rugbyunion
Latest News:

Teams up!
Aiden1011 (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 11:25
15 Greig Tonks, 14 Joe Cokanasiga, 13 Fergus Mulchrone (c), 12 Luke McLean, 11 Alex Lewington, 10 James Marshall, 9 Ben Meehan, 1 Ben Franks, 2 Saia Fainga’a, 3 Petrus Du Plessis, 4 Franco van der Merwe, 5 Teofilo Paulo, 6 Mike Coman, 7 Blair Cowan, 8 Ofisa Treviranus

Replacements: 16 Tom Woolstencroft, 17 Gordon Reid, 18 Lovejoy Chawatama, 19 Sebastian De Chaves, 20 Max Northcote-Green, 21 Scott Steele, 22 Tommy Bell, 23 Aseli Tikoirotuma

Re: Teams up!
PV (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 11:32
The oppo

Warriors
15 Chris Pennell
14 Bryce Heem
13 Jackson Willison
12 Ryan Mills
11 Josh Adams
10 Jono Lance
9 Francois Hougaard
1 Ethan Waller
2 Jack Singleton
3 Nick Schonert
4 Donncha O’Callaghan (C)
5 Will Spencer
6 David Denton
7 Sam Lewis
8 GJ van Velze

Replacements
16 Joe Taufete’e
17 Ryan Bower
18 Gareth Milasinovich
19 Darren Barry
20 Alafoti Faosiliva
21 Michael Dowsett
22 Sam Olver
23 Perry Humphreys

Florida (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 11:39
FFS!

RodB (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 11:46
Isn't stupidity defined as doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different outcome? I so hope I get to be wearing copious egg on face tomorrow, but with several of those selection .......

Shawshank (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 11:50
No doubt Tommy has been benched due to his dreadful game against Edinburgh.

But then PDP starts - despite the guy being utterly useless all season. Hoskins should have started.

And why have Tiks on the bench when the likes of Loader and Williams have done OK in recent weeks?

I hope for a win but realistically a LBP is more likely.

PV (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 11:53
They’re in better form and a better team. It would be miraculous (and amazing) if we win this. Here’s hoping...

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 11:57
Quote:
Shawshank
No doubt Tommy has been benched due to his dreadful game against Edinburgh.
But then PDP starts - despite the guy being utterly useless all season. Hoskins should have started.

And why have Tiks on the bench when the likes of Loader and Williams have done OK in recent weeks?

I hope for a win but realistically a LBP is more likely.

I suspect Hoskins is out for some reason as Lovejoy is on the bench.

To be fair PdP actually had a decent game against Gloucester.

Definitely a Dad's army feel to the pack though.

adam_irish (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 12:14
Hi everyone New to the thread,

Definitely looking forward to watching the back 3 in action together again.

Who is going to be taking all the kicks? points will be a priority.

tatthecraic2 (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 12:21
Luke mclean is pedestrian at best.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 12:29
Quote:
adam_irish
Hi everyone New to the thread,
Definitely looking forward to watching the back 3 in action together again.

Who is going to be taking all the kicks? points will be a priority.

Tonks took all the kicks v Stade F and did well, he is a good kicker. I have to say that it is a better option attack wise to have Tonks there. He has very good hands and runs good lines. His performance v Stade was good enough to earn a starting spot and I am in agreement with it. Marshall at fly half also is way better attacking wise, so instead of all the doomsayers, "I hope for the win, but"....... "I hope I'm wearing egg on my face but"... I am going to go for a bonus point win, and I hope I'm not wrong.

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 12:35
Not convinced that we can win with the selected team. Wouldn't start with Tonks, McLean, Du Plessis. Would rather see Bell,Williams and Franks with Gordon Reid starting at Loosehead.

Where is the kicker in that team?

I hope I am wrong and get to eat humble mince pies.

adam_irish (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 12:40
We have to win there isnt any option.
The team has the step up to the next level.
We must trust Nick with his selection.

Worcester has a good team out and we must match it!

I predict Irish win but a very close game.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 12:49
I presume Hoskins is injured and I must admit when I saw the team I felt a tinge of disappointment. But on reflection I'm feeling a little more confident and am backing the boys to do the job. Say what you like about McLean but his defence is superb which could be the difference tomorrow. Plus I think our bench Is stronger than theirs but we will see

PhantomExile (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 17:40
New poster as well (had an old account I rarely used and had forgotten login information for), evening all.

Absolutely agree that our bench is stronger. If in the game by 60 minutes we have a real chance. McLean is a strong defender, so can definitely understand logic behind his selection even if not the obvious choice.
Really hope we can get our back 3 on the ball, and front foot ball at that. If we can match their pack we've got a real chance.

Irish by 4! COYI

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 19:17
The Worcester board saying they will get 5 points out if the game against our suspect defence. Hope we can prove a few people wrong (especially BT Sport) and get a result.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

The Sligo Rover (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 08:52
I suspect that our defence is suspect.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 19:11
Mulchrone and Franks late withdrawals. Reid and Fowlie into the team. Elrington onto the bench.

RodB (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 09:28
Reid in for Franks was a bonus. Scrum was rock solid whilst he was on the pitch, albeit schonert had gone off.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net