rugbyunion
Latest News:

France v Ireland
bigbitty (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 18:50
There are definitely two conclusions to be drawn:

1. The French keep their brains in their knees

2. It is possible to go through 40 plus phases without losing the ball.

Re: France v Ireland
Despriarno (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 20:30
Quote:
bigbitty
There are definitely two conclusions to be drawn:
1. The French keep their brains in their knees

2. It is possible to go through 40 plus phases without losing the ball.

I suspect that the frenchman might recover from his HIA :-)
Nigel Owens was not impressed but had to go with the doctor. If i have to go to hospital i hope i dont get that doctor, he should be struck off

What a finish. Have LI managed that many phases in total this year without dropping the ball

M51 (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 20:51
Nigel got it wrong on a few occasions I suspect a few yellow cards should have been given to the French. Definitely a fair and good result for Ireland.

TheRealBigEasy (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 21:21
Green tinted glasses?

waltham (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 21:21
Practice drop goal kicking from "everywhere"!!!

raedarius (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 17:19
Did the ball touch the ground for the drop goal? Didn't look like it to me.

bigbitty (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 17:41
Quote:
raedarius
Did the ball touch the ground for the drop goal? Didn't look like it to me.

Of course it did. Right after it went over the crossbar (Sm100)

Finno (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 21:12
If England had gone 40 phases of play from their own 22, in the rain, with the clock on overtime, and Ford had kicked a 45 metre drop goal to beat France in France, we'd never hear the end of it for years!!!

Credit where its due..please!

Florida (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 22:41
Quote:
Finno
If England had gone 40 phases of play from their own 22, in the rain, with the clock on overtime, and Ford had kicked a 45 metre drop goal to beat France in France, we'd never hear the end of it for years!!!
Credit where its due..please!

Indeed. Credit where credit is due. A sub 300 cap French team showed some spark against an 800+ cap Irish team and made a few people very very nervous.

There's no denying Sexton is a class act, first the cross field kick to Earls, then the drop goal.

Forget the HIAs, that's nothing to do with the players on the field the French defended well and showed a lot more in attack then the Irish. If you want to show credit where it's due then it goes to that very inexperienced French side.

HMRH (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 08:34
Ireland need to find a spark from somewhere as their brand of rugby isn't beautiful to watch. Sexton is a Lions 10 and you can see why - class player

GHA (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 08:40
The HIA thing is tough - any player can go off with a knock to the little toe, and tell the neutral match doctor he's feeling dizzy, which will then classify it as a HIA. Maybe HIA players shouldn't be allowed to return to the game even if they pass the assessment, as a head knock is a head knock. And substituted players shouldn't be allowed to return to the field if another player comes off due to a HIA - treat it like a normal injured player... One for the powers that be to work out, anyway.

Steelman (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 10:27
quote Finno]If England had gone 40 phases of play from their own 22, in the rain, with the clock on overtime, and Ford had kicked a 45 metre drop goal to beat France in France, we'd never hear the end of it for years!!!

Credit where its due..please![/quote]

Our rugby team used to play in a public park, real grassroots stuff,
usually thre would be more dogs watching us than people.We would regularly
have to go through 40 faeces to get to the try line.(Sm100)

Shawshank (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 11:01
Reminded me of a Munster game a few years ago when they went through 40+ phases and ROG slotted a DG deep into over-time.

Barry did a fair few in his time (away at Sale at Heywood Road rings a bell) and of course Shane's against Exeter.

GHA (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 12:02
Wonder if Johnny took inspiration from Chris Malone (Sm136)

bigbitty (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 17:42
On another vastly important matter - I thought the Irish shirts were awful. The players looked like they were in bibs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net