rugbyunion
Latest News:

Falling Away
tonyh50 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 18:04
[size=medium]Worcs gained another valuable LBP yesterday and today we were not only comprehensively out played but have lost our first choice hooker for at least 3 games and come away with nothing. We are now 6 points behind Worcs (who seem to be improving each week) and 12 behind the next placed team.
We have 2 AP matches before the end of the year and being honest the only team we have a chance against is Worcs away and unles we can come away with a win (a LBP be of little use) we will be into the New Year entrenched in last position facing an almost insurmountable task to, on current performance, to gain enough points to ensure our safety.
Few of our ‘vaunted’ signings have shown signs that they are capable of creating a difference at Premiership level and our coaches seem to be running out of meaningful ideas to turn things round.
I’m not sure what the answer is, we don’t have the funds to bring in the quality of players needed to change things and indeed if the rumours that the club is up for sale are true few would want to come to us anyway.
The only hope for us would seem to be the idea of ‘ring fencing’ the Premiership but that will probably be a year too late for us?.
I will still attend matches and go to Worcs on the 22nd to cheer the boys on but my expectations and hopes are not high./size]

Re: Falling Away
HK Phooey (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 18:09
Is this now a standard post after every game

tonyh50 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 18:17
Not a standard post at all, I don’t often post - but I believe a realistic summary of our current position and not ‘through the rose tinted glasses approch’ that some people seem to adopt on here.

Fanski (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 13:12
Is this now a standard post after every game

no but making sarky comments from behind a pc screen is

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net