Latest News:

Channel 5 Rugby
Rosscaberry (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 20:09
Just sat down to watch the highlights programme. The show begins with a résumé of all Premiership clubs season so far. All teams are analysed but London Irish are not mentioned. Have I got this wrong? This omission follows BT's mistake in giving the incorrect Iriish v Leicester score(19-8) & compounding this by displaying the incorrect Table(9 pts for Irish).
I know I need to stop being a boring anorak but we are constantly ignored by the media. Apologies if my observations are wrong.
I promise to 'get a life' after this post!

Re: Channel 5 Rugby
Aiden1011 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 20:12
I thought exactly the same! Annoys me that we only get the shorter highlights aswell, let’s see what they’re like tonight!

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 20:23
Flatman made sure we got a mention, he was very complimentary. I’d there was a year to ringfence it’s now. We’re competitve enough in this league as we’ve shown a few times. Going down his year wouldn’t benefit anyone and would just be a waste of a year. Flats believes in us, it’s good enough for me

Rosscaberry (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 20:38
Yes Flats was very complimentary about us after the highlights but we were not mentioned at the start whilst the other 11 teams were reviewed.
I promise to move on now!

PV (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 22:08
Flatman was really decent about us, I guess they were trying to be diplomatic at the start. What would one expect him and Shanklin to say, and if they did say the inevitable, they’d probably be criticised even more...

Finno (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 00:57
I was also pee'd off that we weren't mentioned, but was heartened by Flats comments as it just not just me that thinks we can survive the drop!!

harristocratt (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 11:21
Relegation, whoever it is would probably benefit Bristol.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 11:29
Just let Bristol up and keep us as well. Pleeeeeeeease.

CoAntrimExile (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 13:43
In the match "report" in today's Daily Telegraph, the only mention of London Irish is in the scoreline at the start of the article, not mentioned in the report at all (Sm164)

AlecW (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 14:17
Sorry - wrong thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2018 14:18 by AlecW.

John H (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 18:59
The full video now available

Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 23:22
Why would the media give much / any attention to the worst team in the league?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing