rugbyunion
Latest News:

Boring boring boring
MarkS (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:04
This MB is an absolute bore fest - after every match the same bores go on about how@#$%&we are, slag off the same players - call for the coaches to be sacked and claim to be embarrassed by the club - and then the same old bores agree with them. Oh for the days when character assassination wasnít the norm and we discussed the rugby sometimes

Re: Boring boring boring
olw131 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:06
What rugby?

Shawshank (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:10
MarkS - If you donít like it donít read it.

Are you actually happy at what we are producing on the pitch?

But I thought your thread title was an accurate summary of todayís tactics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2017 18:14 by Shawshank.

SteveS (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:29
Quote:
MarkS
This MB is an absolute bore fest - after every match the same bores go on about how@#$%&we are, slag off the same players - call for the coaches to be sacked and claim to be embarrassed by the club - and then the same old bores agree with them. Oh for the days when character assassination wasnít the norm and we discussed the rugby sometimes

But the best way to counter that is to make positive points about the rugby we play rather than extend the cycle of negativity by just being negative about other fans.

And frankly can you expect people on here to be performing cartwheels - this is probably a 25-year low point in our history on the playing side, weíve just realised we now a yo-yo club for the foreseeable...

Steelman (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:30
You'll be an old bore one day, and then you'll also probably be a know it all. A bit of respect please, I used to be a person once , and some of my chums on here still are. Hope this gives you a bit of perspective..

MarkS (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:55
SS - I stopped reading it for. Long time actually but thought that todayís comments combined with a whole thread wanting Mallinder was just a bit much esp after what happened to saints today.
Fair point SteveS and I thought that the Aussie hooker played well for what itís worth

Nick4219 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:10
Quote:
MarkS

Well said.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:17
Great contribution Nick.

Discuss the rugby then.

Rosscaberry (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:17
The premiership favours rich established clubs. Any team coming up from the championship is going to struggle unless they have huge finance behind them.
We could not compete in the purchase of players in the summer because we did not Ďjoin the party Ďuntil May. Who can you recruit in May!
Who wants to join a club if their status is unsure?
We have to be realistic. Teams break the wage cap with impudence. It is easy to criticise players & staff but we mess to be realistic.

DaveTVT (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:20
Yep, thought the Aussie Booker was pretty decent today. Missed his first throw when the line tried over complicate what looked like a call going wrong but he didn't put a foot wrong after that and had a cracking game.

GHA (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:21
The rugby is a borefest. People discuss the same things week after week because we are shoite week after week...

DaveTVT (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:30
Surely a grumpy WhatsApp group would work much better for that?
1). Much faster responses during the game and then those slow days in the office afterwards.
2) Audience is restricted to like minded individuals who can share a jaundiced/decidedly optimistic view of the club.
3) Everyone in the group is on message. No need to keep the naysayers in line - there aren't any!

😀

MarkS (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:59
I like that idea of a WhatsApp group as itís easier to post etc. Than a web page

Nick4219 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 20:58
Quote:
Shawshank
Great contribution Nick.
Discuss the rugby then.

Thanks for the approval

PV (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:22
What a load of shoite. This is our worst season bar none and I, like many on, have been involved with the club for 40 years plus.

Worst season I can remember and same rubbish trotted out by the management team week after week.

Our squad is better than the performance over the last half season, thatís down to coaching and I think thatís a view now shared by the majority.

It pains me to write this, but itís all unfurling in front of us

GHA (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:28
Yet we still rumble on like a big tide of jam, nothing changing

Nick4219 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:32
Quote:
PV
What a load of shoite. This is our worst season bar none and I, like many on, have been involved with the club for 40 years plus.
Worst season I can remember and same rubbish trotted out by the management team week after week.

Our squad is better than the performance over the last half season, thatís down to coaching and I think thatís a view now shared by the majority.

It pains me to write this, but itís all unfurling in front of us

It's no use whinging on here as I doubt anyone involved in the running of the club reads too much in to some of the nonsense spouted on here. Why not use your 40 years of "involvement" and speak to the manager/players about your concerns? The players are nearly always visible in the Princess Suite or walking through the hotel after the games.

