rugbyunion
Latest News:

Ben Franks
Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 10:12
Just read in today’s TRP that Ben Franks looks set to join Northampton Saints at the end of the season. That a big wedge of money we will save if this true.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Re: Ben Franks
cjm. (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 10:28
Quote:
Exile_Dave
Just read in today’s TRP that Ben Franks looks set to join Northampton Saints at the end of the season. That a big wedge of money we will save if this true.

TBH It was nice to have a RWC winning all black in the squad but I don't think it has counted for much in the end.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 10:57
He was superb for us last year to be fair. Player of the season for me. Not what we signed him for really but welcome all the same.

Was always likely to leave at the end of this season when his contract was up. Thought he may retire and pursue other interests, but good luck to him if Saints is where he ends up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2018 11:06 by Margin_Walker.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:04
Yep agreed he was fantastic last year and wish him well wherever he ends up. Thankfully we look okay at tight head with Hoskins playing some good rugby at the moment

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:08
Don't forget Saulo also primed to make an impact towards the end of the season.

He's not really here is he...

Shawshank (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 12:00
His defensive play last year was fantastic, never seem better.

But he’s been pretty disappointing in the scrum all his time with us. At best we only get parity, and you should expect more from a 50 cap AB.

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 12:01
Quote:
Margin_Walker
He was superb for us last year to be fair. Player of the season for me. Not what we signed him for really but welcome all the same.
Was always likely to leave at the end of this season when his contract was up. Thought he may retire and pursue other interests, but good luck to him if Saints is where he ends up.

He’s only 33 so has a few years yet until he retires.

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 12:02
Quote:
Hugo.LI
Yep agreed he was fantastic last year and wish him well wherever he ends up. Thankfully we look okay at tight head with Hoskins playing some good rugby at the moment

Hopefully Danny Hobbs will be fit next season to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net