rugbyunion
Latest News:

can London Irish Groupies get a Life
BallygallyBoy (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:19
The reason the team is doing so badly is because we have amatuers coaching the team, They are all lovely people but clueless - when leo Cullen was appointed Director of Rugby at Leinster he was so amateurish and clueless they brought in Mr Lancaster ex England RFU to sort it out - enough said (Leinster will win the European Cup).
If the current owners of London Irish havent got the money to bring in a short term proper
coach then @#$%& me,

Put the Club to sleep - sell Hazelwood to recoup losses then lets start again.
I never miss a home or away game but today i watched two teams playing Sunday pub rugby !!!
I Have given my Season tickets to my grandchildren.

Can the Groupies stop talking bollox please.

Our Wonderful Club is in deep @#$%& - suggestions please
One more point - can the Groupie who know @#$%& all abut rugby stop picking on Mr Franks
who - when we were in deep dudu didnt abandon us last year.

O

Re: can London Irish Groupies get a Life
MarkS (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:39
Whatís a LI groupie?
As for the rest, unless you are in LI coaching daily you have no idea what you are talking about wet competence. Now Leinster will so the champions cup (I agree) but look at the players they have ffs - Lancaster helps as does Cullen but itís the players that win matches .
Did Kennedy make Tonksmiss that tackle in midfield that led to the second try - of course not

Shawshank (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:55
You donít need to attend training sessions to realise the coaching inadequacies.

The most obvious one is the coaches tactic of repetitive kicking the ball away to the oppo. You constantly put your defence under huge pressure, and when you have some very flaky defenders in the backs such as Tonks and Marshall, you are asking for trouble.

The last 5 mins of every game at the Madstad this year have shown that when we do keep the ball in hand and play with some gumption, we can make some serious yardage.

Anyone can see the tactics are all wrong, yet still they donít change...

MarkS (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 00:12
I hate the kicking game but all teams employ it - falcons did today and they are fifth on the table. A curse on modern rugby is sometimes youíre better off without the ball. I would like to see more variety through the centre off first phase butbour problem at the moment is lapse on concentration in defence not attack - speaking to Coman today he said two mistakes two tries and we were chasing the game - thatís the coaching thatís needed - not putting Joe in the centre or sacking anyone

I still donít know what an LI groupie is though ?

GHA (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 00:24
Coman said two mistakes two tries. So we know what we need to work on in training next week then. Ignoring how impotent our attack is though

COYExiles (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 00:31
Why was Coman carded? Were we warned by sir about a team card?

MarkS (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 00:42
No we werenít warned - 1st offence according to Coman but it was an offence he said

HMRH (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 07:12
Scoring tries when attacking is the problem-for all the look what happens when we donít kick we didnít manage to score in games when we could and should have won. 5 metres out and we canít find a way over the line is as much about players choices as it is coaching.

peejay (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 12:44
Coaching staff inexperienced and it really shows. It's clear to any rugby fan that a quality coach can change things with pretty much same group of players. Jones at Japan and England, Townsend with Scotland, and numerous examples in 'wendy ball'.
Our coaching team appear to have attempted zero change to tactics and playing style. It may not work but ffs try something.

paddym (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 14:24
Put the Club to sleep - sell Hazelwood to recoup losses then lets start again.

And what about the Amateur club??!!

glensman (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 22:37
Read my post "SHUT IT DOWN"

paddym (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 11:33
Quote:
glensman
Read my post "SHUT IT DOWN"

My question was directed at BallyGallyBoy who started this thread? Should have been shown as a quote from his original post.

waltham (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 20:23
Shut it down and LI will end up as The Geese, with no professional squad and certainly no RFU supported
academy. Hazelwood might generate sufficient rental income to be viable as a services company and that's about it...other than retaining the out of date honours board and a group of local supporters endlessly bemoaning the demise of the pro-club and blaming a succession of CEO' and Directors/Shareholders...

Ps: It'd be pretty easy to sell Hazelwood e.g. to a footie club...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net