rugbyunion
Latest News:

Teams Up
Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 11:58
London Irish: 15 James Marshall, 14 Joe Cokanasiga, 13 Tom Fowlie, 12 Luke McLean, 11 Alex Lewington, 10 Greig Tonks, 9 Piet van Zyl, 1 Ben Franks, 2 David Paice, 3 Ollie Hoskins, 4 Franco van der Merwe (c), 5 Teofilo Paulo, 6 Arno Botha, 7 Max Northcote-Green, 8 Ofisa Treviranus

Replacements: 16 Dave Porecki, 17 Harry Elrington, 18 Petrus Du Plessis, 19 Sebastian De Chaves, 20 Conor Gilsenan, 21 Scott Steele, 22 Tommy Bell, 23 Aseli Tikoirotuma

OFFie

Re: Teams Up
exile99 (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 12:00
Referee: Ian Tempest (41st Premiership game).
Assistant Referees: Simon Harding & Jonathan Healy. TMO: Trevor Fisher.
Citing Officer: Ashley Rowden with Alan Mansell.

Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 12:02
SAINTS V LONDON IRISH TEAM NEWS
Aviva Premiership Rugby, Round 15
Franklin’s Gardens
Saturday 17th February, 2018
Kick-off: 3pm
SAINTS
15 Ahsee Tuala
14 George North
13 Rob Horne
12 Luther Burrell
11 Ben Foden
10 Piers Francis
9 Nic Groom
1 Campese Ma’afu
2 Mikey Haywood
3 Kieran Brookes
4 Api Ratuniyarawa
5 Christian Day (capt)
6 Jamie Gibson
7 Heinrich Brüssow
8 Teimana Harrison
Replacements:
16 Reece Marshall
17 Francois van Wyk
18 Jamal Ford-Robinson
19 David Ribbans
20 Tom Wood
21 Cobus Reinach
22 Stephen Myler
23 Nafi Tuitavake
Injury update:
Alex Waller and James Craig are unavailable for selection.

olw131 (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 12:26
Nice to see Porecki and Conor back but too little too late. Team selection shows a lack of ambition once again. Looking forward to hearing about the Tonks-McLean axis of dreams...

Saints' back row of Gibson, Brussow and Harrison will tear us to shreds.

Hope to be proved wrong, come on you Irish, etc.

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 12:29
Can't see us winning with that team. What has happened to Jonny Williams?

fatlad76 (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 12:52
and Blair?

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 12:59
That centre partnership has no fear factor at all. Luke McLean’s club career should have been a warning sign to us. Very little can happen in a backline with a 12 like that

FrTed (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 13:05
I received an email from the Club saying that staying up was still mathematically possible.

That's good news, save it reminded me of Bumble commentating on the 20/20 the other night when he said "England just need three sixes off the last three balls to win".

Just felt it wasn't going to happen.

Which is sad.

Anonymous User (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 13:16
Expecting us to win by 6-10

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 13:18
All pretty typical really. They play virtual warm up games for weeks with a Theo/Williams axis, then both get injured (assuming Johnny is injured) just as the AP starts again.

Strong looking Saints team too

GHA (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 14:45
Quote:
Florida

Expecting us to score in multiples of 3 again

COYI

Anonymous User (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 16:38
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
Florida

Expecting us to score in multiples of 3 again

COYI

I'm quietly confident of a couple of 7s

orsoncart (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 17:16
Just thinking what a major impact has been made by our close season signings

Narbia (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 18:52
For those going to the match, I hope Irish manage to get the ball out wide in the oppo 22, and the wingers do their stuff. Hope you get something to shout about.

#GO 11RSH

Bill the chip (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 19:05
Ha ha narbia!!! GO 11RSH will be there .... really hoping she’s got something to sing about at the end of the day!! We’re long overdue

M51 (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 19:45
I fear the worst as the Saints are fielding a very good side. Lets hope the Greig/Luke 10 12 partnership surprises us all with a thrilling display.
Cmon U Irish

grumpy1960 (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 05:19
Quote:
M51
I fear the worst as the Saints are fielding a very good side. Lets hope the Greig/Luke 10 12 partnership surprises us all with a thrilling display.
Cmon U Irish

And then you woke up.

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 09:43
I feel it is now or never for LI today. Hopefully they will turn up and take the game to Saints. This will then set up a MAJOR game next weekend against Worcester. I am hoping that after these twwo games we will be 3 points behind Worcester and 6 behind Saints.

Not a bad dream.

Nurse - I'm ready for my medication!!

Come on you Irish

Paul

NMB (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 10:26
Yeh the possibility is still there, I had hoped for a minimum of 9 points from this block of 3 and that is still possible although it's a lot harder now!

However Worcester are just playing too well compared to us for the gap to realistically be closed.

We can hope though...

Robbers Dog (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 14:58
Simple really, either Irish win today and next week or they are relegated. Even with two wins it'll be a struggle, but lose today and I reckon it's Goodnight Vienna.....

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 17:59
The fat lady is singing.(Sm124)

Finno (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 23:29
I've taken until Sunday evening to comment...hugely disappointed! We are effectively relegated period(as the Americans would say).

Personally, I've always thought that the squad was strong enough to survive...but the coaching has let us down. Coaching 18 year olds and concentrating on the positives is fine for nurturing 18 year olds, but not for seasoned professionals who need to hear the truth,and a kick up the ass!

Where we really missed a trick, was to do whatever it took to bring Cockers in as DOR before Edinburgh snapped him up. If we had we would not be be in this position today!

Just look at their last two results, beat Leinster at home and Ulster away!

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
19 February, 2018 06:37
Cockers signed with Edinburgh this time last season. I can't see any scenario where he would have joined us (or we would have looked to change mid season). Edinburgh were a much better gig.

On the player side, I don't think the players are as good as sometimes suggested, but that argument has been done to death.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net