rugbyunion
Latest News:

MotM nominations?
Griff (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 10:03
A match more reminiscent of last season. I suspect we'll get a few nominations since it was a good performance.

Theo played pretty well and deserved his award in-stadium, for me the backs in-general looked more useful. People actually running onto the ball! Apart from one lapse for their try the defence was solid.

The forwards worked well as a unit but I'm not sure one stood-out.

Nominations please!

Re: MotM nominations?
Narbia (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 10:46
Go with TBC too. Or maybe whole team.

29 January, 2018 11:35
Surely Kiwi Joe has to be there with his hat trick. In the forwards I really like Botha. I also really enjoyed the tight head prop from Wasps, really good player. He scrummed well against Franks and he was really good in the open and had a few good carries. He is in his early 20's, so one to watch for the future.

fatlad76 (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 12:20
Really liked Botha
In the backs I thought Joe, Fowlie and TBC all had good games.
Both scrummies got the ball moving quickly as well.

But it is really hard so I would have to go with the whole team.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 14:57
On second half performance certainly Joe - but he didn't really contribute much in the first 40.

I'll go along with TBC who controlled the game nicely and tackled well.

Lazyboy346 (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 19:10
A good performance by the whole team. Steele seemed a new player, the backs managed some great plays (Joe's second try was a training move done perfectly) , Botha impressed with good handling and Coman could stay at lock.

I'd have picked Williams as MotM who seems to have got his form from 2 years ago back. He did a good job at first receiver on set plays, carried well and took some great lines off TBC. He ran intelligent lines and was useful at the breakdown.

AlecW (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 19:53
Agree with PANS about the Wasps THP: I thought he had an excellent game.

For LI, Id go for TBC or Botha.

waltham (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 21:02
Quote:
Lazyboy346
A good performance by the whole team. Steele seemed a new player, the backs managed some great plays (Joe's second try was a training move done perfectly) , Botha impressed with good handling and Coman could stay at lock.
I'd have picked Williams as MotM who seems to have got his form from 2 years ago back. He did a good job at first receiver on set plays, carried well and took some great lines off TBC. He ran intelligent lines and was useful at the breakdown.

Yup...also Fowlie and Botha
Great to have a choice!!

b.q.f.m (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 22:04
Tom Fowlie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net