rugbyunion
Latest News:

LI V KRASNY YA SCORES
mulledwinemarie (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 15:04
WE are off and out of the traps...............

LI 0 - 7 YA

MWM

GLORY GLORY LONDON IRISH - and loving it......

well I used to ...............

Re: LI V KRASNY YA SCORES
13 January, 2018 15:19
ben loader scores try

bell converts

irish 7 - 7 ya

MWM

13 January, 2018 15:39
penalty to YA

LI 7 - 10 YA

nearly half-time

MWM

13 January, 2018 16:13
THEO TRYYYYYYYYYY

BELL CONVERTS

BELL OF BIG JOE ON

LI 14 - 10 YA

MWM

GHA (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 16:14
Good team these Siberian all stars

Anonymous User (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 16:18
Going purely on the updates here and twitter, feels like we're making a bit of a meal of this.

Are we kicking a bit too much away and inviting them to attack?

13 January, 2018 16:31
2ND TRY FOR tbc -

li 21 - 10

lovejoy try

LI 26 - 10 YA

STEEL OFF
MEEHAN ON

ATKINS TAKES OVER KICKING DUTIES

TBC 3 RD TRY

LI 33 - 10 YA

MWM

13 January, 2018 16:32
Clearly I should query our ability more often!

13 January, 2018 16:34
trrrryyyyyy BIG JOE

LI 40 - 10 YA

MWM

13 January, 2018 16:37
tbc bags his 4th try of the afternoon

BRAVO THEO

LI 47 - 10 YA

MWM

13 January, 2018 16:38
Should we not be doing better?

13 January, 2018 16:41
try ya

LI 47 - 17 YA

MWM

bigbitty (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 16:42
Quote:
Florida

There you are, you jinxed it! Krasny have just scored again[:wor kid:]

13 January, 2018 16:43
MAN OF THE MATCH IS THEO

WELL DONE

FINAL SCORE - 47 - 17

MWM

13 January, 2018 16:45
Quote:
bigbitty
Quote:
Florida

There you are, you jinxed it! Krasny have just scored again[:wor kid:]

Clearly pushed my luck!

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 16:57
TBC man of match, i really don't think he deserves it as he was on the end of some good work by others thought that Loader was excellent when everyone else was below par, Paicey and Steele played well but when Lovejoy came on he made a masive carry with his first touch and a try with his second, i thought that KY were fantastic first half and if we started games with their attitude we'd be top 6 by now

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 17:01
Dont know what is wrong with Bell but he was awful today, can't believe I'm saying this after last season but we are better without him.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 17:29
Wasn't at the game today but sounds like the first 60 minutes we were a team completely shot of confidence but once we got a couple of tries we started to play some real nice stuff. Hope we can take this going into next week!

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 17:38
I only went to the game last minute, none of my usual travelling companions attended, I just wanted to see a Russian team play and for the first 44mins they were good and irish were very low confidence, appart from Loader who was quality all game, The number 15 for KY got injured and should have left the pitch we took off Bell and brought on big Joe that was the end of the Russian invasion

13 January, 2018 18:24
Quote:
LI Bohemian
TBC man of match, i really don't think he deserves it as he was on the end of some good work by others thought that Loader was excellent when everyone else was below par, Paicey and Steele played well but when Lovejoy came on he made a masive carry with his first touch and a try with his second, i thought that KY were fantastic first half and if we started games with their attitude we'd be top 6 by now

Was going to ask if TBC deserved it or if it was just because he was on the end of some good work by others. How'd he do at 12? This is the first game of the season he's been there isn't it? How was Atkins? How was ICH?

LLL (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:43
absolutely fantastic second half. Some of the best entertainment from LI I can remember in years. Fantastic!

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:44
Quote:
Florida
Quote:
LI Bohemian

Was going to ask if TBC deserved it or if it was just because he was on the end of some good work by others. How'd he do at 12? This is the first game of the season he's been there isn't it? How was Atkins? How was ICH?

I thought TBC made a lot of silly mistakes and his kicking was poor, in the first half but confidence was low throughout the team, Atkins made a lot of errors as well first half but as KY ran out of steam 44mins in and it coincided with Atkins getting his mojo along with the rest of the team, our forwards were not that bad but no one standing out, thought Loader when used was excellent and like Lewi can make their own luck.Being an ex-centre I'm not much of a judge on the forwards though.

Narbia (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 19:57
Quote:
Florida
Was going to ask if TBC deserved it or if it was just because he was on the end of some good work by others. How'd he do at 12? This is the first game of the season he's been there isn't it?

