rugbyunion
Latest News:

Thought for the supporters
Finno (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 14:20
In response to the 'thought for the player's' I thought I'd start this one!

We, like many others made the trip to Worcester yesterday, on the worst day of the year to travel, because this was the big one, and they needed all the support they could get!

We all took a days leave, left Sussex at 12:00 to avoid the worst of the traffic. 3.5 hours later we arrive, contribute to the Worcester economy by £70 for grub and refreshments. Add that to the £100 plus for tickets, and £30- 40 in petrol, and we didn't get home until after 01:00! I'm also sure that many spent much more.

We did our bit, and what did we get in return, an inept performance that completely belied the importance of the match. If they'd played to their potential and lost, then fair enough, but we were woeful and an embarrassment! I actually felt kind of cheated as we drove home in silence, a first for us.

A massive shake up is required, and a lot of asses need serious kicking!

It's taken me until now(Sat afternoon) to comment on the farce that last night was. We don't deserve to stay up!

Re: Thought for the supporters
Exilesqueen (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 15:21
Well said Finno.

We also took the day off work and stayed over last night as we thought to celebrate a win, however, that was not to be and we spent the evening back in the hotel bar mulling over the game. We all still said we will support Irish whatever league they are in and the majority are resigned to the fact that we cannot see a win coming, and before the whingers start we are not being negative just realistic.

The one thing we all commented on was how the team made no effort to come and thank the fans for travelling to see them, yes they were disappointed to have lost, but so were we and lots had made large efforts to get there to cheer them on.

We will all be back next week at the Mad Stad to shout out loud and proudly wave our LI flags, all we ask for is a little bit of acknowledgment that we have traveled to see them at away games.

EastStandMan (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 15:22
I agree with this post 100% and feel exactly the same

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/12/2017 15:23 by EastStandMan.

tonyh50 (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 16:53
Fino, you are exactly right I think the feelings of the travelling supporters (we were sitting next to you) you sum up well. There is no recognition from the team for the efforts and costs we put in to travel to see them perform poorly and that only adds to our disappointment.
I thought your action of (almost) binning your flags on the way out summed up my feelings of dejection at the level of performance we witness week after week with no signs that encourage hope that things are improving in any shape or form. I have just re-watched the match and in some ways it was more painful viewing, the litany of missed tackles, poor handling, wasteful kicking and basic defensive errors compounded my feeling that for us this season is over. We are 10 points behind Worcs and 14 behind Northampton which the way we are playing is an insurmountable gap, realistically we are not Premiership material.
As the wife said when I got home this morning at least we can have a nice break in Jersey again!.

Bill the chip (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 17:11
Also made the journey, but would like to add Big Joe and Lovejoy did come over!

Exilesqueen (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 18:41
Bill, that was because you were by the tunnel, made no effort for the majority in the opposite stand, unless you are their family!

Bill the chip (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 19:03
We, as you know are identical triplets!! Only our mum can tell us apart......

LLL (IP Logged)
23 December, 2017 19:19
Me too, girls. Still here, what a fantastic city! What a terrific crowd last night, almost 10,000 a packed house having a great start to Christmas.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net