Why not stage some sort of halftime protest in line with some football clubs supporters if you feel that strongly about it? Why keep going to games if they are such a disappointment, why would you waste your money? To keep spouting the same clap trap ad nauseum on an anonymous forum isn't doing anything other than pee off other supporters of the club.

MarkS (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:31
Canít we even have 1 thread on this mb that isnít full of doom and gloom by the bores?

GHA (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:33
The stade away and quins hq games weren't full of room and gloom, for some reason

Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:35
At 20-12 And camped on the falcons five metre line, referee says FINAL warning Newcastle any more and itís a yellow - we then take the three.

Do me a favour.

MarkS (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:41
Because they wanted to win the match ffs - they had to score twice - if you donít see that then I give up

Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:45
Quote:
MarkS
Because they wanted to win the match ffs - they had to score twice - if you donít see that then I give up

So you want to win the match yet youíre happy we killed any momentum we had at that point and a possible yellow card.

Not sure weíre going to win many games kicking the three points. I see Worcester went to Allianz and scored four tries today, be nice to see some attacking rugby once in a while.

GHA (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:47
Quote:
MarkS

Tries win matches most of the time

MarkS (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:50
8 points down - take the 3 and push for the try in the last plays - itís basic rugby lads

DaveTVT (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:51
The option taken was to secure the lbp and Falcons restart kicling the ball back to LI for one last attack. I'm on the fence about it but it was pragmatism over heroism...Players have to stand by the decisions taken on the field and we fans get to mull it over with the benefit of hindsight.....

GHA (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:54
Opposition need 2 trips to our 22 to score 7 points. We need 10 trips. While we're there, keep the pressure on. Please.

sad smiley

MikeL (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 23:19
Quote:
While we're there, keep the pressure on. Please.

With a maul that never looked like making much yardage? So we go back and forth across the pitch a couple of times, knock on, don't even get a BP and then everyone can point out how staggeringly obvious it was to take the 3. It's almost like hindsight is really easy or something.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 23:28
Had we gone for the line out I doubt we would of scored anyway. Unless we get it to lewington or to an extent cokanasiga, we don't look threatning.

GHA (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 00:02
We had to try and score a try at some point, why not attempt it when the pressure was on? We aren't going to stay up based on LBPs either

MarkS (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 00:05
Cos if weíd got the try we still would have only got the losing bonus point - we made bad decisions during the match but that wasnít one of them

GHA (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 00:19
I'd rather be 20-17 or 20-19 down with five minutes to go than 20-15 down

HK Phooey (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 05:29
When we kicked the penalty in question (after the two line outs) the score was 20. 9
We should have gone for the lineout and tried to force the yellow at this point.
The penalty when we were 8 points behind was near the halfway line

waltham (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:46
Take the points..especially when its clear the team lack confidence in themselves. That kept us in touch at least.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:57
Kicking the points was the right decision. Fluff the line out and we leave with nothing.

GHA (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:13
We aren't gonna stay up on losing bonus points, and in a lot of cases, we aren't going to stay in touch with teams by taking the three every time

GHA (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:22
Good thing Newcastle left 7 (?) points out there from missed kicks too

dick g (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 14:14
Quote:
Rosscaberry
The premiership favours rich established clubs. Any team coming up from the championship is going to struggle unless they have huge finance behind them.
We could not compete in the purchase of players in the summer because we did not Ďjoin the party Ďuntil May. Who can you recruit in May!
Who wants to join a club if their status is unsure?
We have to be realistic. Teams break the wage cap with impudence. It is easy to criticise players & staff but we mess to be realistic.

From a Falconista in peace.

We were hardly a "rich established" club when we got back into Prem at first time of asking. The key is to make best use of Parachute Payment to recruit wisely and hold on to your best players. Agree that late promotion decision makes recruiting very difficult. Will be easier for Brizzle with no play-offs to delay things. You've done it once and if it becomes necessary you can do it again to. Come on you Irish!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net