rugbyunion
Latest News:

A team vs RN
PV (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 12:39
London Irish: 15 Luke McLean, 14 Topsy Ojo, 13 Ollie Hassell-Collins, 12 Fergus Mulchrone, 11 Ben Ransom, 10 Greig Tonks, 9 Ben Meehan, 1 Tom Smallbone, 2 Saia Fainga’a, 3 Lovejoy Chawatama, 4 Will Lloyd, 5 Jack Cooke, 6 Josh Basham, 7 Max Northcote-Green, 8 Isaac Curtis-Harris

Replacements: Tom Woolstencroft, Manasa Saulo, Todd Gleave, Rory Brand, Jacob Atkins, Brendan McKibbin

Few guys returning from injury. We seem to have plenty of scrum halves!

Re: A team vs RN
Anonymous User (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 12:43
That's a damn fine side!

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 12:49
I’m assuming we’ll be losing a 9 this season, I don’t think Steele has signed a new deal. I’d keep V Zyl over the others with Brand playing the apprentice

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 12:54
Would lover to keep van Zyl, but reckon he'll get a better offer. Steele also leaving it late in the day to renew, so assume he's off.

Mckibbin's last contract was undisclosed, but assuming he'll still be around. Would guess at him, Meehan, Brand and perhaps another senior 9 coming in if Steele does leave.

Good to see Topsy, Saia and Fergus back on the pitch from that team.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 13:00
I wouldn’t have a problem seeing Steele go, I don’t think his game management has improved at all. If they had their time again, I doubt they’d keep McKibbin. Hadn’t Van Zyl retired before we approached him?

26 March, 2018 13:13
He had retired, but think it was basically him saying 'come and get me' to a European club really. Think he never really intended to stop playing, just wanted out a move north.

PV (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 13:29
I think we’ll retain both Piet and Arno. They’re guaranteed game time, good coaches and a world class training facility :-)

Piet first choice with Meehan and Brand in the wings.

I heard a rumour (on here before) that Olding and Jackson will be available (Ulster don’t see them having a future with them) if they are acquitted.

That’d solve a few problems and they know Kiss.

Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 13:35
Jackson has strong links with kidney and kiss so that would be fantastic. Personally think we could keep piet but arno may be harder to keep .

PV (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 13:39
Arno will get less punishment in the Championship and a chance to continue to build on his strength and conditioning before we roar back into the Prem in 19/20.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 13:49
I started that rumour. Apparently they want away from Ulster, and leaving Ireland would end international careers so there’s no reason we couldn’t solve our fly half and kicking problem all in one.

cjm. (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 14:04
Quote:
PV
Arno will get less punishment in the Championship and a chance to continue to build on his strength and conditioning before we roar back into the Prem in 19/20.

What? you think he can get even more awesome!!

26 March, 2018 14:55
Jackson to Exeter if not guilty also doing the rounds. Can't really compete with that if true.

As far as rumours go, someone on the Saints board mentioned that Tom Stephenson may have signed with us for next season, which would probably fit the profile of possible Championship recruits. Ex England U20 centre, still 23 and was doing pretty well until having most of the last two years out with injury. Back fit again now through, albeit not getting a huge amount of gametime.

May be nothing in it

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 16:19
He has definitely signed for us

GHA (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 16:21
Hope the injuries are behind him

SirBurger (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 16:48
Tom Stephenson is a very good player. Would be chuffed with that.

Xprop (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 16:53
Saulo? He is real then.

PV (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 17:01
Quote:
jimbo800
I started that rumour. Apparently they want away from Ulster, and leaving Ireland would end international careers so there’s no reason we couldn’t solve our fly half and kicking problem all in one.

‘Course you did

Aiden1011 (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 19:49
26-0 and only 21 minutes in!

Fursa (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 20:12
Winning or loosing?

Aiden1011 (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 20:19
Winning! Now 45-5

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 20:23
Quote:
Fursa
Winning or loosing?

Winning

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 20:55
Full time 72-5 to Irish

Bazzo (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 14:26
Any good or stand out performances of note for those of us who could not go?

RodB (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 14:37
Scoreboard operator?

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 14:50
Quote:
Margin_Walker
Jackson to Exeter if not guilty also doing the rounds. Can't really compete with that if true.
As far as rumours go, someone on the Saints board mentioned that Tom Stephenson may have signed with us for next season, which would probably fit the profile of possible Championship recruits. Ex England U20 centre, still 23 and was doing pretty well until having most of the last two years out with injury. Back fit again now through, albeit not getting a huge amount of gametime.

May be nothing in it

[www.facebook.com]

Confirmed by Saints that Stephenson is leaving them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/03/2018 14:53 by Exile_Dave.

Meb4568 (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 18:04
Quote:
Bazzo
Any good or stand out performances of note for those of us who could not go?
Did we play especially well or were RN just weak? Any surprise performances? Some real youngsters out there?

28 March, 2018 21:08
Quote:
meb4568
Did we play especially well or were RN just weak? Any surprise performances?

With the greatest of respect, Royal Navy would struggle to beat Redingensians Rams, they are a Level 3 / 4 team, so to only lose by the margin they did, to a quite strong side (in the backs at least) was no disgrace ....

Aiden1011 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 21:27
Another good result in the a league tonight agaisnt bristol
62-5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net