rugbyunion
Latest News:

Injury List
jimbo800 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 11:32
Instead of the relegation fight being the topic, any word on injuries? There are players that Iíd forgotten we even had.
Whatís wrong with Palf?
Smallbone hasnít been mentioned of late. I know the doctor did a list at some point this season but I canít remember the extent of most of them, aside from the season ender for Nalaga.

Re: Injury List
Marbo (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 12:06
I was wondering the same any updates on Hobbs-Awoyemi? I know it was a long term injury but was wondering whether there were any positive updates

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 12:16
Hobbs may have been another season ender. Without injuries weíd be top of the league.....

Marbo (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 13:00
I know its been ridiculous, we always seem to have had bad luck on the injury front but this season has been crazy unlucky - dukey, Macnally , Nalaga and though he's back fit now but Fangia breaking his foot in a cool down. All freak incidents of injury or health that statistical shouldn't all happen at one club in one season.

We must be due some good luck soon from the rugby gods (fingers firmly crossed)(Sm1)

cjm. (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 13:25
I'm glad Fainga'a is back. He seems to be making a difference to our game.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 14:52
It would be great to see what we are like with a fully fit squad?

The player for me who always makes a difference is Mike Coman, we missed him when he was out injured for a few months. We are always better when he is in the team. Think that he is huge and has done a good job as Captain since Paice ban. Faingaa is just getting better with game time. You never want to moan and injuries are going to happen, but you want your best players on the pitch.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 14:59
Is Palf any good? I canít remember the last time he played. In th pics he seems a bit top heavy compared to a lot of the props out there.

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 15:29
Palf did his job in the tight and was quite dynamic in the loose. A pretty good ball carrier from memory.

norg2072 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 20:37
Not to mention the prop we havenít seen in the AVP yet, Manasa, who we signed from Toulon!

jekyll (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 16:34
The player we are really missing is Mulchrone, who is to me anyway our most important back, our defensive lynchpin. He goes under the radar most of the time but keep an eye on him during the game, his workrate and organization in immense

TheRealBigEasy (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 16:52
Latest (from the offie)

Short-term

Mike Coman (Achilles)

Saia Faingaía (Concussion)

Conor Gilsenan (Shoulder)

Ollie Hassell-Collins (Concussion)

Luke McLean (Hamstring)

Fergus Mulchrone (Ankle)

Johnny Williams (Hamstring)

Medium-term

Senitiki Nayalo (Shoulder)

Dave Porecki (Thumb)

Long-term

Sam Collingridge (Shoulder)

Darren Dawidiuk (Testicular cancer)

Ciaran Hearn (Knee)

Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi (Achilles)

Josh McNally (Cardiac surgery)

Napolioni Nalaga (Arm)

Topsy Ojo (Hamstring)

Richard Palframan (Knee)

bigbitty (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 17:51
Seventeen players injured? That's a hell of a lot for us to lose.

HMRH (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 20:16
A third of a very strong starting XV

PV (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 09:16
So Schatz and Saulo are fit then?

Blarney (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 08:57
Agree with jekyll... Mulchrone has been our biggest miss. It is no coincidence that our defence was so strong in the first game against quins; then after losing Mulchrone and Coman we resembled a leaky bucket.

We have been better with Mike back in the side, but we still need Fergus to shore up the backs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net