rugbyunion
Latest News:

Advantage and offside
MarkS (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 00:17
Genuine Questions
Why did the ref give us about 2 passes advantage got a knock on before they scored and then called us back after an interception from the same situation earlier ?

Also anyone else think that falcons were offside all day at the rucks ?

Re: Advantage and offside
Narbia (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 00:24
An even bigger question is on the advantage not given to LI, that lead to Falcons' first try.
The ball popped out a tackle and was (I thought) a knock-on. I suspect Tom Fowlie did too.

I'm glad somebody else saw this as well.
Visitors scored first try from what appeared to be a knock-on

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/12/2017 00:34 by Narbia.

Heaf (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 01:35
Wouldn't surprise me - add that to the Bath clear forward pass for their one try and that's 2 potential wins gone begging courtesy of suspect officiating ...

Updated ... Just watched the 'highlights' - the ref clearly judged it had been ripped so no knock-on, assuming he was correct ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/12/2017 01:53 by Heaf.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 06:00
Yep, ball was ripped in the tackle, so no knock on.

Nick4219 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 08:30
I had a good view of that tackle and the ball was ripped. Fowlie was clearly not at the races and seemed to take an age to react and when he did he had lots of pressure on him leading to the charge down.

Did think we got short thrift from the ref throughout the game but it seems that's the way it goes at the bottom of the table.

Thought Falcons were lucky not to have a sin binning after all the Irish pressure on their try line as every phase and every breakdown they were permanently off side and off their feet.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 11:11
More concerned by the stats in that report. Two best attacking options barely got their hands on the ball all game

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net