rugbyunion
Latest News:

Team's Up
GHA (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 12:00
London Irish: 15 James Marshall, 14 Joe Cokanasiga, 13 Tom Fowlie, 12 Luke McLean, 11 Alex Lewington, 10 Theo Brophy Clews, 9 Piet van Zyl, 1 Ben Franks, 2 David Paice, 3 Ollie Hoskins, 4 Franco van der Merwe (c), 5 Teofilo Paulo, 6 Arno Botha, 7 Max Northcote-Green, 8 Ofisa Treviranus

Replacements: 16 Saia Fainga’a, 17 Harry Elrington, 18 Petrus du Plessis, 19 Sebastian De Chaves, 20 Blair Cowan, 21 Scott Steele, 22 Tommy Bell, 23 Aseli Tikoirotuma

[www.london-irish.com]

Also Jacob Atkins has gone on loan to Scottish

Re: Team's Up
PV (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 12:09
Few guys who haven't played for over a month in there!

fatlad76 (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 12:18
Like the team but would have prefered williams. No mention as to why he is replace, I thought he had a good game in Cardiff.
Very strong bench but would also have liked to see cowan on from the start.

If JOC starts for Sale it will be interesting how they handle him. Excited for this one COYI!

Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 12:26
Ross Harrison
Rob Webber
WillGriff John
Bryn Evans
Josh Beaumont
Jono Ross
Ben Curry
Josh Strauss
Faf De Klerk
Sam James
Josh Charnley
Luke James
Will Addison
Paulo Odogwu
Mike Haley

subs
Marc Jones
James Flynn
Halani Aulika
George Nott
Cameron Nield
TJ (missing from original posting)
Will Cliff
Mark Jennings

So no JOC or Yarde

aah Bisto (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 12:27
So have I missed the announcement of David Paige being stripped of the captaincy or is he still sitting on the naughty step for a while?

Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 12:33
I am assuming David is Club Captain, I also assume that the matchday captain will flick round as Nick sees fit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2018 13:24 by Irish 'Stoker.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 12:47
I simply can't believe that for an incredibly important match, when our very future may rest on the outcome, that we have selected Luke McLean.

Aside from the fact that he hasn't played for about 2 months, when he did play he was pedestrian, at best.

Marshall at 10, TBC at 12 and Tommy at 15 looks a much better choice IMHO.

norg2072 (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 13:15
Completely agree, its a really strong team except for LM.

This game is so winnable COYI

Narbia (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 13:29
Quote:
norg2072
Completely agree, its a really strong team except for LM.
This game is so winnable COYI

I'd guess Luke McLean is in there to defend, not attack. We'll see from the stats after the match whether that was the case or not.

Maybe he'll manage 12 tackles made with zero missed, again.

I think Sale are looking to play an arm-wrestle here. A brute ugly narrow win for LI is perfectly fine by me.

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 14:15
Presuming Johnny is injured, it comes down to whether you make 1 change and bring in Luke at 12, or 3 changes in shifting Theo and James Marshall round to bring in Tommy Bell. Personally I think Kendo has probably made the right call. I'm no great fan of McLean, but Tommy has been in poor form when he's played over the past few months, and TBC and Marshall have looked good at 10 and 15 the past two weeks. The team is least disrupted this way, which has to be a positive. Here's hoping that McLean has a stormer tomorrow.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 14:18
I feel we should be winning this game. The players are there to do it, sale are usually poor on the road. Like the look of this team, don’t see what benefit there can be to using McLean ahead of Williams. They’ve been building a team for this game, even if Williams was injured I’d keep TBC and use him at 12. Hopefully we don’t sit back, bring the game to them and make them uncomfortable

Steelman (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 18:07
Quote:
Irish 'Stoker
Ross Harrison
Rob Webber
WillGriff John
Bryn Evans
Josh Beaumont
Jono Ross
Ben Curry
Josh Strauss
Faf De Klerk
Sam James
Josh Charnley
Luke James
Will Addison
Paulo Odogwu
Mike Haley

subs
Marc Jones
James Flynn
Halani Aulika
George Nott
Cameron Nield
TJ (missing from original posting)
Will Cliff
Mark Jennings

So no JOC or Yarde

So Wots the problem with them,no alarm clock, little sniffle,anyone know?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net