rugbyunion
Latest News:

O/T - Ford and Farrell
Shawshank (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 18:02
Can anyone explain what Ford actually brings?

He doesnít do the kicking, he canít tackle and Farrell is a better passer.

If we have any chance of the RWC we need to say goodbye to Ford.

Re: O/T - Ford and Farrell
Shawshank (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 18:10
And when we are 10pts down with 10 mins to go we bring on the Donkey Brown and the kicking machine Wigglesworth.😱

Bill the chip (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 18:18
Wow not only are you the saviour of Irish you have all the answers at international level too ......

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 18:30
There are a number of passangers in this England team. Time to drop ford, Robshaw, Cole, care,Hartley etc

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 18:46
Quote:
Hugo.LI
There are a number of passangers in this England team. Time to drop ford, Robshaw, Cole, care,Hartley etc
This post is looking a bit generic, Hartley didnít even play and Robshaw had a good game
Should we call for Eddy Jones head yet?

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 19:06
There are too many players in that squad who are coming from teams having poor seasons. Picked on reputation rather than form.

Steelman (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 19:22
Sorry ed, nothing wrong with the coach , just the results, you now have to go, as the papers might just hint tomorrow. That's how it is with England teams. Resign tomorrow, I promise it's the easy way, before the turnip heads appear.

Shawshank (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 19:36
Lawes isnít proper 6, esp. out of place if the rest of the back row lacks pace.

What happened to Curry? Eddie seems to have banished him.

The nearer we are getting to RWC weaker we seem.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 20:28
I thing that England do not rule the breakdown compaired to all teams in the six nations, on top of that they are slower to react to the officials interpretation of what is acceptable at the breakdown, Ireland are lightyears ahead of all the teams in that department and deserve all they have earned.

Smudge21 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 23:20
Quote:
LI Bohemian
Quote:
Hugo.LI
This post is looking a bit generic, Hartley didnít even play and Robshaw had a good game

I know Hartley didn't play but I'm basing this off the past 18 months...
Robshaw is a good player but would not get into any of the other top 5/6 teams. Fact. We will not win a world cup with these guys in the team

LLL (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 13:27
Thought England looked a bit dim yesterday.

Last minute of first half couldíve set up the drop goal, surely? And the last play of the match? Not surprised the captain looked exasperated.

And dim with official too.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 15:19
Quote:
Hugo.LI
Quote:
LI Bohemian
Quote:
Hugo.LI

I know Hartley didn't play but I'm basing this off the past 18 months...
Robshaw is a good player but would not get into any of the other top 5/6 teams. Fact. We will not win a world cup with these guys in the team

So what your saying is Eddie Jones doesn't know what he's doing by selecting these players, because it is not the players fault they are selected, if you were selected to play for your country you would play. Do you understand my point?

M51 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 17:05
When I saw the England forwards selection pre-game, I thought it looked like a side designed for containment. And they were pretty pedestrian until Kyle Sinclair came on. England needs to develop and select the more mobile forwards. Ireland were good to watch, well organised and all 15 showed a lot of pace around the field. Really enjoyed the Ireland Scotland game, afraid to look away in case I missed a sudden break. I really couldn't say the same about England v France. And I do wonder what George ford brings to the team, time for a rethink. What on earth was the James Haskell selection all about, is England really that devoid of good dynamic back row forwards. I look forward to the next Internationals to see where Eddie goes in selection for the World cup preparation.
Lots to think about.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 21:16
If you look back to the France v V Ireland game at the begining of the tournament M51, the game was not a spectacular thing but it was a gripping contest.

M51 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 22:04
I really thought France would figure highly in this six nations and reckoned on a England, Ireland France shoot out, but Ireland have stole the show, with those forward dynamic carries and backs that are allowed that space. However being an Ireland supporter and an admirer of open rugby, I was totally convinced that the Irish strategy was the one for me. Good luck to Ireland at Twickenham and I shall be flying the flag and wearing my Irish shirt for the final match.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net