rugbyunion
Latest News:

Kennedy interview on BT
HMRH (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 07:16
sport.bt.com/kennedy-takes-blame-for-london-irishs-woes-91364253395248

Short but very open interview with Kennedy. Not 100% sure I think itís his fault but admire him for openly accepting the blame rather than the players

Re: Kennedy interview on BT
Aa545 (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 08:17
Quote:
HMRH
sport.bt.com/kennedy-takes-blame-for-london-irishs-woes-91364253395248
Short but very open interview with Kennedy. Not 100% sure I think itís his fault but admire him for openly accepting the blame rather than the players
Unfortunately the players only follow the orders of the coaching staff so our performances rests at the coaches door.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 08:28
Do you recon some of the players are coached to miss tackles and drop passes?
I think the blame should be spread out amongst all like Strawberry jam.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 08:33
I thought it was a good honest interview. Obviously not a lot of fun for him at the moment, but the buck does always stop at the feet of guy in the top job.

Realistically avoiding relegation is gone, but will be interesting to see whether all involved can win back a little respect starting tomorrow.

The players v coaching thing has been done to death, but suffice to say, every dropped ball, missed tackle and simply not being as good as his opposite number wasn't the coaches fault.

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 08:40
Nick must be the nicest giant I have ever met but he needs an experienced head coach to direct him.

Aa545 (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 08:55
Quote:
paulm1953
Nick must be the nicest giant I have ever met but he needs an experienced head coach to direct him.
Should have been replaced weeks ago and should step down at the end of the season if he isnít sacked.

GHA (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 09:07
If players consistently drop balls, miss tackles or throw@#$%&passes then maybe the head coach hasn't got the right players in. If someone hired me to be an astronaut and I was rubbish at astronauting the person who hired me should take some of the blame, even if I wore my heart on my sleeve, gave 110% and left everything up there

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 09:11
Quote:
Aa545
Quote:
paulm1953
Should have been replaced weeks ago and should step down at the end of the season if he isnít sacked.

Yes I like the cut of your jib, shoot from the hip, ask questions later, the buck stops at the top, into the dark, on the merry-go-round, lessons learnt, back to square one.

GHA (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 09:13
Quote:
LI Bohemian
Quote:
Aa545
Quote:
paulm1953

Yes I like the cut of your jib, shoot from the hip, ask questions later, the buck stops at the top, into the dark, on the merry-go-round, lessons learnt, back to square one.

You mean back to the Championship

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 10:15
Quote:
GHA
If players consistently drop balls, miss tackles or throw@#$%&passes then maybe the head coach hasn't got the right players in. If someone hired me to be an astronaut and I was rubbish at astronauting the person who hired me should take some of the blame, even if I wore my heart on my sleeve, gave 110% and left everything up there

Sure, and is that because we got the wrong players in, because the coaches are inexperienced or because we are spending the least in the league. Probably a bit from each of the above imo

Horticbm (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 12:03
"Its Lonely at the top for he who wears the crown"

Shawshank (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 12:55
Our squad is better than 1 win out of 15.

We have not played up to the sum of our parts, let alone better. In particular our attack has been truly toothless. That must reflect on the coaching and tactics.

But the bloke at the top is actually Venter, who should certainly be booted out.

Aa545 (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 13:10
Quote:
Shawshank
We have not played up to the sum of our parts, let alone better. In particular our attack has been truly toothless. That must reflect on the coaching and tactics.

But the bloke at the top is actually Venter, who should certainly be booted out.
Boot them all out and let a new head coach bring in his own team.

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 15:19
Quote:
Aa545
Quote:
Shawshank

I donít know about you but I donít think there are any surplus to requirement head coach /DOR around at the moment, unless you can name a few??

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

GHA (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 15:47
Northampton, Ulster, South Africa all got rid of their head coaches recently

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 16:12
I ment specific name of people, not teams.

GHA (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 16:40
Jim Mallinder, Les Kiss, Allister Coetzee

Luton Irish (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 19:31
Les Kiss Defence Coach for next Season.? .................

Aa545 (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 19:57
Quote:
Exile_Dave
Quote:
Aa545
Quote:
Shawshank

I donít know about you but I donít think there are any surplus to requirement head coach /DOR around at the moment, unless you can name a few??
I am available, gave up coaching a couple of years ago after being county champions at under 7,8 and 9.
Pretty impressive IMO, couldnít do much worse than what we have at present.

Steelman (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 21:53
Quote:
Aa545
Quote:
Exile_Dave
Quote:
Aa545
Quote:
Shawshank

I am available, gave up coaching a couple of years ago after being county champions at under 7,8 and 9.

Seems to be a bit of a conflict of interest here. You call for Nicks head on a plate and put your CV in your next post.Mind you, it seems you have that win at all costs philosophy lacking in the current set up . Wot county was it.

GHA (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 22:44
Guy Noves, Steve Tandy, Ben Ryan (good Lord just imagine...)

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 10:14
Some good names there. Thanks

Aa545 (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 12:02
Quote:
Steelman
Quote:
Aa545
Quote:
Exile_Dave
Quote:
Aa545
Quote:
Shawshank

Boot them all out and let a new

head coach bring in his own team.

Seems to be a bit of a conflict of interest here. You call for Nicks head on a plate and put your CV in your next post.Mind you, it seems you have that win at all costs philosophy lacking in the current set up . Wot county was it.
Ha, ha .You saw through my plan, trying to gauge support level before saying I want the job.
County was Hampshire.

b.q.f.m (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 19:59
I hope those of you on here who hold such 'strong' views about Nick and his fellow coaches took time to share some of your thoughts and feelings with him today after the match when he firmly placed himself in the firing line after his post match interview in the club room.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net