rugbyunion
Latest News:

Blair Cowan
Aiden1011 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 12:21
Just seen on Sean Maitlands instagram story a photo of Blair in a Sarries jumper, not sure whatís gone on there

Re: Blair Cowan
jimbo800 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 12:37
Heís signed on again hasnít he?

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 14:10
Heís only recently renewed his contract.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Griff (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 14:32
Can't see anything on the feed. Blair's on there but seems to just be waiting in an airport (and not in a rugby shirt).

Aiden1011 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 14:44
Quote:
Griff
Can't see anything on the feed. Blair's on there but seems to just be waiting in an airport (and not in a rugby shirt).
it was on his Instagram story but heís now deleted it!!

Griff (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 14:47
I don't IG but aren't images on the story their equivalent of SnapChat so they delete after a set-time anyway?

Aiden1011 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 14:50
Quote:
Griff
I don't IG but aren't images on the story their equivalent of SnapChat so they delete after a set-time anyway?
they will normally delete automatically after 24 hours but Maitland only put it up today

Gazzle (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 09:00
Loan confirmed by the official London Irish twitter feed. A bit odd and presumably not being considered as essential for our run in

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 09:03 by Gazzle.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 09:05
Presumably to save a few quid, but does seem a little like running up a white flag. Unless something has gone on behind the scenes.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 09:05
Intresting, are we preparing for the future then by giving max and conor the 7 shirt for the remainder of the season

Marbo (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 09:14
Not a move I would have made but in the bigger picture it makes sense looking towards the future. I assume Sarries approached us on this matter rather than the other way round. But I do fear that if Blair does well he might use a get out clause in his contract (if there is one) to stay in premiership while we go down, which would be a huge loss for us in leadership and experience.

DaveTVT (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 09:15
I'll reserve judgement for now and wait for the press release that Billy V is coming back the other way as part of his return to play and to help with our lack of cover at 8....

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 09:22
This seems mad to me. He was part of the back row that dominates he first game, until last week, our only win. Probably our most consistent performer for the past four years. Iíd pick him over all the Other sevens we have. I doubt heíll be coming back. Heís just the kind of player sarries like, same as Lewi, quality without being called up for international games. Itís what they built their two prem and champions cup wins on.

waltham (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 09:43
According to the Offy:
"Cowan can be recalled on notice as part of the loan agreement"

tonyh50 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 09:51
Perhaps a tacit acceptance that we are Championship bound and are looking to unload players that could be both too expensive for us next season and who would wish to remain in the Premiership?.

NMB (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 09:56
Saracens could be paying a healthy wedge for a relatively small period of absence in which case I think it does make sense.

Cowan recently re-signed knowing exactly where we are heading and spoke about wanting to end his career here so based on that I'm going to assume he's staying with us.

orsoncart (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 11:17
(Sm161)Really good to see that the club hasn't given up on the season

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 11:18 by orsoncart.

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 11:19
Hope the loan deal doesnít allow him to play against us in our upcoming match with them.

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 12:02
We are doomed

Steelman (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 08:04
Quote:
DaveTVT
I'll reserve judgement for now and wait for the press release that Billy V is coming back the other way as part of his return to play and to help with our lack of cover at 8....

....or young Max Malins at fly half,anyone catch his couple of try's off the bench at the weekend,wow.

Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 10:33
Quote:
jimbo800
This seems mad to me. He was part of the back row that dominates he first game, until last week, our only win. Probably our most consistent performer for the past four years. Iíd pick him over all the Other sevens we have. I doubt heíll be coming back. Heís just the kind of player sarries like, same as Lewi, quality without being called up for international games. Itís what they built their two prem and champions cup wins on.

Our most consistent performer .... in a team which have been relegated twice in three seasons. Thanks Blair, you were great and you'll probably end up with a medal at the end of the season, but he won't be a big loss to us.

Next season is a second chance for us to right the wrongs of last season. Getting rid of the real dead wood, running in tries instead of driving them over from short range etc. Get the players enjoying playing the game again instead of the same old rubbish.

GHA (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 11:04
We need a review first

Challow (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 13:44
Quote:
GHA
We need a review first
and a five year plan

Fursa (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 14:58
We are in the middle of a 5 year plan started by big Bob

Aa545 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 16:33
Quote:
Fursa
We are in the middle of a 5 year plan started by big Bob
Hasnít that been replaced by another 5 year plan?

