rugbyunion
Latest News:

The worlds daftest back line.
Steelman (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 20:27
Maybe Dodge has chucked away his cones, and has been practicing sinuous moves where Joe or Lewy come flashing in at pace between our scrum and fly, or maybe tomorrow it will be the same old sh*te, but on the face of it how will the ball reach our wingers .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2018 07:35 by Steelman.

Re: The worlds daftest back line.
GHA (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 17:01
Quote:
Steelman
Maybe Dodge has chucked away his cones, and has been practicing sinuous moves where Joe or Lewy come flashing in at pace between our scrum and fly, or maybe tomorrow it will be the same old sh*te, but on the face of it how will the ball reach our wingers .

I think I walk quicker than McLean runs

LLL (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 17:52
Would’ve been miraculous to have survived this season with novice coaches. Gutting that we’ve had so man narrow losses, 4 pointers against Wasps, Bath and someone else I can’t recall off hand. And again today - it’s far from a hiding.

LLL (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 17:54
Oops wrong thread, sorry. Can’t be ersed to move it, don’t know how to anyway.

GHA (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 18:00
It's far from a hiding but we were 14 points up and didn't even get the LBP sad smiley

Shawshank (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 18:05
They ARE novice coaches/DOR.

But to play McLean in the last 2 crucial matches, in the critical 12 position, has been utterly criminal.

I have thought all season that we should stick with NJK even if we were relegated, but with this farce I’m beginning to have my doubts...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/02/2018 01:07 by Shawshank.

GHA (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 18:06
Controversial opinion again, but I thought we should've stuck with Tom Coventry. I know you'll disagree Shankerankers winking smiley

TheRealBigEasy (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 18:08
The man, dod ŕt least, have some experience

cjm. (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 18:16
Quote:
GHA
Controversial opinion again, but I thought we should've stuck with Tom Coventry. I know you'll disagree Shankerankers winking smiley

I would have agreed with that as well but it would not have been an easy sell. Certainly a large number of posters got the coaches they wished and it has shown the folly of sentimentality in professional rugby these days. An experienced DoR could have got a lot more out the team than has been shown.

Up until now I haven't criticised McLean because he has been good defensively. However even PDP made a more convincing line break today than I have seen him do and he missed the tackle that let Saints back in.

I think we probably took him because at least he was a name/international rather than a lower league journeyman.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 18:17
It’s an interesting question...

I think most would agree that we have had a stronger squad this year than under Uncle Tom, but likewise we have been hit harder with injuries this year.

NJK’s selection policy has been as hit and miss as Tom’s. Favourites such as PDP and LMc are beyond my understanding.

Our defence has been better but our attack probably just as woeful.

Not much in it really.

But at least we’re Stronger Together.

GHA (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 19:02
We had four wins under Coventry. Currently one down, three to go, seven games left...

waltham (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 19:13
So, 7 x 5 = 35 points up for grabs... Simples eh? Don't Panic!

GHA (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 19:16
Fingers crossed, still #praying4change and #bleedingoutofmyeyeballsgreen though

waltham (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 20:02
Quote:
GHA
Fingers crossed, still #praying4change and #bleedingoutofmyeyeballsgreen though

:-) yup...us too

grumpy1960 (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 20:11
Just woeful again !

Conceding 19 points in 10 minutes is just not acceptable at this level , the Three Amigos more like the Three Stooges!!!!

We are a laughing stock , that’s it no more I’ll not waste anymore time, emotions or money
On a team so poor and devoid on any professional nouse or tactics
Same mistakes being made week in week out.

I feel for George Skivinton , Line out & turnovers won (Blair Cowan) near the top of premiership stats but we don’t do anything with these platforms , just hand over ball back usually by aimless kicking by the backs .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/02/2018 05:17 by grumpy1960.

Sell the Old Jags
Steelman (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 03:11
Sell the old Jags ,i know,iknow,we won't get anything for them, but give them a tidy up and get them off
the premises.Yes ,you Nick,it's your job,next year we'll run a few younger cheaper more reliable mpv,s, i want them on the front of the forcourt now, get Skivs to help you.And Nick, get shot of that minibus with the cones around it.
Oh and Nick,concentrate on the realities rather than the positives.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/02/2018 07:45 by Steelman.

