rugbyunion
Latest News:

MotM versus Exeter
Narbia (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 23:38
OK, here goes....

Dave Porecki for giving us some sort of 'shape' and forward momentum, or

young TBC for forming line breaks ( that every Exe player managed to do) - was a clear standout for us. winking smiley

Re: MotM versus Exeter
Shawshank (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 05:45
Agree with both.

Porecki should start.

Portcullis Irish (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 07:51
DEpressing that a replacement who played 25mins - ? is a serious candidate.

A performance that leaves a nasty taste in the mouth

16 April, 2018 08:08
Huge difference in performance compared to last week. I think Piet Van Zyl played at half the speed and took an extra step before distributing the ball compared to last week. Franks dominated the scrum last week, this time he kept going down and conceding penalties. Theo was possibly our most deserving player, both in defence and attack.

cjm. (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 10:15
Quote:
Props are not stupid
Huge difference in performance compared to last week. I think Piet Van Zyl played at half the speed and took an extra step before distributing the ball compared to last week.

Looks like the benefit of our coaching is starting to really kick in? How many scrum halves have we nobbled now?

Franks unfortunately had one good week against poor opposition. Back to normal this week.

Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 10:20
Scrum halfs look poor and get noticed for taking steps before passing etc when the rest of the team are struggling to make ground against a good defence.

A 9's performance in many cases lives and dies with how much front foot ball he's presented with.

waltham (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 10:26
Jimmy Marshall for always trying to do "something" positive to get beyond the Chief's defence. Josh upfront once again gave 100%

olw131 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 10:27
Theo as people have said already. Porecki added lots of go-forward from the bench.

The rest were either anonymous or error-prone.

Granted Exeter were far too good for us and looked so cohesive and well organised. But we didnít really help ourselves - we played exactly like we did under Kennedy with no real sign of the impact Kidney & Kiss made in their first 2 games.

cjm. (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 10:36
Quote:
waltham
Jimmy Marshall for always trying to do "something" positive to get beyond the Chief's defence. Josh upfront once again gave 100%

Normally defend Marshall and he did try to do things however he was mainly responsible for really poor kicking choices. Kept just returning the ball to exeter. Made me weep at some points.

M51 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 20:18
The whole strategy was wrong; if you are facing a go forward side like Exeter and let them come at you then you will be beaten. within 2 minutes we were stripped of the ball and they scored a try. We struggled for territory and Henry Slade ensured where we made territory he took it right back plus more. I rate TBC but hasn't yet got that kicking nous/ability of the henry Slade. Maybe in a year or two or with the right coaching/teams structure we can compete at the top level. Exeter performed like a top of the table side.

cjm. (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 21:44
TBC really ought to be making an impact now if he is the real deal. I suspect he will only ever be good not great. Any signs of him being poached yet?

My vote would probably be for McNally.

cjm. (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 21:47
Quote:
Margin_Walker
Scrum halfs look poor and get noticed for taking steps before passing etc when the rest of the team are struggling to make ground against a good defence.
A 9's performance in many cases lives and dies with how much front foot ball he's presented with.

Fair point.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net