Aiden1011 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 17:56
Interesting interview with Blair [twitter.com]

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 18:26
That seems to me like he isnít coming back. Seems a bit much for a simple loan deal.

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 22:25
....or young Max Malins at fly half,anyone catch his couple of try's off the bench at the weekend,wow.[/quote]

Wasp in peace. Yes. Wow. A real game breaker. Just what England needs! Wasps would happily take him too! After all, he might struggle for game time with Faz and Loz there.
Good luck for Sunday. And safe journeys, if travelling. Weíre puttung out our strongest available squad, which is a compliment to you guys and hopefully a statement of intent! We need to keep the pressure on the top 2. If itís as tough as the game at yours, it will be a cracker.

Vespulavulgaris (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 22:44
*edited* pocket post. Apologies.

The other place - [onceawasp.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2018 23:25 by Vespulavulgaris.

Finno (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 22:47
Quote:
Aiden1011

Quite frankly I'm disappointed, to put it mildly! He tried to jump ship last time around, but this time has succeeded.

Like all of us I thought he was LI through and through!

What I thought was true a LI legend, turns out to be nothing more than a mercenary!!

A lesson to all of us!

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 23:03
He hasn't exactly jumped ship. This is a deal that works for everyone imo and hopefully he comes back an even better player after learning from the likes of burger, Rhodes, Wray etc

aah Bisto (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 23:04
Yes there is a feeling of deja vu here, added to that is the fact that after fumbling around trying to find our best number 10 we end up with Grieg Tonks as our potential saviour

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 23:06
Blair was never an LI legend in my thinking, not saying that he isnít a consistently good player for us. He jumped ship from Worcester and fair play to him. I would put the likes of Topsey and Paicey as legends in the current playing side, so not to cut up about his going but will miss his presence on the pitch.

Finno (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 23:07
Quote:
Hugo.LI
He hasn't exactly jumped ship. This is a deal that works for everyone imo and hopefully he comes back an even better player after learning from the likes of burger, Rhodes, Wray etc

hmmmm, let's see!

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 23:16
Quote:
Finno
Quote:
Hugo.LI

hmmmm, let's see!

I'm probably looking at it through green tinted glasses and hoping for the best at the moment! Like you said, all will be revealed...!

Narbia (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 23:46
I wish Blair Cowan all the best and hope he ends his playing days at Sarries.

Thanks for a lot of great efforts and particularly the Paddy's day 2 years ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2018 23:46 by Narbia.

NigelN (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 12:07
Quote:
Finno
Quote:
Aiden1011

Quite frankly I'm disappointed, to put it mildly! He tried to jump ship last time around, but this time has succeeded.

What I thought was true a LI legend, turns out to be nothing more than a mercenary!!

A lesson to all of us!

I'm curious where you got that from in the interview? I heard it as LI/Sarries initiated move.

cjm. (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 13:29
Quote:
Finno
Quote:
Aiden1011

A lesson to all of us!

Any rugby player that's worth having wants to play at the highest level they can so I have no such concerns about Blair. We have a team that works hard, and Blair epitomised that, but we have still underachieved. If he can better himself at Sarries fair enough, if he comes back he would be welcome IMV.

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 15:32
Blair Cowan has been a great player for LI. He has consistently put his body on the lime. I wish him all the best in his loan period at Sarries (hope he is not allowed to play against us).
Would be great to have him back.
This loan period will save LI some money and give Conor and Max more game time.

M51 (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 21:01
A great player and I really admired his total commitment for 80 minutes time after time. Good luck Blair it has been a pleasure to watch you in the LI shirt. Oh and my grand daughter will be totally distraught.
Cheers Mate

SirBurger (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 23:31
Not sure if heís coming back or not, but literally nothing in that interview to suggest an answer either way.

berksmenxxx (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 16:57
If he has a chance to stay at Sarries and play in the European Cup, be challenging for the title he has to take it.
If he does good luck.

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 19:37
Quote:
berksmenxxx
If he has a chance to stay at Sarries and play in the European Cup, be challenging for the title he has to take it.
If he does good luck.

Wouldnít he be cup tied?

HMRH (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 19:46
Why? Not registered in same competition or is it different for European competitions?

berksmenxxx (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 16:14
Sorry I meant for next season not this one sad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net