rugbyunion
Latest News:

DOR talk has done the job!!!
Horticbm (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 15:46
Only 9-20 down at half time, Sarries 17 Worcs 17...

Re: DOR talk has done the job!!!
GrahamAlba (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 15:50
It just gets worse and worse. Not a brain cell between them.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 15:50
Wuss didnít mess around, next years coach Solomonís is already at wuss. Heís been training them for ages which is why theyíre doing so well. They knew they needed to make a dramatic change. They donít have th noose around their neck anymore. When they were bottom they were poor, now they know weíre far worse, they play with freedom and the results are showing.

Horticbm (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 15:51
Kennedy has got to go........get someone in who knows what to do, I fear that may be too late

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 15:57
I still think Kennedy should stay, he needs better coaches. Heís in an impossible position, the coaches who are letting him down are his mates, it makes life very hard when you have to make he tough call the get rid of them.
When we lost Booth, we lost our entire academy group because he was their guy, their academy coach originally. Kennedy is the coach for the prem winning group, if he went, a club would employ simply because of the access and relationship he has with that talented group. Dodge and danaher need to go, Kennedy stays but with the right help. What can nic do when the coaches let him down week after week.

ardoyneirish (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 15:57
Quote:
Horticbm
Kennedy has got to go........get someone in who knows what to do, I fear that may be too late

Fella itís already too late!! There is no magic series of wins coming up in the new year. Warriors are being pragmatic and sensible regarding new coaches for next season already whilst we stick with the three amigos when we all know they are not up to the job.

I donít believe they will get the boot and we will be stuck with them next year again in the championship.... but donít worry as we have fantastic training facilities!!!!!í

GHA (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:00
Quote:
jimbo800
Kennedy is the coach for the prem winning group

Still not clear whether we won the proper academy league or some league the under 18s were in...

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:01
It was the proper league. All the big teams were in it, and we won. Weíve never had a problem getting talent. We just couldnít keep or utilise it.

GHA (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:03
You sure? All the big teams could be in the under 18 league too

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:07
Come to think of it, I doubt there is an academy league. But under 18 is pretty much the same thing, just in the academy early stage. The next step would be the A league. I remember watching the Under 19 national final which Irish won years ago, it was the academy. Kevin Barrett and rob hoadley were playing in that Irish team.

BREN D (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:12
ESPN stats horrendous in Falcons` favour:

75% Territory, 66% Possession, 234 Metres run V 152 by Irish. A team just cannot expect to win in such context.

Jamo (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:34
Reality check. We have never recovered from the mass exodus when Kennedy, Maps, Cattt, Delon, Stefff, Big Bob, ad nausium left/ retired etc. From that time on we have been second class. We will get relegated. We might come back. F*ck all to do with the coaching. We are a second tier club and always will be. Donít be deluded that will anything different.

Horticbm (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:36
Quins 31 Saints 0...not even half time

MontrealExile (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:44
Well said Jamo......

ME

RUGBY PLAYERS DO IT WITH LEATHER BALLS

GHA (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 16:46
I disagree, if our recruitment and retention had been different things would be different. We haven't spent money wisely nor made wise decisions

Jamo (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:00
Quote:
GHA
I disagree, if our recruitment and retention had been different things would be different. We haven't spent money wisely nor made wise decisions

Well; if you had a strategy to rebuild after we had the heart ripped out following the losses that I have referred to youíd be a genius. Our recruitment was great. Our retention was/ is terrible because we havenít got the £ clout. Simple.

LLL (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:13
Quote:
Jamo
Reality check. We have never recovered from the mass exodus when Kennedy, Maps, Cattt, Delon, Stefff, Big Bob, ad nausium left/ retired etc. From that time on we have been second class. We will get relegated. We might come back. F*ck all to do with the coaching. We are a second tier club and always will be. Donít be deluded that will anything different.

I agree that the two seasons when we lost 29 players / staff decimated us, but 2nd tier? Weíve only been out of the Premiership once in this era...several others have too, and come back way stronger.

We were awful prior to Mike Catt arriving (although Iíd say pound for pound we are even worse today) and look how quickly we became a leading force. We can replicate that, we arenít automatically down and out forever, surely?

And imo coaching has everyth8ng to do with it. Accountability sits right there.

GHA (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:14
Franze, Warwick, Sa, van de Linde, Waldouck etc

I didn't mean retention was bad in that we let people go, I meant it was bad in that we kept people we shouldn't

olw131 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:30
It's not even that. We could have won today, Newcastle were handing field position to us on a warm china plate.

It's because our backs decide not to run onto the ball and play with any sort of fluidity like any other top-flight team in the world until it's 5 mins to go and far too late.

Marry that with inept kicking and you have yourself a useless lump of turd of a club that we find ourselves supporting. We're an absolute joke. No wonder we can't get bums on seats when our players can't run with a rugby ball in their hands. It's not rocket science and it's not down to poor recruitment.

Rinse and bloody repeat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2017 17:51 by olw131.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:41
Quote:
olw131
It's not even that. We could have won today, Newcastle were handing field position to us on a warm China plate.
It's because our backs decide not to run onto the ball and play with any sort of fluidity like any other top-flight team in the world until it's 5 mins to go and far too late.

Marry that with inept kicking and you have yourself a useless lump of turd of a club that we find ourselves supporting. We're an absolute joke. No wonder we can't get bums on seats when our players can't run with a rugby ball in their hands. It's not rocket science and it's not down to poor recruitment.

Rinse and bloody repeat.

Very much so.

The gormless tactics of aimlessly kicking away possession until the last 5 mins of every match is clearly down to our coaches. Joe had ONE PASS all game...!

What a complete joke.

The utter embarrassing shambles of our backs play is also down to the coaches.

There has been absolutely zero improvement the entire season.

We are an utter laughing stock.

Portcullis Irish (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 17:58
Cant disagree with the tenor of these messages but single biggest issue is not having a 10 who runs the team A solid player aka Stephen Myer has been desperately needed for seasons

cjm. (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:53
Quote:
Portcullis Irish
Cant disagree with the tenor of these messages but single biggest issue is not having a 10 who runs the team A solid player aka Stephen Myer has been desperately needed for seasons

Not sure, I think Marshall is a very good player but nothing is clicking anywhere in the backs. Everything is behind the gainline. The scrumhalf/flyhalf axis is so slow, distant and predictable no momentum is created.

Portcullis Irish (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:52
Steele0 had a decent game today Marshall went missing in running a back line with kids in the centre Leaders step up to the podium and he fails that test

LLL (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 23:48
Marshall is an excellent player, for goodness sake check his record! The problem is he has a set of routed tree stumps he Jas available to feed to. Hopeless at this level. Is that not completely obvious ???

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net