rugbyunion
Latest News:

alistically what do we need to do to stay up
harristocratt (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 21:24
Even if Worcester don't manage another point, and that is unlikely what do we need to do to get the points we need to stay up.

The respective remaining fixture are:

Leicester Tigers BATH RUGBY
SALE SHARKS Exeter Chiefs
Northampton Saints GLOUCESTER RUGBY
WORCESTER WARRIORS London Irish
Wasps LEICESTER TIGERS
GLOUCESTER RUGBY Sale Sharks
Harlequins NEWCASTLE FALCONS
EXETER CHIEFS Wasps
SARACENS HARLEQUINS
Bath Rugby Northampton Saints.

Clearly we have to beat Worcester but in truth it looks like a hopeless task.

I don't claim to be an expert even though I am currently top of the prediction league.

Any thoughts? On the rugby situation not my prediction league performance so far that is.

Realistically what do we need to do to stay up
31 December, 2017 21:27
Or even Realistically.

Re: alistically what do we need to do to stay up
Steelman (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 22:00
Quote:
harristocratt
Even if Worcester don't manage another point, and that is unlikely what do we need to do to get the points we need to stay up.
The respective remaining fixture are:

Leicester Tigers BATH RUGBY
SALE SHARKS Exeter Chiefs
Northampton Saints GLOUCESTER RUGBY
WORCESTER WARRIORS London Irish
Wasps LEICESTER TIGERS
GLOUCESTER RUGBY Sale Sharks
Harlequins NEWCASTLE FALCONS
EXETER CHIEFS Wasps
SARACENS HARLEQUINS
Bath Rugby Northampton Saints.

Clearly we have to beat Worcester but in truth it looks like a hopeless task.

I don't claim to be an expert even though I am currently top of the prediction league.

Any thoughts? On the rugby situation not my prediction league performance so far that is.

When can you take charge?!

01 January, 2018 08:45
The problem is Steelman my prediction league has benn largely based on predicting defeat for our boys.

Having noticed that my Falcons prediction did not get recorded, leaving me with a 0 - 0 draw and no points I have decided not to bother any more so I will have some spare time.

Despriarno (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 08:55
Our best chance is that the team that win the Championship do not have a ground suitable for Premiership rugby

But that does not look likely either

Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 10:10
Happy new year guys

Statistically Wuss have averaged 1.6 points a game this season. If that trend were to continue they would finish on 35 points meaning Irish would have to raise their current 0.75 to a 2.7 game average to finish above them.

The problem with this lies in that wuss have averaged over 3 points in their last five games so it may well be a more realistic proposition to target Northampton.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2018 10:10 by Southstand(again).

GHA (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 10:13
Quote:
Southstand(again)
it may well be a more realistic proposition to target Northampton.

More realistic to target scoring a try, then scoring a couple, then winning a game before targeting other teams!

Steelman (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 10:18
[quote harristocratt]The problem is Steelman my prediction league has benn largely based on predicting defeat for our boys.

Having noticed that my Falcons prediction did not get recorded, leaving me with a 0 - 0 draw and no points I have decided not to bother any more so I will have some spare time.[/quote.

So it's to all intents and purposes a hedge fund eh.Impressive!

NMB (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 10:55
A win away to Leicester would be nice although I imagine they are smacking their lips at the prospect of comprehensively ending their losing streak against the worst defence in the prem! But we must get something from every game and to do that we've got to start targeting TBP'S! Big Joe, Lewington, Marshall are certainly capable of creating tries, the potential is there but we have to play to our strengths. (And give big Joe the ball!!)

I'd like to see Marshall at 10, Tonks at 12, Bell at 15 and Williams at 13. Also start with Hoskins. Three playmakers on the field to get us in the right areas. Start anyone who can give us even a little bit of go forward so that when Lewington and Big Joe get the ball they have at least a bit of space to work with.

I'd like to see us use our lineout as a weapon more with the rolling maul which I don't think we've trusted enough this season. Either to get us over the line or to create space for the wings.

The coaching set up won't change and I don't think they should, hopefully Dr V's increased involvement will be the spark we need in that regard.

Any potential that the playing group have will only be realised with some confidence. Winning our remaining challenge cup games will start the ball rolling leading into the crunch period where we have to win three on the trot - Sale, Saints and the Worcester. I'll throw the towel in if we lose those games.

One plus from the weekend is we are one point closer to Saints!

grumpy1960 (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 17:07
We need to start playing from first minute with the passion & intensity of the last 5 minuets of Saturday’s match

We are slow & ponderious from the breakdown , every scrum half we have are too slow , with quicker ball & someone running on to it we might even get over the gain line !!!!

We have best line out stats in premiership but shamefully we do nothing with this set piece & it has killed us all season long .

Who is our “ on field general” calling the shots ?
Who is our go to playmaker ?

Do the boys have the stomach for the fight.............?

Griff (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 10:52
Quote:
harristocratt
Having noticed that my Falcons prediction did not get recorded, leaving me with a 0 - 0 draw and no points I have decided not to bother any more so I will have some spare time.

Sorry, I'm sure you realise there's nothing we can do about this. I do try and remind people to enter results for all the fixtures at the start of the season to avoid this problem... You can always change the week-by-week but at least you don't get a 0-0 if you miss one.

02 January, 2018 11:28
We need to win half of our remaining games to finish 11th or higher. Warriors are Saints will also get a few wins. There is no London Welsh this season, so winning a couple more games won't be enough.

02 January, 2018 14:05
Hi Griff.

I did try to record a prediction and do realise that the fact that something went wrong must be down to my stupidity or incompetence.

Griff (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 14:13
Sure, we all get beaten by websites once in a while. My suggestion is to pre-record results for all the games so that if you get caught-out in future you'll at least have a non-0-0 recorded. You can always change them just before the game once you've decided what flavour of terrible we're likely to be.

norg2072 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 07:31

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net