I think TBC just about deserved it, yes, he was on the end of some good work by others, but he had the foresight to get himself in good positions. It's not the first time on here someone has said he'll make a better 12 than he is a 10. That was the case today

Quote:
Florida
How was Atkins?
Missed his first kick I think. After that he found his mojo and kicked well from the tee.
Quote:
Florida
How was ICH?
I thought he was quite effective. The #8. I think it was him that took a heck of a knock, and I'm sure it knocked him out.

All said and done though, KY were pretty solid for about 55 minutes. Then a little ill-discipline crept in, and or they got tired, and their performance dipped. the yellow card certainly didn't help them.

That's when Irish stepped up played some great running rugby. Maybe Irish found some self-confidence around the 60 minutes mark?

RodB (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 20:20
I thought Steele had a poor game. Too.many box kicks went astray and his delivery was very slow. Our pace picked up when Meehan came on.

Meb4568 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:22
Thought ICH did really well at 8 until went off at 30mins. Replaced by Basham who did great... was solid under high ball and in defence... importantly made a number of carries always getting over gain line. Decent all round team performance- albeit not APL standard opposition..

Finno (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:25
Great to get the win today! Thought Krasny made a great game of it for 60 mins until the better bench came on and fitness started to tell!

All the kids did well,but in my mind TBC really showed how he could be a useful 12, and put his hand up for first 15 selection( can we finally put to bed him being a 10) His pace and rugby brain made a real difference.

It was great to see us 'throw it around with gay abandon' loved it !

Finally, Bell seems to have lost all his confidence, he had a mare today, I felt so sorry for him, as I believe he's a class act!

KeithJ (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 22:12
Agree re TBC, certainly looked in the right position at 12, drifting, then change of direction fooling the KV backs.

Issac Curtis-Harris looked very promising until his unfortunate injury, seemed to be damage to his right ear, glad to see him back on the field after the final whistle.

Had a lot of tackling to do in the first half and thought our defence was very solid throughout apart from one glaring missed tackle on the east side in the first half.

As previously stated, once we settled, we grew in confidence.

14 January, 2018 14:37
Just been looking at the stats for this match;
Lloyd and Cooke both made 21 tackles and missed just 1 each

An outstanding day's work from both!

Meb4568 (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 16:54
Great stats and an impressive days work as you say... where do you see the stats? Are they published somewhere?

14 January, 2018 17:48
Quote:
Meb4568
Great stats and an impressive days work as you say... where do you see the stats? Are they published somewhere?

I get them from Scrum.com, they sometimes take a while to update, but they're usually there by the day after the game. Here's the link to yesterday's one

[www.espn.co.uk]

Meb4568 (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 19:07
Thanks

Ruckingood (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 05:58
For those that want to properly analyse the game, you can watch it here.

vimeo.com/250980702

Password is Krasny!

Note: you have to have a capitol and the ! for the passsword

After watching this a few things come to mind. The first half was some of the best defense I have seen all year with the realignment and line speed being highlights. The set piece was solid against a very large pack. However, Steele was poor with his passing inaccurate and hitting players hips as opposed to infront of them, breaking momentum. His speed at getting the ball away from rucks was pedestrian at best and that in conjunction with an out of sorts Bell broke down a number of opportunities. Meehan made a vast difference with sniping runs, quick taps and sublime passing infront of players allowing them to take the ball at pace, something that a tiring opposition could not handle. Curtis Harris showed great promise at 8 with a willingness to take if forward and Joe C was a beast and needs to see more quick ball in the future.

Over to you for further comments.

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 09:57
Think you've summed it up quite nicely ruckingood

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 11:30
I've just re-watched the first half. A few thoughts I had watching it.

1. Ben Loader defended really intelligently. Seemed to know when to blitz, when to drift and when to shepherd his man out wide and use the touchline as an extra defender.

2. Isaac Curtis-Harris carries well because he is one of the few forwards that we have who actually accelerates onto the ball and continues to accelerate into and through the contact.

3. Hoskins and Elrington seem to work really well in tandem going forward. They often seem to be on each others shoulder looking for the popped pass.

4. Will Lloyd is really under rated. He gets through an absolute shedload of work and has an offloading game.

5. Scott Steele is really inconsistent. Does some really good things and tries to play heads up rugby, but at times takes an absolute age at the back to the ruck, slowing our play down, then throws passes that are well behind the receiver, causing them to have to check and slowing our play down further.

Really committed 40 minutes from our lads against a very big Krasny side who just wanted to run it and run it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net