rugbyunion
Latest News:

What changes need to be made?
Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 14:46
We have a big game in two days time against Newcastle so there's not a lot of changes that can be made beforehand behind the scenes wise but what we can change is the starting line up! Think kendo has to be bold and has to be more attacking so I would like to see...
Reid
Faingaa
Hoskins / Lovejoy
Franco
Paulo
Coman
Cowan
Treviranus
Steele
Marshall
Cokanasiga
Williams
Mulchrone if fit ( if not then fowlie)
Lewington
Tonks

Woolstencroft
Elrington
Hoskins/lovejoy
De chaves
Lasha
Meehan
Ransom
Loader

Re: What changes need to be made?
olw131 (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 16:10
Reid
Faingaa
Hoskins
Paulo
De Chaves
Coman
Cowan
Treviranus

Steele
Marshall
Lewi
Williams
Mulchrone
Cokanasiga
Bell

Woolstencroft
Elrington
Franks
FVDM
Gilsenan (is he fit?)
Meehan
Ransom
Tonks

I hope we get some joy against Newcastle's back row. Bell must be back as we're missing his goalkicking, hopefully he will have had a nice break to refocus & will be back on top form. Please

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 09:23
Like this team. We need an in form Tommy Bell. Hopefully LI have terminated the kicking coach's contract as Bell was previously an 80%+ kicker until that appointment. Assuming both are linked,

Narbia (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 09:48
Quote:
Hugo.LI
We have a big game in two days time against Newcastle so there's not a lot of changes that can be made beforehand behind the scenes wise but what we can change is the starting line up! Think kendo has to be bold and has to be more attacking so I would like to see...
Reid
Faingaa
Hoskins / Lovejoy
Franco
Paulo
Coman
Cowan
Treviranus
Steele
Marshall
Cokanasiga
Williams
Mulchrone if fit ( if not then fowlie)
Lewington
Tonks

Woolstencroft
Elrington
Hoskins/lovejoy
De chaves
Lasha
Meehan
Ransom
Loader

thumbs down

If only....then we'd stand some chance of actually winning this.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 11:08
Quote:
paulm1953
Like this team. We need an in form Tommy Bell. Hopefully LI have terminated the kicking coach's contract as Bell was previously an 80%+ kicker until that appointment. Assuming both are linked,

Bell's actually kicking at 82.86% in the AP this season, so no drama on that front.

On the team, I'd be tempted to go with Mulchrone/Tiks in the centre. The latter can be a bit of a horror show occasionally, but would be a little more dangerous going forward.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 11:48
We desperately need some go-forward in the centre.

I know Joe's incredibly inexperienced but he's about our only back who seems able to break a tackle, and he seems to be totally wasted on the wing, never seeing any ball until the match is effectively over.

Surely it could be worth having him at 12 in attacking plays to see what he can do?

And in defensive plays he can be switched back to the wing.

LLL (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 00:26
Quote:
Shawshank
We desperately need some go-forward in the centre.
I know Joe's incredibly inexperienced but he's about our only back who seems able to break a tackle, and he seems to be totally wasted on the wing, never seeing any ball until the match is effectively over.

Surely it could be worth having him at 12 in attacking plays to see what he can do?

And in defensive plays he can be switched back to the wing.

That flexibility we had moving Steff into the centre for example at attacking scrums.

I can’t see what I’ve written because of a *****ing advert by the army taking up most of my screen hot damn

DaveTVT (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 20:15
Giving JC a run out in the centres would be an excellent move imho. i like JW and TF in the middle but play JC alongside Fergus and see what they can do as an option.

Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:36
What needs to change? Sod sentiment and giving them a chance etc - the coaching staff need to be changed ASAP. This is elite level sport and a business, both are currently failing miserably under the current regime.

MarkS (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:48
Thanks Ajax - that’s insightful and innovative thinking

Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:50
I guess we shouldn’t be surprised really, we spent all of last season scoring rolling maul / pick and go tries and not really trying anything inventive against weaker opposition.

w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:52
Hi,Wuss fan in peace.
Brendan Venter is far by the most experienced member of your coaching staff.Correct me if I'm wrong.Is NK using him correctly? Should he have more input? Would it be feasible for Venter to take charge?

Paul_D (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 23:02
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Hi,Wuss fan in peace.
Brendan Venter is far by the most experienced member of your coaching staff.Correct me if I'm wrong.Is NK using him correctly? Should he have more input? Would it be feasible for Venter to take charge?

We were told today that BV will be with us pretty much full time for the rest of the season.

Narbia (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 23:10
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Hi,Wuss fan in peace.

Brendan Venter is not a coach here - he's more of a technical director(sic). Anyway he has a role with SA rugby, Italian rugby, and is a general practitioner to boot. In his eleven seconds spare time away from his family in SA, he's an advisor here too.

Half the season gone, it's just a little bit late in the day to hire anyone, however experienced. Assuming they had the funds, which I very much doubt they have.

This is NK's first season in the AP so he wouldn't know how to 'use' Venter. I would have thought the other way round should be the case.

The crux of the matter is that the club is playing in a league in which it doesn't have the resources to compete in.

MarkS (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 00:14
Narbia - Just like Ajax - insightful and innovative comments based on no knowledge whatsoever

Narbia (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 00:48
Quote:
MarkS
Narbia - Just like Ajax - insightful and innovative comments based on no knowledge whatsoever

@MarkS - ad hominen attack without any attempt at counter argument.

Maybe you'd like to correct the misinformation with your wisdom and detailed inside information?

paddym (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 08:42
Quote:
Paul_D
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Hi,Wuss fan in peace.

We were told today that BV will be with us pretty much full time for the rest of the season.

Apart from his time with Italy during Six Nations which is over 6/7 weeks when LI certainly won’t lose any players and could do with him full time. Let’s be honest it is a ridiculous situation and needs sorting ASAP. He should go IMHO.

GHA (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:09
If the Doc was gonna change anything it would've happened by now

The powers that be need to change everything

PV (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:35
Maybe Venter didn’t want to get in too deep for a couple of reasons:

- the current crop wanted to prove theiy could make it happen (epic fail)
- had he got involved he may not have made the difference required and that potential outcome led him to keep his distance.

We don’t seem to be able to ween ourselves off the halcyon days (albeit not many of them) by continuing to stick with ex players leading the set up. It can work, but even Leicester had to mix it up and they’re a significantly stronger club than us.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 17:21
Quote:
GHA

In fairness you are relentless in your crusade to get the coaches sacked. Who are the powers that be?

GHA (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 20:57
Quote:
Bazzo
Quote:
GHA

In fairness you are relentless in your crusade to get the coaches sacked. Who are the powers that be?

I don't want the coaches sacked, I want us to stay up

Powers that be are the people who hired Kennedy et al

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net