rugbyunion
Latest News:

Meeting before the Game
EastStandMan (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 14:24
Hi All

Happy new year to you

I missed the meeting before the game & wondered if anyone who attended could do a quick summary of what was discussed?

Many thanks

Re: Meeting before the Game
GHA (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 15:30
That's not how this message board works

Xprop (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:02
Quote:
GHA
That's not how this message board works

What?!

Paul_D (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:17
Quote:
Xprop

What?!

I think what he means is you're only allowed to post on here if you're going to slag off the team, the coaches and hilariously end every post with #prayformallinder

Asking a genuine question about a Q&A session where some relevant information might have been shared simply isn't the done thing. Heaven forbid someone could end up saying something positive.

FWIW, a few highlights that I can remember:

McNally expected back in training in the next couple of weeks, as is Dawiduck, amazingly.

The team are in favour of ring fencing and see it as an opportunity for us to better develop our young talent.

There is still a very positive atmosphere around the club, both with coaches and players.

Dr V. is coming over very soon and will be with us for a significant amount of time between now and the end of the season.

EastStandMan (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:19
Thank you Paul_D, it's appreciated ☺

Shawshank (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:29
In amongst this love-in did anyone have the balls to ask why we kick so much good possession away?

Sounds like a bunch of cheer-leading groupies attend these things and unquestioningly swallow up anything the club says.

DaveTVT (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:40
[/quote]
I think what he means is you're only allowed to post on here if you're going to slag off the team, the coaches and hilariously end every post with #prayformallinder

Asking a genuine question about a Q&A session where some relevant information might have been shared simply isn't the done thing.
[/quote]

Thanks Paul.

I'm intrigued as to how this message board should work, if it's not a place for an exchange of information. Maybe it really is just a place for funny hashtags, ranting, one way criticism at those who won't/can't reply, and witty repetitive remarks....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2017 18:46 by DaveTVT.

Steelman (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:47
Hi Paul,
How's the PR job going with the club? I can positvely say that that I have always found this forum respectful to both players and coaches,and happy clapping might work for you but I and many others have to work in in a world where constructive criticism is welcomed.
Neither the team coaches or punters should be proud of our efforts this year, and we reserve our right to speak. Keep clapping your hands and singing if it works for you.

GHA (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:18
Quote:
Paul_D
Quote:
Xprop

What?!

Asking a genuine question about a Q&A session where some relevant information might have been shared simply isn't the done thing. Heaven forbid someone could end up saying something positive.

FWIW, a few highlights that I can remember:

McNally expected back in training in the next couple of weeks, as is Dawiduck, amazingly.

The team are in favour of ring fencing and see it as an opportunity for us to better develop our young talent.

There is still a very positive atmosphere around the club, both with coaches and players.

Dr V. is coming over very soon and will be with us for a significant amount of time between now and the end of the season.

USUALLY people who go to meetings aren't allowed to tell the rest of us what was said at those meetings. This thread has broken the mould

Paul_D (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:30
Quote:
Shawshank
In amongst this love-in did anyone have the balls to ask why we kick so much good possession away?
Sounds like a bunch of cheer-leading groupies attend these things and unquestioningly swallow up anything the club says.

So why donít you join in the next members event, put your hand up and ask your probing, insightful questions instead of hiding behind your keyboard, throwing petty insults at those of us who do attend?

Shawshank (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:38
Well done for your sweet cheerleading Paul.

I, for one, have no desire for an OBN from the coaches.

DaveTVT (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:49
So rather than ask a man a searching question to his face, you come on here and type it out in a place where the player or coach will either not read it, or not bother\be able to reply? I'm as keen to see the team improve as anyone, but being a keyboard warrior is better suited to a football forum.

You might as well talk to the mirror fella.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2017 19:50 by DaveTVT.

MarkS (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:55
Steelmsn - show me one piece of constructive criticism on this board in the last 3 months please!
SS - somethings never change - your suggestion of OBN if you support the coaches is typically you but you carry on sniping as Iím sure itís constructive to someone - if only to your own little clique of whingers

GHA (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:17
DaveTVT, funny hashtags?

#bleedgreen

#strongertogether

Paul_D (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:52
Quote:
GHA
DaveTVT, funny hashtags?
#bleedgreen

#strongertogether

#prayformallinder

GHA (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:53
Quote:
Paul_D
Quote:
GHA
DaveTVT, funny hashtags?
#bleedgreen

#strongertogether

#prayformallinder

Exactly

DaveTVT (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:16
Hashtags are like lighting candles after a terrorist attack or a tradegy. They engender a collective sense of togetherness, but ultimately are utterly meaningless and change nothing.

GHA (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:31
Quote:
DaveTVT
Hashtags are like lighting candles after a terrorist attack or a tradegy. They engender a collective sense of togetherness, but ultimately are utterly meaningless and change nothing.

Preaching to the converted

#bleedgreen

#strongertogether

Paul_D (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:33
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
Paul_D
Quote:
GHA
DaveTVT, funny hashtags?
#bleedgreen

#strongertogether

#prayformallinder

Exactly

Mate, please stop embarrassing yourself. You are actually coming across as a petulant teenager and I assume youíre an adult in real life.

DaveTVT (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:37
Yep, come on GHA that's not how this message board works....is there an echo in here????

GHA (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:44
Assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups

Paul_D (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 23:08
Quote:
GHA
Assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups

Q. E. D.

GHA (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 23:15
#QED

waltham (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 23:22
Quote:
Paul_D
Quote:
Shawshank

So why donít you join in the next members event, put your hand up and ask your probing, insightful questions instead of hiding behind your keyboard, throwing petty insults at those of us who do attend?

(Sm152)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net