rugbyunion
Latest News:

Faf de Klerk avoids ban right call?
Marbo (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 09:38
So I am very curious about others views on this.

[www.rugbydump.com]

In this article it outlines Faf de Klerk's double yellow in the anglo welsh cup against Scarlets. I am torn on this matter. The rugby fan in me is glad he didn't get banned as it was a red card for professional fouls and no one was hurt so for the good of the premiership it means one of the best players in the league can play and he is a very exciting player love his playing style and talent.

But the other side of me as a rugby fan (and Ill admit I am slightly bias as Sale play Irish this weekend) thinks an example should have been made of him as the foundations of rugby is built on strong sportsmanship values and respect for the game. This throwing away of the ball after a penalty to deliberately slow down the game is really becoming major annoyance for me during games as I was always taught as a junior to respect the referee's decision balance the ball down and walk away. I feel that this continuous behaviour of deliberately slowing down the game is a poor example of sportsmanship and should be cracked down upon as we all want a fast following game as that often produces the best rugby. What's everyone else's thoughts?

Re: Faf de Klerk avoids ban right call?
Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 09:50
Fine with no ban for that. Second yellow and sending off is sufficient imo

fatlad76 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 10:04
Perhaps all professionals should be shown the advert shown on ITV to stop play and tie a shoe lace!(Sm100)

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 10:34
There are two different types of rugby, the grass roots type of throw the ball in the lineout out straight, feed the ball in the scrum straight down the middle and of course show some manners, then there's the professional game, get away with what you can.

They should never be confused as being the same game.

There is sometimes a mini purge when the normal grass roots laws are enforced, this lasts 2.5 games into the season for pro clubs or the first 21mins 34secs of an international.

Bohemiansingles@yahoo.com
631-563-9892

cjm. (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 10:34
In general rugby needs to re-enforce the respect aspect of the game. There is too much petulance these days.

Steelman (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 12:50
[quote cjm.]In general rugby needs to re-enforce the respect aspect of the game. There is too much petulance these days.[/quote.

Yep ,let's get back to the underused marching them back 10 yards days,always loved that.
I'm much amused by footballs start with the video ref. Rugby players get their breath back and wait for the inevitable.Footballers stomp around arguing with anyone about anything wth wild looks in their eyes,and then they their managers and the football media carry on arguing about the video footage.Lads,it's meant to be like CCTV. That's the descision,like it or lump it restart game,sorted.
Looking forward to Faf v Piet Show on Saturday,won't be much box kicking.

Saz's old man (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 09:39
When I played a red card was an automatic one month ban...that was before you went in front of beak...

harristocratt (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 11:24
The game is going to pot did you see all of those Irish players diving on top of Sexton at the weekend. It looked like the winning goal in a wendy ball game.

Steelman (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 11:42
Wind and rain tomorrow, could do with few more Limerick boys in the squad.
TBC and Marshall will need their kicking boots on or will Tommy get a late call-up.?

DaveTVT (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 13:22
Throwing away a ball - especially into the crowd - when a penalty is given, 5 yards back.....And if it goes further than row G, 10 yards back. Simple.(Sm9)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net