LLL (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 07:34
As for the Obsession with “A lot of positives here” etc., who on earth thinks this is a good idea?

What message is this sending out? Is it not patently obvious how damaging this is by its implied acceptance of desperately poor performance? And a total absence of mature leadership?

It is utterly limp, wet, misguided and stupid. It really is symptomatic of the entire problem.

We just got relegated by shipping 3 tries in 8 minutes and the club commentary starts with “A lot of positives here”.

Frankly with an attitude of utter stupidity and immaturity like that, we deserve to go down. Man up, for crying out loud.

olw131 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 10:44
Quote:
LLL
As for the Obsession with “A lot of positives here” etc., who on earth thinks this is a good idea?
What message is this sending out? Is it not patently obvious how damaging this is by its implied acceptance of desperately poor performance? And a total absence of mature leadership?

It is utterly limp, wet, misguided and stupid. It really is symptomatic of the entire problem.

We just got relegated by shipping 3 tries in 8 minutes and the club commentary starts with “A lot of positives here”.

Frankly with an attitude of utter stupidity and immaturity like that, we deserve to go down. Man up, for crying out loud.

Yes - I had exactly the same criticisms last time we were in the Prem...

Clearly the threat of relegation makes a club and its players shrink to pathetic shells of what they could potentially be. Perhaps no matter what coach we had or which players we had on the field, we just won't win.

Whilst we played some good rugby in the 1st half (on the blurry medium by which I was viewing the action) it was Saints who had a more ruthless attitude. Piers Francis' drop goal says it all. Got his fair share of criticism from Saints supporters but that is the kind of know-how that wins you games. Wish our duds could take note.

harristocratt (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 11:40
We have a large squad but it seems from this thread and others that two players are responsible for our situation.

That being the case you have to blame the coaches for not getting rid of those two and then we would have stayed up.

waltham (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 15:46
The Times seems to think McClean was very good...Yes? / No? We weren't there

Old-nick (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 16:09
I was there, I thought Luke McLean had good game but did miss a tackle which lead to a Saints try.

cjm. (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 16:37
Quote:
Old-nick
I was there, I thought Luke McLean had good game but did miss a tackle which lead to a Saints try.

He is solid defensively , try excepted, but just doesn't seem to make a break. Could be symptomatic of our whole backline tending to be slow and sideways.

Finno (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 23:09
Quote:
cjm.
Quote:
Old-nick

He is solid defensively , try excepted, but just doesn't seem to make a break. Could be symptomatic of our whole backline tending to be slow and sideways.

I thought he had his best game for us offensively this season, and looked good, but that missed tackle against Burrell was horrendous...he just ran over him!

SirBurger (IP Logged)
19 February, 2018 12:19
Quote:
GHA

I think a better argument can be made that we should have stuck with Brian Smith...

cjm. (IP Logged)
19 February, 2018 13:42
Think we are in need of a time-travelling DeLorean now.

Steelman (IP Logged)
19 February, 2018 14:00
I'm sure if the club moves quick it can get some EEC funding to develop Sunbury.New road through to the Upper Halliford roundabout, couple of pop up stands, the Irish coffee bar
O'Briens Soup Stall,running rugby every Saturday...MIGHTY !

thenugget45 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2018 16:00
Are Smith and Booth available? be good to get the old band back together..

cjm. (IP Logged)
19 February, 2018 16:19
Quote:
thenugget45
On a mission from god?

Aa545 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2018 16:20
Quote:
Steelman
I'm sure if the club moves quick it can get some EEC funding to develop Sunbury.New road through to the Upper Halliford roundabout, couple of pop up stands, the Irish coffee bar
O'Briens Soup Stall,running rugby every Saturday...MIGHTY !
Wouldn’t improve crowds or improve the style of rugby one bit.

LLL (IP Logged)
19 February, 2018 16:33
Quote:
cjm.
Quote:
thenugget45
On a mission from god?

With their dry white toast and their 4 fried chickens?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net