rugbyunion
Latest News:

Newcastle : the next Exeter?
LLL (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 08:06
Fantastic season so far. Remarkable progress in last few years. Got to hand it to them.

Re: Newcastle : the next Exeter?
Shawshank (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 08:50
Agreed, they seem to make very astute signings which coupled with good local youngsters has seen on an upward arc.

I suspect that Dave Walder has much to do it, as has their shift to playing on an artificial surface.

They were however pretty lucky to beat Glos by a point yesterday, as the ref let them infringe incessantly at the breakdown and they missed 4/4 kicks

Garym (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 09:30
Hardly, they bought the very first premiership title when John Hall invested his millions in the club and then got rid of the gosforth club. Granted they are having a good season this year, tric’ is to do it again and again and ....

tatthecraic2 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 11:01
Theye got a coach with a proven track record and a mindset (regardless of ethical application) to win no matter what. High expectation and a coach who attracts players with his abilities and is astute enough to apply the right people in the right places...

I could go in a rant about how we've never had or done that but...

I hope they are the next exeter that will be great news for rugby union in the north and is good over all for the competitiveness for english rugby regardless of where london irish are in the world of rugby.

Best of luck to them.

GHA (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 12:09
Irish: the same old Irish sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2018 12:19 by GHA.

Alphacat (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 03:23
I have noticed since watching Irish they have finished 9th, 10th, 10th, 12th, 1st (Champ), and now probably 12th.

I started watching Ospreys from last season, look at them now.

Hopefully I don't bring back luck to sports teams I support... o.o

Steelman (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 13:56
Quote:
Alphacat
I have noticed since watching Irish they have finished 9th, 10th, 10th, 12th, 1st (Champ), and now probably 12th.
I started watching Ospreys from last season, look at them now.

Hopefully I don't bring back luck to sports teams I support... o.o

On the same topic , I must confess to be considering an affair with Glos.Whilst I
would never stop loving my Iris,she no longer makes me laugh or tickles my senses now the halcyon days have gone.Glos are like that cheeky new blonde in the office,endlessly teasing me, forever showing the old duffer how young carefree and live for the moment she is.Hopefully I,ll come to my senses before I loose everything,.....
....but who would know and wot harm would it do,you only live once.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 16:14
I certainly don't get the old air of anticipation and excitement when heading down to the Madstad for a game.

Last time I was genuinely 'on edge' was before last May's final, and before then...so long ago.

Remember those 'rocking' days at home v Perpignan and Munster?

Seems like an age away.

tatthecraic2 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 16:43
Perpignan, Biaritz

Once huge names in world rugby have been low in second tier rugby for the last few seasons...

I fear there is a parallel here for us... although unlike Perpignan or Biaritz, we've never won European gold...

GHA (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 20:51
Munster at home, beating Leinster at their place on a Friday night

LLL (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 22:19
Beaten Saints today, cracking game - now 3rd. Looked like a big crowd too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net