a majority of users to correct them than it is for me to wade-in with my Moderator hat on and digital eraser at-the-ready. If we go down the route of the latter I can guarantee I'll delete stuff you care about at some point (simply because I might miss nuance while making sure no-one gets upset).

well said Grif, I think you are absolutely right!

Steelman (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 13:55
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. (Sm24)

Tightarse (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 21:43
Stick is out now. So we're ok to debate what we like?
I haven't seen many fans tongue in or out of cheek making fun of one of their own being injured.

It's ok, I think Florida is an absolute w*nker.

Really I wouldn't want anyone to think Florida is a w*nker.

Moderator stand aside

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net