rugbyunion
Latest News:

Bright Side of Life
Horticbm (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 08:41
I am Irish, supporter since when my father could take me to matches,We are in a position apart from Loyal die hard support as forecasted by the pundits,almost certainly heading for Championship, low crowds, losing a player with a great future and possibly more,I have never seen such a deminishing Irishness at the club, Fields of Athenry sung so light hearted...I have a suggestion, replace Fields of Athenry with the following, with lyrics so apt for us, can sing this whole heartedly when Worcs come and put us to the sword next ; It worked for Brian!!

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear
And curse
When you're chewing on
Life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...
And...

... Always look on the bright side
Of life...
(Whistle)

Always look on the light side
Of life...
(Whistle)

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and
Dance and sing
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle
- that's the thing.
And... Always look on the bright
Side of life...
(Whistle)

Come on.

Always look on the bright side
Of life...
(Whistle)

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain
With a bow
Forget about your sin - give the
Audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance
Anyhow.
So always look on the bright side
Of death
Just before you draw your
Terminal breath
Life's a piece of @#$%&
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke
It's true
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh
Is on you
And always look on the bright side
Of life...
(Whistle)

Always look on the right side
Of life...
(Whistle)

Come on Brian, cheer up.

Of life...

Of life...

Worse things happen at sea you know.

Of life...

I mean - what have you got to lose?
You know, you come from nothing
- you're going back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing.

Always look on the right side of life

Re: Bright Side of Life
Lazyboy346 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 10:37
Thanks Horticbm, needed something optimistic after a few months of getting kicked in the teeth (not just the rugby).

We're not down yet although I think we will be and there's still time to give the youngsters a run and regain our reputation as everyone's favourite underdogs. Let the coaches show they can get us playing attractive rugby again.

Yes we've not got the quality or the experience of some others, we lack control in the backs and big carriers up front. But we've been like that for years and still shown we can play a good game even if we don't win all that much.

London Irish are still a club in the top 15 in the country. We've not gone the way of Welsh or a few others yet and we've still got time to change that. I hope we go all out against Worcester next week and entertain the crowd regardless of how many of us are there.

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 12:01
When have this coaching team demonstrated that they can play attractive, entertaining rugby(excluding the Quins game at twickers)? Last season most of the tries came from the forwards and rolling mauls (something we have seen little of this season).

Pretty hacked off right now and still unsure whether to renew ny ST for next year (only benefit - I will be over 65).

grumpy1960 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 21:17
Quote:
paulm1953
When have this coaching team demonstrated that they can play attractive, entertaining rugby(excluding the Quins game at twickers)? Last season most of the tries came from the forwards and rolling mauls (something we have seen little of this season).
Pretty hacked off right now and still unsure whether to renew ny ST for next year (only benefit - I will be over 65).

Totally agree PaulM ,
We have decided enough is enough, just see the season out & not renew ST no sorry Membership for next year

19 February, 2018 14:10
I assume that there are a few of us wondering about renewing the membership next season. I hope the club comes up with something special to reward the loyal supporters.

DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
19 February, 2018 14:20
I didn't enjoy the home matchday experience at all last year. It still hasn't fully recovered as far as I'm concerned. The band in the Cow Shed always made me forget the dullness of the game.

The current set up in the Windsor Suite just doesn't do it for me.

I'll see you all in Ealing, Penzance, Jersey, Richmond, etc.

GHA (IP Logged)
19 February, 2018 14:23
T-shirt cannons, re-usable plastic pint glasses, cheerleaders, fireworks, local mini-rugby clubs forming guards of honour and playing on the pitch at half time, and the band in the Cow Shed...

thenugget45 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2018 15:57
put the drummers behind the posts to get both East and West firing on all cylinders - as well as the players in the middle

Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 12:39
We should've reduced the admission price for the crucial home games just after Christmas. I understand that the club pays a rent etc to Reading FC for the use of the facilities but surely if we had run a 'pay what you want' scheme which football clubs run we'd have packed out the mad stad and made it an intimidating cauldron of noise for opposition players.

But we continue to charge £20+ to sit in a soulless concrete bowl.

Ah well.

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 13:24
Hopefully Brentford will have less concrete in the bowl (Sm100)

GHA (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 13:44
And a better team on the grass winking smiley

waltham (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 20:24
I really don't mean this as a negative, however I really can't see Brentord now remaining on the radar if we are relegated. The attendee numbers included in the planning submissions are on the high side of mythical, which I suspect could mean the planned joint venture commercial company may not make sense. Remember the LI wouldn't be an equity holder in the stadium anyway.
Somewhere else might be a better bet??

Aa545 (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 22:05
Quote:
thenugget45
put the drummers behind the posts to get both East and West firing on all cylinders - as well as the players in the middle
Would make more sense to close the East stand and have everyone sat together .

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 09:22
Last season the West stand was like sitting in a Moon bar (i.e. lacked atmosphere). Hated the experience (nothing against West stand fans).

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 09:28
Quote:
paulm1953
Last season the West stand was like sitting in a Moon bar (i.e. lacked atmosphere). Hated the experience (nothing against West stand fans).

I agree, didn’t particularly enjoy my experience of the West stand.

Aa545 (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 22:11
Quote:
paulm1953
Ok, close the West Stand and just open the East.
Some of the games I went to last season had a better atmosphere than this given the crowd size IMP.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net