Saracens (H) losing bonus point 1
Bath (A) away win 4

Total points 10 points:

Worcester play

Newcastle (H) - lose - no points
Wasps (A) - lose - no points
Quins (H) - win - 4 points
Saints (A) - lose - no points

Result: LI relegated unless we can win 3 of the last 4 games (probably one bonus win)

Nurse - I am ready for my medication

Your thoughts?

Come on you Irish

Paul

Re: Remaining AP game results - London Irish
tatthecraic2 (IP Logged)
02 April, 2018 19:44
I think this will be accurate. We can win at quin's and bath but I think we'll be lucky to get points at Exeter and sarries. I think best case is 8 points for us in the last games.

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
02 April, 2018 19:57
The wasps and Gloucester games were the important ones. We screwed the pooch at wasps.

plzd (IP Logged)
04 April, 2018 09:21
I can not see a win v exe

I do not think we will win again this season

Xprop (IP Logged)
04 April, 2018 11:32
Agreed sad smiley

harristocratt (IP Logged)
04 April, 2018 13:23
On what basis are we likely to perform better against Exeter than Saracens or them perform worst against us?

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
04 April, 2018 16:46
Wishful thinking.

Aa545 (IP Logged)
04 April, 2018 18:27
Think the best we can hope for is a few losing bonus points ,realistically I cannot see us winning any of our remaining games.

baldstumpy (IP Logged)
07 April, 2018 20:17
5 POINTS FROM THE Quims game well done boys

The Sligo Rover (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 08:35
Could we catch The Saints?????

Bazzo (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 09:34
Quote:
The Sligo Rover

No

Bazzo (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 09:34
Quote:
The Sligo Rover

No

Florida (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 09:48
Quote:
The Sligo Rover

Could we? Of course, anything is possible. Will we? Its unlikely, but I wouldn't give up hope.

lambsrugby (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 09:23
We were super against Quins, particularly the pack - just shows what a freshen up of personnel can do.

Saints have been on a downward spiral for some time now.

Had we made the entirely sensible decision to bring Kidney/Kiss (or similar) on board at Christmas it's quite possible we might swap places with Saints.

I see us putting in some really strong performances in the last three games

jimbo800 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 09:35
As others have said on other club boards, with a different run in to the end of the season, they could see us leapfrog saints or wuss. Unfortunately Exeter will want to cement the top position next week I imagine

PV (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 10:18
Chiefs looked very dangerous at the weekend. Letís face it, they tore a decent Gloucester side a new one. We will have to play at our best to even compete, but anything is possible.

HMRH (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 11:05
Win at Bath but cant see us getting much from the other 2 sadly. Either way we have been so much better than in our last relegation season.

Not jumping on the blame NK bandwagon - players know what they need to do. The club gave NK BV as consultant recognising he needed support - if there's blame its with the club

PV (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 12:37
Kidney and Kiss are smart. Theyíre not interested in muddying the past set up and want to develop and build on what we have. Unfortunately, you canít accelerate experience as quickly as acquiring it and these guys have that in abundance. Nick genuinely had the option to stay, but for whatever reason, elected not to.

Onwards and upwards.

cjm. (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:52
Quote:
PV
Kidney and Kiss are smart. Theyíre not interested in muddying the past set up and want to develop and build on what we have. Unfortunately, you canít accelerate experience as quickly as acquiring it and these guys have that in abundance. Nick genuinely had the option to stay, but for whatever reason, elected not to.
Onwards and upwards.

Not only the experience but the respect. No doubt NK is likeable but respect as a coach not so sure. Makes it hard to impose yourself on a team if they don't respect you.

Bazzo (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 14:11
Quote:
PV
Onwards and upwards.

How do you know Nick had an option to stay? Stay as what? I find that hard to believe, he had to have some reason to leave? You are right though K&K are smart, they are on a no lose situation for me, keep us up by some miracle and huge plaudits will come, go down which is the likely outcome and the damage was done before us, but we will get you up again. They won't get any criticism either way.

I am sure that they are both good coaches and the true test will be in two seasons time when we are back in the Premiership.

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 14:20
Let's hope for 3 more victories. Hopefully there will be a decent crowds (from both Thames Valley and London) to support the boys on at both our home games. I couldn't make the Quins game due to an operation.

I feel Worcester are not the team to beat now but Saints.

Dreams sometimes happen.

Come on you Irish

Paul

cjm. (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 14:23
Quote:
Bazzo
Quote:
PV
Onwards and upwards.

How do you know Nick had an option to stay? Stay as what? I find that hard to believe, he had to have some reason to leave? You are right though K&K are smart, they are on a no lose situation for me, keep us up by some miracle and huge plaudits will come, go down which is the likely outcome and the damage was done before us, but we will get you up again. They won't get any criticism either way.

I am sure that they are both good coaches and the true test will be in two seasons time when we are back in the Premiership.

It was widely quoted in the press that NK had an option to stay but I think it would have been a virtual demotion as he would be working under K&K.

PV (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 15:33
Quote:
cjm.
Quote:
Bazzo
Quote:
PV
Onwards and upwards.

It was widely quoted in the press that NK had an option to stay but I think it would have been a virtual demotion as he would be working under K&K.

I know he did but he didnít want to. Obviously didnít want the changes which were inevitable given results. Purely up to him. Top bloke and no criticism intended - we all have big career decisions to make from time to time.

bigbitty (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 18:43
Well, that looks like any faint hope is now gone, as Saints beat Tigers.

LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 10:46
The thing that really counts is Worcester are at home to Quins in the next round that is pretty much 5points in the bag.

SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 17:28
Tough, if wuss lose all remaining games you need to beat Sarries and Bath with at least 1 bonus to draw level on points. If you are level on points is it wins or point difference that counts?

Both possible, I hope you beat both those teams with try bonus, what a finish that would be.

cjm. (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 17:38
Commentator said that Worcester have more wins so we need to get more points than them.

We will only get anything if they play as badly as Quins and I can't see that happening.

Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 18:24
Irish now need 2 bonus point wins and have to hope Wuss can't scrape a losing bonus point from their last two games as they have already registered six wins against Irish's possible five.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2018 18:25 by Southstand(again).

waltham (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 21:00
Quote:
Southstand(again)
Irish now need 2 bonus point wins and have to hope Wuss can't scrape a losing bonus point from their last two games as they have already registered six wins against Irish's possible five.

yes :-( sadly

paulm1953 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 21:29
The fat lady was singing at the Madstad today. We are down, One thing to note was the team never stopped trying until the final whistle.

Anyone know if there is any truth that our home games will be at Adams Park in High Wycombe?

Come on you Irish

Paul

Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 21:47
Quote:
paulm1953
The fat lady was singing at the Madstad today. We are down, One thing to note was the team never stopped trying until the final whistle.
Anyone know if there is any truth that our home games will be at Adams Park in High Wycombe?

Itís a load of rubbish. Weíre at the madstad next season.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net