Latest News:

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 09:04
Some more info on a few injuries including confirmation in an article about PdP today that Nalaga and Hobbs-Awoyemi are out for the season.

When you are the bottom of the table, as the Exiles are ahead of their crucial clash against Worcester on Friday night, luck is a rare commodity. Napolioni Nalaga, their star signing from Lyon, breaks his arm on his first start, undergoes surgery and picks up an infection that rules him out for the season. Prop Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi snaps his Achilles in the third game of the season and is also out for the season. In November, hooker Darren Dawidiuk reveals he is fighting testicular cancer. On Thursday it is announced that flanker Josh McNally has a small hole in his heart, which requires surgery. The list goes on.

Re: Injuries
jimbo800 (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 09:41
Losing those players has had a big impact I feel. We knew going into the season what our match day would probably look like. For me, Hobbs was a nailed on starter, exactly the kind of prop that the prem is seeing more of. Nalaga would have been in my 22 for about half the games I think. We lost Coman and Ferg at a terrible time, we needed to get about seven or eight games into the season relatively unscathed to put ourselves in a decent position going into the Christmas period. We lost our two defensive lynch pins. McNally had just made it into a team of the week whilst playing in a losing team and out of position. He would start every prem game if he was fit. Reid didnít get a proper start to the season, another key signing.
These arenít the reasons weíre struggling but I think that if we had a few more of these guys fit at the beginning of the season, Iíd be far more positive going into two crucial games this Christmas.

harristocratt (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 11:09
The Times covered our problems in a long article today.

I have no idea how to do the linky thing.

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 16:45
Hopefully LI had insurance cover of this will allow us to look at replacements.

x_ile (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 18:00
It's a subscription only article and quite lengthy. If anyone wants to see it, I'll cut & paste.

Makes for really depressing reading and not the sort of thing anyone would wish on any club, particularly not on a newly promoted side.

Sod's Law, of course, decrees that this is the kind of misfortune that befalls any club needing all the help and luck it can get.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 19:09
Speaking of injuries, Franks and mulchrone ruled out tonight. Going to be a tough night I fear

Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 08:40
It's a subscription only article and quite lengthy. If anyone wants to see it, I'll cut & paste.

Suspect Griff would have a fit on copyright grounds if you did!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/12/2017 08:45 by Foggy-Balla.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing