16 Saia Faingaía,
17 Harry Elrington,
18 Petrus Du Plessis,
19 Sebastian De Chaves,
20 Blair Cowan,
21 Piet van Zyl,
22 Tommy Bell,
23 Aseli Tikoirotuma

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/01/2018 11:50 by DrV'sHairyCraic.

Re: Team's up
jimbo800 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 11:57
Little bit stronger than I would have liked. Disappointed to see Theo at ten. I think itís a bit risky having the likes of coman playing. Not bothered by result, I just want an injury free day.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 11:58
Wasps team is very much an LV team

Wasps:

15. Nick Foster
14. Taju Atta
13. Brendan Macken
12. Guy Armitage
11. Owain James
10. Jacob Umaga
9. Craig Hampson
1. Tom West
2. Gaby Oghre
3. Will Stuart
4. Tim Cardall
5. Guy Borrowdale
6. Will Owen
7. James Seabrook
8. Tom Willis (capt)

Replacements:
16. TJ Harris
17. George Thornton
18. James Higgins
19. Cameron Gray
20. Andy Saull
21. Josh Nott
22. Sam Spink
23. Cameron Anderson

Realistically we should be winning this game without too much fuss and it would be disappointing if we didn't.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 12:02
Quote:
DrV'sHairyCraic
offi
Blair's 100th game!

London Irish:
15 James Marshall,
14 Joe Cokanasiga,
13 Tom Fowlie,
12 Johnny Williams,
11 Alex Lewington,
10 Theo Brophy Clews,
9 Scott Steele,
1 Ben Franks,
2 David Paice,
3 Ollie Hoskins,
4 Franco van der Merwe,
5 Mike Coman (c),
6 Arno Botha,
7 Max Northcote-Green,
8 Ofisa Treviranus

Replacements:
16 Saia Faingaía,
17 Harry Elrington,
18 Petrus Du Plessis,
19 Sebastian De Chaves,
20 Blair Cowan,
21 Piet van Zyl,
22 Tommy Bell,
23 Aseli Tikoirotuma

Coaches obviously want to build some home momentum. Right call in my book.

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 12:07
Agree SB.

I think we also have one eye on the Sale game in 2 weeks and need to keep the potential 1st XV match fit & ready

Florida (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 12:14
Quote:
jimbo800
Little bit stronger than I would have liked. Disappointed to see Theo at ten. I think itís a bit risky having the likes of coman playing. Not bothered by result, I just want an injury free day.

When would you start playing the first team? If not now should or next week then it would have been 5 weeks since they last played. Would you not worry they were undercooked?

26 January, 2018 12:16
I just changed my prediction from a narrow defeat to a narrow win. Feeling confident.thumbs down

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 12:23
Quote:
Florida
Quote:
jimbo800

When would you start playing the first team? If not now should or next week then it would have been 5 weeks since they last played. Would you not worry they were undercooked?

I agree that some should be included but we have some players that will have a bigger say if we go down or not. I would used a few in he euro and few here to that the game gaps werenít so big. Hopefully this conversation will be irrelevant by the end of the weekend.

Finno (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 12:23
Quote:
SirBurger
Quote:
DrV'sHairyCraic
offi
Blair's 100th game!

London Irish:
15 James Marshall,
14 Joe Cokanasiga,
13 Tom Fowlie,
12 Johnny Williams,
11 Alex Lewington,
10 Theo Brophy Clews,
9 Scott Steele,
1 Ben Franks,
2 David Paice,
3 Ollie Hoskins,
4 Franco van der Merwe,
5 Mike Coman (c),
6 Arno Botha,
7 Max Northcote-Green,
8 Ofisa Treviranus

Replacements:
16 Saia Faingaía,
17 Harry Elrington,
18 Petrus Du Plessis,
19 Sebastian De Chaves,
20 Blair Cowan,
21 Piet van Zyl,
22 Tommy Bell,
23 Aseli Tikoirotuma

Coaches obviously want to build some home momentum. Right call in my book.

Agree 100%

welsh wasp (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 12:33
Don't ask us about some of our players. We don't know them either. We are trying to work out if Andy Saull is the player of that name who was with Saracens a few years ago.

PV (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 12:37
Probably, wasnít he Varsity this year?

Anyway, nice balance to the selection. One minor disappointment for me is TBC at 10. Iíd have liked him to have another run out at 12. Havent had a top 12 for a long time.

Florida (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 13:49
Quote:
jimbo800
Quote:
Florida
Quote:
jimbo800

I agree that some should be included but we have some players that will have a bigger say if we go down or not. I would used a few in he euro and few here to that the game gaps werenít so big. Hopefully this conversation will be irrelevant by the end of the weekend.

For what it's worth i agree with you, if have had him on the bench this week and starting next.

Florida (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 13:51
Quote:
PV
Anyway, nice balance to the selection. One minor disappointment for me is TBC at 10. Iíd have liked him to have another run out at 12. Havent had a top 12 for a long time.

Is TBC developing into a good 12 because he's getting game time at 10? If he is then we should definitely be playing him at 10 in games like this

SirBurger (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 14:11
Quote:
Florida
Quote:
jimbo800
Quote:
Florida
Quote:
jimbo800

For what it's worth i agree with you, if have had him on the bench this week and starting next.

As I alluded to earlier, I think we will want to build momentum at home. Let's face it, our away form isn't great and we may not win away to Cardiff even if we send our first choice side. Therefore, it makes sense to me to pick a strong team for this weekend, rest a few again against Cardiff and then go full throttle at Sale.

Bill the chip (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 14:49
Sat with Blair Cowan at the brilliant Burns night event at Hazelwood,he said ď they would pick a strong side because of the lack of game time lately !!

PV (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 14:58
Quote:
Florida
Quote:
PV

Is TBC developing into a good 12 because he's getting game time at 10? If he is then we should definitely be playing him at 10 in games like this

We have better 10s in the squad and IMHO, no stand out 12.

Dorset Irish (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 15:05
Maybe the aim is to give TBC game time at 10, so he develops into (eventually) a play-making 12? Also allows the likes of Williams and Fowlie a chance in the midfield whilst giving other guys a bit of R&R time.

Steelman (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 15:12
We,ll need to score all our try's under the posts to win .My mum used to kick better than TBC.,normally my rs,and always well deserved.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 15:14
Quote:
Steelman
We,ll need to score all our try's under the posts to win .My mum used to kick better than TBC.,normally my rs,and always well deserved.

Imagine Marshall will kick.

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 08:20
I see a big win coming for you guys. Our current injury list and recent games always meant we would field a team of this experience players today. You are clearly abiding by the rules, but I would like to see some regulations regarding who can and canít playing in these games. They are supposed to be about the development of youth after all. Enjoy the game and will see you later in the year with our best team. If itís as tight as last time it will be a cracker. Some debate on our site about Andy Saull and as far as we know yes it is him.

PV (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 09:11
Quote:
Buzzboy
I see a big win coming for you guys. Our current injury list and recent games always meant we would field a team of this experience players today. You are clearly abiding by the rules, but I would like to see some regulations regarding who can and canít playing in these games. They are supposed to be about the development of youth after all. Enjoy the game and will see you later in the year with our best team. If itís as tight as last time it will be a cracker. Some debate on our site about Andy Saull and as far as we know yes it is him.

Nowhere does it say that this is a development cup. Thatís surely the Academy and A league games. Also, if you look at our team, some of these guys are returning from injury, just out of the Academy or bench at best when everyone is fully fit. If Wasps werenít so blighted by injury (we know how it feels), youíd probably have a very different team out as well.

Good luck though, a win is never guaranteed for us - especially this season.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 09:14
Quote:
Buzzboy

Fine in theory, but what would you do in our position?

We last played an AP game on 6 January. That was followed by two weeks back to back against Russian opposition in the Challenge Cup (also effectively a development competition) and this coming pair of AWC games. If we played development teams for all, most of our first team players wouldn't have played a game of rugby for more than a month before a crucial AP game against Sale on 10 Feb.

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 16:33
Fair points. I suppose in an ideal world, we would all have meaningful fixtures each week and rest plenty of first team players now and then. But...
some of the European games are hardly contests and the long injuriy lists mean that players are on their knees if they have been playing week after week.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net