rugbyunion
Latest News:

MotM nominations?
Griff (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 11:12
More fun this week I feel. There were some good performances all-round. Arno is in with a shout again but Paice, Trev and even Paulo despite the yellow. The backs looked like they were in the game too. Tonks played well and Joe got involved a lot, Piet probably had his best game for us.

Who was your top man?

Re: MotM nominations?
SirBurger (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 11:13
Arno for sure!

fatlad76 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 11:18
Arno was head and shoulders above the rest!

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 11:21
No need to bother with a poll this week.

It was Botha

cjm. (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 11:21
Yup think this MOTM is a one horse race. Arno. The other players games were lifted by his hard yards.

Derby Irish Fan (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 12:02
Botha great game I ball carrying forward who makes yards

Steelman (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 12:31
Might as well scrap this section Griff,
Arnos from another planet.

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 12:51
Botha by an absolute mile this week, was head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch. Not just the carrying either, made lots of tackles and generally made really smart plays all around the pitch.

Other performances of note from Hoskins and Williams who carried really well, Franco and Tom Fowlie whose workrate were exceptional, Marshall who looked his liveliest this season, and van Zyl and Tonks who look our best half back pairing by some distance.

FrTed (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 13:04
I haven't seen Botha play before. Was most impressed. From the stand he reminded me of "The Hound" from Game of Thrones i.e. both in appearance nothing gets in his way.

GHA (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 13:50
Arno

Narbia (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 13:51
Has anyone mentioned Botha? Oh, I see they have... Well Arno it is then.

Hon mention for Tonks too.

orsoncart (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 17:55
Very impressed, gave us a whole lot of go forward plus tackles.

No argument

HMRH (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 18:06
Arno had a great game but I thought the front row did well and had their front row in trouble several times - we were winning penalties quite often from Mr Doyle

Steelman (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 20:15
Strange but we,re so much more agreeable when we win

Steelman (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 20:16
!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/02/2018 20:42 by Steelman.

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 20:38
Botha.

Jonny Williams had one of his best games

Anonymous User (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 20:58
I'd opt for Botha and Arno smiling smiley

Aiden1011 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 22:04
Quote:
paulm1953
Botha.
Jonny Williams had one of his best games
Agree Johnny had one of his best games for us, so much better than McLean

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/02/2018 22:05 by Aiden1011.

rex96 (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 09:08
Quote:
Griff
More fun this week I feel. There were some good performances all-round. Arno is in with a shout again but Paice, Trev and even Paulo despite the yellow. The backs looked like they were in the game too. Tonks played well and Joe got involved a lot, Piet probably had his best game for us.
Who was your top man?

Paulo?!?!? He offered next to nothing all game ! Much rather have had seb on earlier!

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 09:28
Paulo, for his size, doesnít offer an awful lot on that viewing.

cjm. (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 09:57
Quote:
jimbo800
Paulo, for his size, doesnít offer an awful lot on that viewing.

He's been good in previous games, especially in defence, but as you say doesn't tend to make the yards you might expect.

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 10:47
Paulo was solid enough. Made 7 and missed no tackles, but hit a lot of attacking rucks to clear men out and try to get us quick ball. Heís not there for his carrying, but he did his job and did it well.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 10:52
Are you including the yellow card tackle? He wasnít bad, he just didnít look that effective. But from reports, heís usually decent.

cjm. (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 12:57
Just watched the yellow for Paulo. Is it just me or did the Worcester player just run into him? Seemed a bit iffy to me.

fatlad76 (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 15:13
Quote:
cjm.
Just watched the yellow for Paulo. Is it just me or did the Worcester player just run into him? Seemed a bit iffy to me.

That is exactly what I thought when i watched it live. For me he was standing still ok did dip his shoulder a bit but was not trying to tackle off the ball. I would have said he was bracing for the runner to run into him!
Thought the same when watching it back and was amazed that there was no comment from the commentators on the box.

Griff (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 15:27
I thought the same but on re-watch Filo definitely moves into the player too. Not a lot, maybe half a step, but the two together makes it a yellow. Fair call but I've still no idea what the attacker was doing, he'd well over-run any attack.

Xprop (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 18:00
Quote:
cjm.

I agree. Paulo just stood his ground and put his shoulder forward. Not even a penalty IMO

HMRH (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 18:31
Yellow every time as he clearly puts his shoulder in. No idea what the warriors player was doing......

millhillexile (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 16:34
Definitely Arno. On the subject of 2nd Row how long more is Coman out? I would like to see him play there again. Him and Arno would be good to have on the pitch at the same time.

SirBurger (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 16:39
Quote:
millhillexile
Definitely Arno. On the subject of 2nd Row how long more is Coman out? I would like to see him play there again. Him and Arno would be good to have on the pitch at the same time.

I believe he is out most of the season. So perhaps we will have to wait for the next campaign to see them on the pitch together...(Sm14)

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 17:13
Convincing arno to stay next year would be the best bit of business we've done since O'connor

Steelman (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 17:37
If we could just stay up, somehow the money would be found, he,s just way too good to lose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/02/2018 18:27 by Steelman.

millhillexile (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 12:34
Arno the new Maps(Sm128)

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 14:47
God itís a good feeling to be able to keep a MOtM thread going so long. Itís usually over and done with after the fourth or fifth comment

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net